The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My steam review for DBD will stay negative until they have dedicated servers. Change my mind.

Croz
Croz Member Posts: 41

P2P in current year LUL

Comments

• TheGodfather
    TheGodfather Member Posts: 46
    They won't add dedicated servers cause ita too hard and expensive... Excuse me but how a game with 2 years old can't have dedicated servers and deathgarden can??
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@TheGodfather said:
    They won't add dedicated servers cause ita too hard and expensive... Excuse me but how a game with 2 years old can't have dedicated servers and deathgarden can??

Because one was made with dedicated servers in mind and the other one wasn't. This is like replacing a human being's entire nervous system after they're fully grown. It's complicated.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

one person to change the review, one person added on the the negative, this hurts my mind to try to comprehend this

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@TheGodfather said:

dead by daylight was not expected to go this long, deathgarden they expected to be good (In my opinion it looks good) so in deathgarden they got dedicated servers fast while dbd could get it but its a low chance, they are expensive as hell and take some work

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

@TheGodfather said:

dead by daylight was not expected to go this long, deathgarden they expected to be good (In my opinion it looks good) so in deathgarden they got dedicated servers fast while dbd could get it but its a low chance, they are expensive as hell and take some work

Well il be finally a response to the no dedicated survers stuff with a actually response and not devs said no and I'm not being sarcastic just amazed to see a actual reply
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Who cares.... Leave... Cya... Probably never see you again which is good.

They probably won't ever get servers.

So cya later.... luls.

• TheGodfather
    They also said that they listen to the community. And from what i see they just don't want to do a quality of life change...
  • franticpig29
    franticpig29 Member Posts: 102

@TheGodfather said:
    They also said that they listen to the community. And from what i see they just don't want to do a quality of life change...

Speaking of QoL stuff, when are they going to make it where when survivors die they can't see the killers perks and ad ons till end of game? So that SWF can't tell the others what perks the killer has when they die.

• Crow
    Crow Member Posts: 113

Geez we almost have the same name.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@franticpig29 said:

@TheGodfather said:

Speaking of QoL stuff, when are they going to make it where when survivors die they can't see the killers perks and ad ons till end of game? So that SWF can't tell the others what perks the killer has when they die.

It's still a work in progress. On that 2+ year completion plan.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Orion said:

@TheGodfather said:

Because one was made with dedicated servers in mind and the other one wasn't. This is like replacing a human being's entire nervous system after they're fully grown. It's complicated.

i was just about to say that when i read your response xD

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

weird flex, but ok

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

No one gives a rats ass about your steam review. /end thread

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Not here to change your mind.
    Just saying that i rarely ever have issues with the current system, in this game and other P2P games.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    It's like trying to turn a car into a motorcycle. 
    It's possible. But way to much work, pricey, and the outcome would be ugly af.
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Like steam reviews have been trusted anyways. 
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Orion said:

@TheGodfather said:

Except one is impossible the other one is not.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

TFW people think their opinion matters.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Croz said:
    P2P in current year LUL

Many games still use P2P as its cheaper. Remember this was sort of the big "break-out" game that got BHVR on the map so for them to buy dedicated servers and change the game code to run on said servers it will take lots of money and time. These things cannot happen quickly.

I agree it would be nice to see dedicated servers but I'm not holding my breath for such a thing with DBD. Perhaps down the road if this game plans on pushing a few more years or if something along the lines of DBD 2 comes out.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Dedicated servers wouldnt fix all the problems, and would likely cause more, let alone seeing EVERYONE lag switch. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Congratulations, you are threatening to use a review system like its intended, while being a negative drop in a see of positive.

How badass.
    You're so awesome! :)
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Sure it'd be pretty neat to have dedicated servers but the game has done really damn well without them for over 2 years so, from a business perspective, what'd be the point in adding them? It's not really going to bring a bunch of people in.

• Croz

Too all of you saying "Green ping is ok" you do realize the killer always has 0 ping which means he's the priority in every aspect. Almost every game I get hit through a pallet or over a window let alone teleporting back to the other side of the window just cuz the killer hit me on his screen before I vaulted. And not to mention lag-switchers oh boi those are delightful. I have played against the same lag-switcher and reported him on different occasions but he was never banned. The amount of bullshit added to this game via p2p is ridiculous for a game this successful. And if not for the theme of this game that keeps people interested this game wouldn't be as successful for it's gameplay alone.

• Croz

@franticpig29 said:

@TheGodfather said:

I mean that's a good price to pay for tunneling I don't see why you want it gone. Don't want to happen? Stop tunneling. :)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Croz said:

@franticpig29 said:

@TheGodfather said:

I mean that's a good price to pay for tunneling I don't see why you want it gone. Don't want to happen? Stop tunneling. :)

Huh.
    So tunneling solo players doesn't come at a cost then.

• Croz

@thesuicidefox said:

Define elections.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Dead by daylight isn't a game. Dead by daylight is a way of life. That is an insult to all the Feng Mins in this thread.
  • @TheGodfather said:

The entirety of the DG playerbase can fit on to one server.

• DarkWo1f997

@TheGodfather said:

The entirety of the DG playerbase can fit on to one server.

OWWWWW BABY CRITICAL HIT! 

• TheGodfather
    Well said @Well_Placed_HexTotem. Those from DG could give their dedicated servers to dbd. Just to do a good thing
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Well said @Well_Placed_HexTotem. Those from DG could give their dedicated servers to dbd. Just to do a good thing
    Nope, game is coded for P2P. Just giving them to DBD will have a result like welding 2 motorcycles together and calling it a car.
  • Croz

@thesuicidefox said:

Schooled, son.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    I hate so much these "change ny mind" threads with no information, research or anything to back it up that thought. You know what I mean? You have no idea what are you talking about. Not only you but every person that does this thing, "change my mind" out of laziness

Big news boys, nobody care to change a stupid mind especially if don't even bother to do a research about the argument or get at least informed for 30s using google
  • franticpig29

Dead by daylight just announced they're getting dedicated servers. @Croz

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

How interesting......its almost like it was just announced that dedicated servers are coming this summer.... :chuffed:

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Boom. In your face.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    So you're changing your review in the summer now?
  • Croz
    So you're changing your review in the summer now?
    Ye
  • franticpig29

I was all you and I'm for ever great-full

• Croz

I was all you and I'm for ever great-full

I can't tell if you're meme-ing or your English is just terrible.
  • brock
    brock Member Posts: 305

Well they announced dedicated servers are coming.

• DarkWo1f997
    You got your wish. 
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited December 2018
    Blueberry said:

P2P wouldn't even make my top 10 list of issues for the game. Join lobby, look at ping, stay or leave if. Zero issues.

There are several issues with that.
    1 . Too long to find good ping(60-80).
    2. Killer has advantage in ping over you no matter what.
    3. Killer dodge prolonging matchmaking.
    4. Lag switch.
    5. The game lags due to poor connection on killers side.