so the new matchmaking works but makes me really not want to play the game

Elik
Elik Member Posts: 119

Yeah I do think that this new matchmaking works really well but i'm pretty scared to think that this will be at some point in the game.

In my honest opinion good survivors squads dominate this game and this matchmaking really proves it for me at least with how many good survivor squads I ran into today that made me feel so helpless.

Maybe I just suck I will definitely admit that so please let me know what everyone thinks?

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

It certainly doesn't mean you suck! A lot of people may need to adjust, depending on how rank reflects pipping vs skill.

SWF will always have the advantage, but the way to see it is as a learning experience. No matter how good someone is, there's always room to learn more.

Take it as a learning curve, and with time you'll learn to give them a run for their money. Keep at it!

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Strong teams regardless of the side I play. Strangely enough every killer game has ended in a 2 man hatch escape, Survivor games were mainly escapes.

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

I have only had 2-4 man strong SWF (Strong as in better than me, im not claiming all of them are tournament level). Miserable killer game, so i just do the killer rifts and refuse to play killer "seriously".

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

You are not wrong, SWF break this gae when played in the right way, thats why we say that this game is so survivor sided, there are tons of things that make the game easy for survivors such as second chance perks, communication, organized teams and items with the right add ons or when used right( flashlights are not the strongest item in the game, its probably key with **THE OFFERING**)

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Honestly Call of Duty Cold War has the same issue. SBMM kills casual gameplay.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

This is going to sound very hypocritical of me, but I actually agree. Today I've only been put against very talented players, some of them in swf, others possibly solo or duos, but anyway all of them with a decently high skill level, and it reached a point where it was just a sweat fest game after game.

Easy, i started using double recharge add-ons and I'd still win, but my point is I really wasn't having fun, because I'd have to resolve to pressure tactics that i don't really like using.

Now, I'm not saying I want easy matches where i steamroll my opponents, but i want to play chill. I want to be able to down -> hook people, without slugging and at the same time giving a chance to the opposite team to win too while playing chill myself. Now if i play like that, i just won't go anywhere, and yes that annoying too.

And btw, before starting using add-ons i got steam rolled myself 3 matches out of 5, but I kept getting matched against strong teams regardless. I understand that I only play nurse and nurse is nurse and yeah I'm fairly good at her, but is my rating so ######### high I can't get a normal match?

Or should I just be patient and get steamrolled enough until I reach a point where I can play the way I want? :|

• ImTooooomingggggg
    ImTooooomingggggg Member Posts: 28

Had a ton of rank 18 me vs rank 1-4 SWF games. Feels bad lacking the optimal perks as a newbie to properly play in the meta. That said all my games bar 1 were red ranks last night and I got to rank 15 by the time I finished with only one entity displeased so its been kinda nice learning better tactics vs good players.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

So, I mostly use the mobile version of the forum and missed this lovely banner that only appears on the desktop version:

Thanks for all the feedback you’ve been providing thus far on the MMR Test that’s going on.

We’ve made adjustments since the previous tests and this has meant that the data collected was reset for this particular test. In view of that, you might find more disparity between your matches initially (especially with killers that you’ve not played much of recently) but with continued play these matches should balance out as the system adjusts to what is happening live, resulting in more balanced matches.

We will be continuing to monitor and welcome your further feedback.

I can now see why a lot of people are complaining about this round now.