Kate Denson Character Model Rework

2»

Comments

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

One of the only good reworks they've done. Her and Jake look so much better, everyone else looks anywhere from a little weird to just blatantly stupid.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I suddenly feel like switching my Survivor main. 🤔

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221

I think they have to do something with her teeth

they are “too out of her mouth” if that makes sense 😅

or close her mouth a little.

overall she looks great

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

Her hair is looking better, but the face is looking bad. Already an improvement.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

The teeth are due to the T-Posing, no animation is applied so they have an idle mouth to make it easier for devs to work on.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I love what they did! She looks like she has more personality now.

Her hair is the best part.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

She looks beautiful! WAY better! I think her teeth give her more personality.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,137
    edited June 2021

I remember back when the hair framing her face was styled in large curls. After they updated it, it's looked more like Farrah hair, and they seem to be keeping with that. It makes me sad.

A face at rest has a closed mouth, and if it doesn't that suggests an overbite or mouth-breathing habit, neither of which is healthy/attractive. Her nose looked better before. In the video, the old Kate looks sexy, and the new one looks... well, strange.

I main Kate, but her boobs and butt won't make up for a ruined face. I'll have to switch to maining Ash or something.

Edit: Some T-poses have the mouth open, others don't. But the shape of her lip and the lack of shadowing at her teeth still make her look like she has an overbite: her teeth appear too large, too far forward, and like there's a larger-than-preferable gap between the two front ones. On her old model, it looks like her teeth are a bit too recessed. Like always, BHVR is terrible at the whole middle-ground thing.

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221

Oh, okay.

then it’s all good.

she looks gorgeous ☺️

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Damn, she looks cute! Might play her finally! Everyone gets mad at the pictures because they don't seem to UNDERSTAND that their normal facial expressions are removed until loaded. People need to realize what a t-pose is.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

They need to fix her nose and she'll look great. Her nose looks super unrealistic.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

I'm guessing not everybody knows that the expressions are varied and this is just her default t-pose expression.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

Oh boy. I was nervous for this moment...

The pros

• Her hair looks fantastic and the ombre effect updates the hairstyle a bit in a way that I really like.
    • Her eyes look more sultry and more realistic, I like the smoky eyeshadow.
    • Obviously her skin looks more realistic and her cheeks look much better with the new complexion.

The cons

• Her nose looks a little botched. I think it is the nostrils being too small and lifted too high.
    • Like everyone else is saying her teeth are a little too prominent even in the video of her moving. She looks like she's a heavy mouth breather now and has these large teeth which with the new nose make her look a little mousey.

I don't hate the rework by any means. I hope that they will continue to tweak it before they release it as the finished update. But I don't think she looks nearly as beautiful as she could have/should have. Honestly she looks like Taylor Swift (who I personally find very unattractive) but with even more of a rodent-like face. She's now the kind of girl who I could see people finding attractive and could see being famous but who I would not find beautiful at all.

A shame. I'll continue to main her because I love the character and have put years into playing Kate but... I'm not thrilled. I'll remain hopeful that they fix her a bit. Does anyone know when this update is supposed to go live?

• Krunga
    Krunga Member Posts: 159

I'm pretty sure they are. Kate's brushing animation looks smoother and better overall, so I assume her facial animations will be changed.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I could never switch my main, I'm a too huge Silent Hill fan to let Cheryl in a corner. But I'm with you on this one: Kate could become my second most played Survivor.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Weird, side by side I don't like the new design as much. She's still gorgeous, everyone has imperfections and I don't think something like a potential slight overbite or whatever suddenly render her monstrous. That said, she still looks a bit too young and "soft" to me. That's how I would describe all of these redesigns, everyone has gotten "softened".

Her new hair is very pretty but I hope that Meg keeps her red hair, it drives me nuts that the redesign picture had her looking more or less dirty blonde. Meg is a HARD redhead and I'd miss that aspect of her a lot if it were removed, especially if (and I know this is speculation, but IF) it were removed because they wanted Kate and Kate alone to be the one with some red in her hair.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I'm surprised so many people here disapprove of the new version, I personally love her new look.

If anything, they massacred our beloved Dweet.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I honestly don't know what I think of any of the reworks. My brain can't process what the characters' faces look like once the contouring that was baked into the original textures is removed. Like, are their eyes all getting smaller, or is the shading just gone? I don't know.

• Kate_Main_01
    edited June 2021

Dweet went from an adorable nerd to looking painfully saggy-faced. He's the one I'm disappointed in the most, I agree.

Does anyone know when we are getting this second round of facial updates for Kate, Ace, David, etc? Aren't the OG 4 characters coming on the 15th?

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I'm mainly disappointed in his hair. They took away all the floof :(

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I kind of like the new model, But I hate what they did to her teeth.

• Kate_Main_01

This is what I think we should have (and could have) had. 😪

I posted this in my own thread but wanted to leave it here as well. The more I've looked at her rework the less I've liked it.