The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

CHAPTER IDEA: SIREN (BASED ON THE HORROR GAME SERIES)

boneman
boneman Member Posts: 7
edited June 2021 in Creations

Hello! Super new here but have been playing Dead by Daylight for a long time now. Usually I just write ideas like this in my Notes app on my phone but I really wanted to share this dude because I think they’d be a neat addition to the game. Super unsure if anything is well-balanced, but I tried to do that as well as I could. Even still I know there’s definitely room for improvement on this fella. Here’s the dude, straight from my Notes page:

The Shibito

(Based off of the shibito enemies in Siren)

Power: Sight Jack

Perks: Hex: Blood Curse, Trapdoor Spider, Hex: Infestation

NEW KILLER: THE SHIBITO

Movement Speed: 110% or 4.4 m/s

Height: Tall

Terror Radius: 28 meters

Power: Sight Jack

Weapon: Mutated Limbs

DLC: CHAPTER ???: Siren

Difficulty Rating: Hard

KILLER POWER: SIGHT JACK

The Killer may, for a duration of 4 seconds, see through the eyes of the obsession, if the obsession is killed, a survivor is chosen at random. This power has a cool-down of 15 seconds, the power begins replenishing immediately after the Killer has used it. The Killer may not end the use of this power prematurely.

When the Killer is looking through the eyes of the Survivor, the Killer sees in first-person, and looks in the direction that the Survivor’s camera is pointing.

An auditory indicator of a taiko drum plays to all Survivors when the Killer uses this power.

During the use of the Killer’s power, the Killer may simultaneously be moving and using their power. The Killer’s movement speed is reduced to THE SHAPE’s stalking speed and the Killer’s terror radius becomes 0 meters for up to 4 seconds after the use of their power, or until the Killer puts a Survivor in the Injured or Dying state when the Killer uses this power.

Survivors’ white auras, generators’ red auras, and pallets’ yellow auras are visible through the Killer’s power, as long as they have line-of-sight.

KILLER PERK: HEX: BLOOD CURSE

A hex that finds power in the pain suffered by others. Once the exit gates are opened, if the Killer puts a Survivor in the Injured or Dying state, the exit gate closest to that Survivor is sealed off for 60/70/80 seconds. The totem with HEX: BLOOD CURSE is chosen similarly to HEX: NO ONE ESCAPES DEATH, in that it is randomly assigned to a dull totem after all generators have been completed.

KILLER PERK: TRAPDOOR SPIDER

From experience, you know how to cause distractions of your own. The Killer begins the trial with 0 Tokens, every time a Survivor is successfully Hooked, the Killer receives a Token, being able to hold up to 2 Tokens. The next generator the Killer damages receives the Killer’s terror radius for 10/15/20 seconds and a Token is expended.

KILLER PERK: HEX: INFESTATION

Pests have begun to make their homes within the generators of the Entity’s Realm. Survivors fixing generators have a 30%/35%/40% chance of triggering a hard skill check. If the Survivor fails to make the skill check, progress on the generator is reduced by 10%. Instead of the usual auditory indicator of a skill check, insect buzzing warns Survivors of the imminent skill check.

TEACHABLE PERKS:

• HEX: INFESTATION - LVL 30
  • TRAPDOOR SPIDER - LVL 35
  • HEX: BLOOD CURSE - LVL 40

——————————————————

Haven’t put too much thought into add-ons yet, and yeah this is a guy from an already existing property as well! I primarily had the image of the Maggot Shibito from Siren: Blood Curse in mind when making them. I may now rest knowing I have posted this funny little man on the internet.

EDIT 06/14/2021: Okey dokey, I have now put a little more thought into this fun idea by thinking of an entire chapter in Dead by Daylight for this concept! I don’t think that Siren is a property that will really be picked up by BHVR due to its lack of popularity, but I would think it to be a cool addition to the game!

I also added pictures that you could actually see now, so hopefully that will help!

