Isn't corssplay a bit unfair for switch?

Options
WokeNea
WokeNea Member Posts: 34

I recently bought a switch for some games on it and I got dbd as I always want To test this out but aren't switch players a bit slower than other survivors/killers? I tried this out for both killer and survivor and most of the time i kept getting killers who would catch up in a chase in les than 4 secs this might just be regular survivor ranting but idk its seems as pc killers are a bit too fast.

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

It's a bit unfair for all console players once you realise how abundant insta shot crosshair using Deathslingers exist on PC. Or just really, really good huntress players.

Though there aren't any movement speed differences no. You're probably confusing frame rate with movement speed.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    Options

If you want to you can turn off cross play.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

It could be the performance of the switch what makes you seem slower. Is there a stutter in your movement or not?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited June 2021
    Options

Once upon a time, movement in this game got more jank and harder to read the lower your framerate was, but I don't think that's the case anymore. It's probably terrible optimisation and resolution on the Switch that makes it look like killers are catching up faster.

Tbh it's not unfair, console players just weren't used to seeing good Huntress or Deathslinger players. Survivors get a very minimal advantage with Mouse and Keyboard over a controller.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Crossplay is a bit of a blessing and a curse. On one hand, the framerate is awful. On the other hand, matchmaking... yikes. I used to play on Switch. The playerbase was really small, and you'd face the same people pretty often. Which wasn't too bad, but it's nice having matches where I don't run into the same people in the very next match. (I literally had a game where the killer who killed me was a survivor in my next match as Killer on Switch)

• WokeNea
    Options

Okay yes I meant frame rate but I'm not including the huntress and deathslinger i honestly just feel like they should have done whag apex did and just made it switch xbox and ps4 crossplay and once a pc player joined a party then you would join the pc servers, or there could be an option to include pc as to me, the frame rate and resolution is pretty bad when looping and there I go again stupid survivor ranting.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    Options

I cant imagine how playing on switch could be difficult

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

No I get your point. When crossplay first came out I didn't really notice any new issues with my frame rate (ANY NEW I SAID) but recently I just notice more of a frame rate issue the more cross play are in my lobby. I truly believe it's just the more PC players in my lobby but since I can't be 100% sure I'll say cross play. It has got so bad I won't play a full lobby of cross play anymore. I made that decision after watching survivors move faster than my ghostface and sure you can say they really weren't it's just frame rate but what's the difference if I ain't gaining on them on my screen to hit them? Then if you get close by sneaking up on them your game stutters/freezes and poof they gone. So fun.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I was on Xbox for 3 years and just having 60 fps and extremely comfortable camera control alone made me way stronger at tiles and with tracking the killer in a chase. On console its awkward to even look behind you in a chase.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I haven't noticed any serious differences on my Lite, I'm actually rather impressed that the portable version of the game is the exact same thing as the PC version of the game, just with lower FPS and some reduced graphics.

It's worth noting that the game is supposed to run better portably than docked. Not sure why.

• WokeNea
    Options

I mean other than the killer seemingly being quick depending on your fps I have no issue on the switch version, just seems that the survivors and killers are a bit too slow, I even tested this out on my pc and switch, the pc running at 60fps indeed rendered the survivor moving a bit faster compared to the version of the switch running at 30fps, which rendered the survivor going a but slower. Now why no one discusses this issue I don't know but I stared this discussion just so devs might look at this.

• WokeNea
    Options

I mean depending on what you play on yeah I can see that, but once you actually play the switch version after 5 days you would likely understand my point.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 749
    Options

Right???? For one if youre playing portable, you better hope you're in a completely dark room to see anything. Second docked... gl with skill checks.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

My greatest achievement in this game was getting a 4K with Michael Myers on the Switch Lite while standing against the inside of a Wal-Mart entrance and charging the system where they plug in the power carts. Couldn't have possibly been any more bright and distracted unless I was getting autopsied. :D

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198
    Options

By any chance was that me that you guys faced? i play legion on switch the blighted outfit.

• WokeNea
    Options

This is what I'm trying to get here, they should have done what apex did, and made cross-platform on console only unless a pc play joined a swf in which they would be transferred to pc servers, but in the end I doubt the devs care about the switch version.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

gameplay wise every console is at disadvantage compared to PC more so killer but even on survivor its easier to look behind while in a chase and make proper decisions on PC compared to on console. Not to mention performance being an issue on most consoles

• uncreative_username
    uncreative_username Member Posts: 85
    Options

As a switch player, other than me being terrible at the game, my gameplay seems pretty much the same as everyone I watch

Everyone always complains about switc/consoles having terrible frames or running bad, but I'm just vibing on switch, maybe my switch , just happens to be really good, but I never have lagged in dbd switch