Do People Who Use Insidious Actually Think That They Become Invisible?

Most of the people I've played against that have used insidious stand out in the open clearly visible several feet from the hook. Why even bother using insidious like that. Since survivors can see you from across the map, it seems like it would be a waste of a perk slot. Do the people using insidious like this actually think they become invisible to the survivors?

Comments

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137

Ok, that is fair enough. So if you are a camping style killer, using insidious out in the open by the hook still helps to bring in all the unaware hook swarming survivors.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Yeah most survivors are as bad as most killers, so it works out. But this does make me laugh because yesterday I played against a Legion using Insidious and he was literally kicking gens and then standing right next to them like we wouldn't see him.

• arcticgirl36
    edited June 2021

Thanks. This helps confirm what I was wondering about. I've seen people standing out in the open using insidious and it doesn't make sense unless they think they are invisible. I think it is because in the description they say it grants "undetectable" status. And it also creates a shroud of fog which must make them feel invisible. But It doesn't make them invisible to survivors of course. Luckily I do a lot of research about which perks I use before I equip them or I probably would have felt a little silly when I first started playing. I just have this hunch that a fairly large percentage of people think it makes you invisible.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

It only works when no one is looking.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Insidious is one of the perks that should not even exist lol. Not to mention its very bad perk outside of meme builds

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Oh I've done that just to see how stupid people can be...4k is the answer to that.

Just to be clear this was in purple ranks nearly red ranks aswell.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

I mean...

I was using Insidious + Dragon's grip on Deathslinger. On Badham, I hid behind a bush that's clearly too small for me and waited 10 seconds for someone to touch the gen. I will not tell you how times this has worked.

• Dicklaycia
    Dicklaycia Member Posts: 147

It’s why I’m glad I run Kindred -- no feeling quite like seeing a Leatherface hook a teammate, stand still, and have his aura fade away. It’s a shame that I can’t communicate this to my allies to prevent them from running into the basement for the save like lambs to slaughter…

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I've never used insidious because it's a waste of a perk slot and unless you're playing as bubba, camping the hook sometimes won't work in your favor cause survivors can swarm the hook with BT.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I was once up against a Huntress running Insidious. Only knew they had the perk because I was running Kindred at the time. She stands still behind the hook and disappears. I laughed my arse off. What a pointless perk on a killer with a 40m Lullaby.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Insidious is more versatile than people think. It’s great to use to hide near a gen that’s been difficult to keep survivors off of. Wait till you hear repairs start up again, pounce for an easy hit.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

You know, why haven't you ever made it so when you read a description, you can hover over special statuses and values to see what they mean and how much they do? If I hover over Undetectable on Insidious, I get a pop-up telling me what it does and how much it lasts. If I hover over something that hinders, I see what hinder does, how much it does and how much it lasts. 100% more efficient for new players and maybe some good info without using Wikipedia.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,114

My favourite is this one time a huntress used insidious, and she thought she couldn't be heard (since she still sings during it). It was one of the most hilarious encounters I've had.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Yet survivors still go for the save.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Same. Was my 2nd or 3rd game I ever played I tried it and was so confused. Even more confusing I ran it on wraith.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

They talk about how they want to improve the new player experience. Sorry, but I personally think that if you want to improve something, you have to take the time. As you said, in order to not deal with rewritting the text for every change, just use the variables in the text so they change themselves. Let's be honest, most of the work would be copy pasting, which won't really take THAT much time.

If they would be interested in doing this, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but since they don't want to, it is.

• arcticgirl36

I still find the wording very confusing for insidious even though I know exactly what it does. I just went in game to my check my trapper and hovered over insidious. It says, "Standing still for 2 seconds grants you UNDETECTABLE status until you move or again." When I got the game earlier this year, I started playing trapper and I actually wasn't sure if I was invisible or not. I had a black shroud over me, and people would run up to me. (Probably because they were wondering what I was doing.) I had never played Wraith which uses the term invisible, so for me undetectable was basically synonymous with invisible. Fortunately, I look up everything, and I found out that it doesn't make you invisible but instead reduces your terror radius. My main point is that I know from how other people use insidious, like standing right by a generator out in the open waiting for someone to come work on a generator, means that a lot of other people think insidious undetectable means invisible. I actually think it probably contributes to new players insidiously camping bubba who wouldn't do it if they knew other people could literally see them.

• Karna5
    Karna5 Member Posts: 34

Until this thread I had absolutely no idea Insidious does not make you invisible. All other perks and addons which affect terror radius explicitly say they affect the terror radius. Insidious says it makes the killer undetectable. To me (as someone with a degree in English) this means the killer is invisible AND has no terror radius AND has no aura AND has no red stain.

Now, from this thread, I know this perk only removes the terror radius and red stain.

In my humble but sincere opinion, the description of the perk should be corrected to say it removes the terror radius and red stain when the killer stands still. It should not use the word undetectable as the killer is detectable plain as day to anybody looking her way.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Maybe it should make you invisible... O.O

Once I faced a Huntress with Insidious xd

• phyphrus
    phyphrus Member Posts: 67

I don't think I'd ever use insidious again. But yeah, I agree it doesn't matter.

In my opinion, it's a silly perk. Complete waste of time if you're paying attention enough.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I've seen old Freddy using insidious. He was invisible with no terror radius by default, so it was pointless.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

I started playing this game back in 2016 and around december i started to play a bit more Killer. When I read this perk I was 100&% sure you become invisible. I remember me playing Hag on Haddonfield. I was hiding in a corner next to a gen and a Nea was starring at me and it took live 2-3 minutes for me to think about "Am I.. invisible?"

So I googled my way to find some answers and it was kinda embarassing. But yea, I was sure I was invisible. But I'm also very sure that the description of the perk was different at this time.