Do you guys think you need to play as only 1 role to be truly great at it?

Options
gendoss
gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

In my experience I feel like if I split my time between both roles (killer and survivor) I am never really that good at either, I'm just meh at both, but if I main survivor I feel like I become a much better player. It seems that way with content creators too like Otzdarva's survivor is not that great. Do you believe this to be the case or do you think splitting your time with each role makes you a better rounded player on both sides?

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

I split 50/50 and I'm an average Survivor but (hopefully) a good Killer.

Even if I wasn't, I wouldn't main one side. It's much more important to understand both sides issues and gripes than it is to be the best at either, at least to me.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I used to main killer, then switched to survivor and the knowledge is v helpful. I just heavily prefer survivor, so I only play killer if I want a lot of points.

• Zucker_Schock
    Zucker_Schock Member Posts: 565
    Options

Quite the contrary, you have to have a good amount of experience in both roles to react perfect in every situation. You can only estimate how someone will react correctly when you have enough experience. You need to know exactly what the other role can do to play around that.

I am extremely good at both. But i also played since release and have enough dbd trivia in my head to write a book. With all the stats, timings, colliders/hitboxes, delays from the server, addons and perks. But often times i confuse the names of things.

• Zucker_Schock
    Options

You have to be very aware of everything and remember timings and speeds.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

I play both sides and I am rank 1 at both sides ( sometimes I depip but it is usually rank 1-2). The thing is if you wanna know how to loop killer, understand the strong loops, overall killer power and etc... you must play killer. If you know the killer you will know the other killers. Same applies for killer side. If you wanted to know where survivors to go, which gens they are repairing first, are they bait you to god loops or just w holders you must play the survivor. Playing both sides will improve you.

• Zucker_Schock
    Options

It can also be hard to assess how good a streamer really is since there are so many factors like how good the enemy is. And what build they play.

Depending on your speed, you will need a little time to get back on track if you only played one role for quite some time. Or took a long break. But i tend to be quite fast when switching.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

You need to play the other side too to get better at your own better.

But how much does it help in a long run and if playing only one side makes you master it, is something I wouldnt really know cause I play both pretty equally lately

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options