Without further ado, here comes the other part of my additions:

SURVIVOR IDEA

NEW SURVIVOR: KYOYA SUDA

SURVIVOR PERK: FAMILIAR LOOP

Their tricks are less effective than they were the first time. Once a Killer has damaged a generator, if a Survivor using this perk begins fixing the generator, they receive a 3%/4%/5% bonus to repair speed for up to 10 seconds, or until the Survivor fails a skill check. After the generator is damaged, the Survivor has 20 seconds to take advantage of this perk.

SURVIVOR PERK: REALM HOPPER

The alterations of reality have begun to affect you. When the Survivor enters a locker and remains in the locker for 7/6/5 seconds, the Survivor is able to be transported to a random basement locker by pressing the active ability button while inside the locker. This ability may only be used once per trial.

SURVIVOR PERK: JUST IN TIME

You’ve learned about being in the right places at the right time. When a Survivor that isn’t you has been in a continuous chase with a Killer for 15 seconds, if the Survivor using this perk takes a protection hit, they enter into the Injured state like normal, and their aura is revealed to the Killer for 6 seconds. The Survivor receives a timer with which they can mend themselves similar to when hit by THE LEGION’s power. If the Survivor is able to successfully mend themselves, they enter back into the Healthy state. Upon taking this protection hit, the Survivor gains the Exhausted condition for 80/70/60 seconds.

TEACHABLE PERKS:

• FAMILIAR LOOP - LVL 30
  • REALM HOPPER - LVL 35
  • JUST IN TIME - LVL 40

NEW MAP: HANUDA VILLAGE

Littered with rural houses and long since abandoned local storefronts, this village has been partially flooded by the red water river that runs alongside it.

This is meant to primarily be an outdoor map, with 2 or 3 buildings that are able to be entered, excluding the Killer Shack.

Post edited by boneman on

Comments

• boneman

Oh yeah, and I know that I made HEX: BLOOD CURSE basically a diet BLOOD WARDEN, and HEX: INFESTATION is pretty much original HEX: RUIN. I tried to change the perks up a little while keeping them on brand to Siren. Over all, even though these perks aren’t 100% original, I’m pretty happy with what I came up with.

• boneman

Looking at my guy, I can say that some things I’d already like to change include SIGHT JACK’s 0 meter terror radius duration, I’d probably shorten it from 8 seconds to 4 seconds. I’d also change some things with the aura outlines with SIGHT JACK, other Survivors auras would be white, the Killer’s would be red, and generators, pallets, and chests would be yellow. Also! HEX: BLOOD CURSE would definitely have a cool down of around 60 seconds after the seal has ended, and would only affect one exit during its duration. My guy’s lookin’ a little better.

• boneman

Oh wait! Dang, how could I forget that the generators already have a red aura for the Killer? I’ll amend that part of SIGHT JACK again, using the power, the Killer will still be able to see Survivors white aura if they have line-of-sight, as well as the red aura of generators and yellow of pallets. Yeah ok ok, we’re gettin’ somewhere.

• boneman

You know what though, having 0 terror radius and the ability to see pallets, even just through line-of-sight is already pretty dang powerful. Maybe to better balance the dude out I’ll make his base movement speed at 110% or 4.4 m/s. This man requires thinking.

• boneman

You know another cool name for this guy might be THE HUSK or something too, and I know that I keep saying “this dude,” and “my guy,” but I’m not married to making this killer a big man. There are also the “brain shibito,” the one that most vividly comes to mind is that lady with all the worms hanging off of her face, pretty nasty! That would then make the Killer’s height Average instead of Tall, and subsequently would probably lead to a decreased terror radius, like 28 meters instead of 32 meters.

• boneman

Would love to hear absolutely any opinion at all about this little idea of mine. I’ll add possible Killer power add-ons when I think of some good stuff. Until then, here I shall be, stalking my own discussion post.