It's just pressing ctrl a few times, there's no intent behind it

Options
shalo
shalo Member Posts: 1,498

If there's no intent why are you doing it?

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Love it when streamers try to excuse toxic behavior lmao

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Following by the same logic then. Spirit and Nurse aren't broken, you just press M2.

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488
    Options

Here's the thing... When another survivor heals me, the 'thank you' is a few quick crouches.

It's considered rude to crouch at killers, so how do you communicate to killers that you've appreciated a match? I'm just into purple ranks and haven't gotten to red ever, so consider me a filthy casual.

Some killers are just very focused on killing, which is fine, but if the match is boring for me as a survivor, I just move on. If it's a good match (provided I'm not dead - yes, I have matches that I enjoy a LOT where I actually die), what's the accepted method to say to the killer 'hey that was a good match'. I'm talking about on console, not PC. I hardly ever play on PC.

Playing last night, we had some fun matches and then a couple of matches where you could tell the killer was all business. One match, the killer was running THREE slow-down perks. Another, the killer was running three detection perks. These killers just went straight for every hook/kill they could very quickly. Other matches, the killer was clearly skilled at things like hook juggling, judicious slugging and so forth. The matches went the distance, had good chases and were fun. If I have an item sometimes I leave it in front of the killer if the opportunity allows, but expression is limited.

1. Crouch
    2. Spin in circles (mostly fun with Ghost Face for some reason)
    3. Point (many times I've tried to point to the killer to say like 'you're the MAN' or whatever, and they just head off in that direction, wondering what I'm on about).
    4. Pointing at a hook when I'm OK with the killer hooking me if they're farming or had a bad match

I can't really use the 'come here' gesture.. Kinda wish we had something like applauding or clapping or something?

Clapping might be cool because it could also make a little noise but I'm sure it would be abused. Anyhow, doing my best out here, y'all.

ACE MAINS RISE UP.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    edited June 2021
    Options

They know what they did.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2021
    Options

I'll keep posting this as long as people are still somehow upset by an animation

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    Options

Crouching up and down has several meanings, though. The meaning can range from "thank you" to "good bye" to "haha I win" and etc.

Like, there was a killer that came here a while ago that described the epitome of a meme game, and at the end he complained about the survivors t-bagging after he let them go. But what he described was most likely a "thank you" crouch that many survivors do after being shown mercy. There was another instance I remember where a survivor was crouching at his teammate for a heal and the killer saw it and assumed it was directed at them.

Not saying this applied to OP, but in general some of you really need to take context into account instead of zeroing in on someone pressing a button a few times. If the match went well and there wasn't any other instances of toxicity, then there's no reason to assume you're being insulted.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    edited June 2021
    Options

I do take context into account, though? That's largely what my post was trying to convey - communication has context and unanimously-agreed-upon meanings, and it's not just gestures into a vacuum. I play survivor, I know the language - survivors tbagging each other is basically always friendly unless they're bodyblocking or taunting another survivor that's downed/on the hook. If the survivor is crouching at me because I spared them, or because we farmed, or because we ended up in a silly scenario like getting stuck on each other or having a staring contest, that's probably friendly. If I see a survivor tbagging through an aura perk like BBQ or Lethal Pursuer, it's probably not directed at me. And if the survivor is tbagging at the gates and we've had no friendly interaction before, they're tbagging while trying to bait a chase, or they're tbagging at pallets/juked hits, they're being dicks. There's also a bit of difference between two/three crouches and rapidly spamming the button dozens of times; former is more likely to be cordial than the latter.

Anyone who tbags at a killer they haven't otherwise communicated with at the gates to convey thanks isn't using language properly. That's like me using a middle finger as a friendly greeting. Yeah, your message is getting misconstrued, but it's not because the killer is making assumptions, it's because you're using a message that has a widely agreed upon meaning to mean something else. Nodding, crouching without tbagging, and especially dropping items are all way more agreed upon ways to show thanks to a killer you haven't established a rapport with.

But my point is that anyone claiming tbags don't mean anything is disingenuous and asking you to pretend nobody has motivations for their actions. That's all.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

So, i watched your video. Did you?

Quote: Attacks on status are permited as long as: the target is not of far lesser skill.

But for DBD, the opposite is true, because peopel do it when they feel save, because they are of higher skill.

You dont see survivors teabagging the killer that just slugged 2 players and is in chase with the 3rd, they do it at the exit gate when they escape with few to no losses.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Showing someone a middle finger. It is just my hand raising and one of my fingers sticking out.

No intent behind it.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

Personally t-bagging doesn't really bother me, it never has. Like I really don't care, the only time I get frustrated is when I don't play well and get zero kills.

I actually think the fact that killers get so annoyed at t-bagging is useful as a survivor. Same with flashlight clicking. I've seen so many survivors (myself included, although I rarely do it and if I do, I opt for flashlight clicks) flashlight click or t-bag to get a killer to chase them so they can waste time or help a teammate.

Obviously it's a bit of a different situation at exit gates, when it can be seen as bad manners. I think some killers may or may not deserve it but usually it's a bit rude when a killer tried and struggled throughout a match.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Its a horror game where you kill your opponent or they escape it's not like they can hold your character down and literally sack to mouth , I don't understand why people get so upset about things like this who cares why they're doing it , they don't even know who you are it's absolutely not personal towards you unless you're allowing it to upset you that much, someone joked about a middle finger emote but I would honestly really like one for both sides that ######### would be hilarious I would pay the money to get it if it were ever implemented.

• BradQuackson
    BradQuackson Member Posts: 385
    Options

I think its toxic behavior, but personally I don't give a ######### if its done. But then again I have been playing since beta in 2016 so nothing in this game surprises me anymore

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

You're implying that people only teabag someone when winning. It is used in pretty much any situation when you want to tilt the killer. The same reason a survivor who is injured will begin clicking a flashlight when they have nothing nearby to use.

If it were still up I'd point you toward the old DBD survivor page on their website that outright encouraged things like teabagging as a legitimate strategy to bait a killer into chases or focusing you while your teammates do gens.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    edited June 2021
    Options

The only meaning T-bagging has to me is "i want to be chased, are you happy to oblige?"

Sometimes this means no, most of the time this means yes, particularly when the person pre drops shack pallet and doesn't attempt to loop in the slightest

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

ah a ttver...ok gotta get those views.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ironic because people like that assume anyone who tunnels/camps is doing it because they want the survivor to have a bad time and want to ruin their game experience when the reality is usually nothing close to that

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

When I thank anyone especially killers I only crouch twice with a slight break in between. I don't do it in the middle of a chase, or after a pallet stun or a DS hit. I do it at the exit gate and then leave.

We as players all know that the majority of the time it's meant to insult and upset another player. Any excuse we come up with for doing it is just that an excuse.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,628
    Options

What? Those have actual influence on the game. Teabagging does nothing to the Killer when it comes to gameplay.

Except they are easily triggered by that and throw a game to get a teabagger... Which is on the Killer not the teabagger then.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341
    Options

I went and watched the video to understand the post a bit more and you've made me go on a binge on this type of stuff. So while I'm thankful that I have something to do I completely forgot what I was doing and I feel like thats your fault.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

They do make good content to binge. I suck at fighters but love the community stuff like this

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Wither there is an intent behind it or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is how you CHOOSE to react to it. Because it is a conscious choice to put meaning behind it, it is a conscious choice to take personally something they probably do to every other player they come across in a game that is very limited in it's forms of communications.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341
    Options

I personally love fighting games and do use this type of stuff to get into their heads but there is always a gg after so I don't find it too mean to do.