Share your game changes or game modes to spice things up if you had the chance

Zabs
Zabs Member Posts: 13

1. I personally would love to have the chest to have more interaction such as fallout lock picking style.

Dying light is cool too

Obscure 2 lock picking mini game

2. Ability to crouch through small spaces such as hole in a wall, or a door-prop that's been half destroyed at the bottom which can be used for survivors to crouch through during chases and break line of sight.

3. And I would love to have a game mode where survivors are the bad peoples,

Survivors are the attacking team and attacking objectives or maybe stab it (analogy; doing gens).

Meanwhile the Killer is the defending team and must eliminate before that "something" is destroyed by the survivors

Tl;dr Survivor = bad people, Killer = good people game mode

4. But for the love of god, bring 2v8 game mode please.

Honestly, Dbd devs could make a rotation game mode, where 1 month is a 2v8 game mode and then next month is a different mode. (The 1v4 is always up and isn't part of the rotation game mode, since it's the heart of Dead by Daylight)

Comments

• Zabs

I forgot to mention on the 2nd point that Victor and Crouching Pig & Ghostface can also pass these crouch-able holes, but you guys get the idea

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,344

Well, if I could add a new game mode I would go for Custom Matches with bots, but with a twist: you would be able to customise the living ######### out of it. And I am talking about old powers, on old maps, with old perks.

I think it would be a very fun mode to play.

Off-topic, but have you ever noticed that your Laurie profile picture is HUGE?

• Zabs

Vanilla mode would be insanely fun, My PTSD reminded me that Adrenaline used to heal survivors to full health

And No, but maybe it's just because Laurie wasn't cropped inside with the black border lol

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,942

I would make kill your friends more of a sandbox where you can do random ######### like spawn 99 chests

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,344

Yeah, the past had its fair share of interesting things, some of them bad and some of them good. It is about time we get to see them again.

And well, it seems to be pretty normal for 2018 member to have huge profile pictures. Which is sad, because I wanted one :(

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

1v1 Duels that take place on shrunken down versions of the maps, where once a survivor is downed, their round ends and it becomes the next survivors turn. Each cycle the survivor with the lowest time would be knocked out of the trial and the remaining would then compete until one was left. At that point, the survivor would have to beat the best time so far by not going down before it was reached.

Sort of a mix of a time trial mode and a killer practice mode (practice playing as/against.)

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited June 2021

Casual Mode:

• Everyone earns 16,000 BP regardless of results
    • Survivors can pick themselves up off the ground infinite number of times. When picking themselves up they get 10 seconds of the endurance status effect.
    • Survivors who are hooked, respawn instead of being hooked. They respawn furthest from their current hook
    • Survivors have infinite number of hooks
    • Gens reset after 4 minutes. Only 4 will spawn, and they will spawn on the same side of the map.
    • Exit gates can never be opened
    • Lethal Pursuer is base kit for Killers
    • Corrupt Intervention is base kit for Killers
    • If survivors haven't been in chase, touched a generator, healed another survivor, or cleansed a totem, they will begin to receive idle crows after 30 seconds. Idle crows only go away after cleansing a totem, entering chase, fully healing another survivor, or having completed 20% (16 seconds) progress on a generator.
    • 3 v 1 instead of 4 v 1
    • Idle Crows spawn in a locker after 20 seconds
    • Deerstalker is base kit for Killers
    • Killers lose collision after 15 seconds of standing still
    • Matches end after 12 minutes
    • Similar to KYF, killers can use any perks, Survivors can use any perks, same with add-ons and items

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Wait what would be the point of this? A 12 minute unwinnable match of DbD where almost everything you do is babied by the large amount of rules and limitations in place?

• TarveshV
    TarveshV Member Posts: 6
  • Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

Honestly I just want custom matches where you can actually modify things and play with bots

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

2 vs 10 with certain perks disabled, big maps and slightly shorter gen times so 2 killers can't team up on 1 survivor without losing. It would be hectic but think of the combinations o.o

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

Oooo I've had one idea rolling around in my head for a while.

Basically, it would be a Halloween only game mode called Blight harvest. Where no gens would be present on the maps, Instead visceral cankers spawn in their place and in other locations. The match would have a time limit of 10 minutes, after which the collapseactivates, and the exit gates get powered.

The survivor objective would be to fill your personal vial, much like the original 2018 event. But you have to take it to various chemistry stations around the map to purify the serum, and fill the overall team vial ( which Grant's various post game bonuses such as bloodpoint and event point gains )

Survivors could choose to inject a small amount of raw serum for short term benefits. Such as a small increase of speed, or the ability to smash one breakable wall. But using too much in a short span will cost a health state.

Not much changes for killers, other than the fact that they can interact with cankers as well. They can get a .02 m/s increase to their speed for 60 seconds, or they can get a breaking/vault speed increase. If they are really lucky they'll gain the ability to one hit a survivor.

All effects caused by the blight serum are random sometimes RNG will be on your side, other times it'll be something small.