Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

RPD Was Disabled For Nothing

The crash problem we are all experiencing is not because of RPD. I have crashed across multiple maps, regardless of anything. The constant lag spikes are the true culprit in this situation.

Unless it really does have something to do with RPD in the coding, it being disabled was practically meaningless.

Comments

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

I have crashed four times on the RPD. I haven't crashed outside of that map.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I haven't crashed yet. Leary's was unplayable though.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    edited June 2021

I've crashed 4 times across The Game, Léry's, Dead Dawg, and RPD.

• Airless
    Airless Member Posts: 156

Wouldn't mind if they just disabled RCPD and the Game forever tbh

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited June 2021

It does speak to BHVR's inability to make stable content though.

I do not blame people for being frustrated.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Frustrated, no. I don't either.

But it astonishes me how frustration manifests itself. The sheer amount of hyperbolic complaining that comes from this forum on a daily basis is so widespread that I wonder why anyone even plays the game at all. If they have this issue fixed tomorrow people will still spend months complaining that it happened at all. It will be remembered as "the darkest day in DBD history".

The sad fact is that we live in the days of an industry that releases buggy content all the time - not just BHVR, every game developer - and the internet is used as a crutch to fix the issues after the fact. Does it suck? Sure. Will it get fixed very shortly? I'm guessing so. Will people still complain about 34 different things every day this week? Undoubtedly. This isn't anything new. This is Tuesday.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

Haven’t had any yet today, but have gotten random lag spikes (right as the killer is barreling down on me, of course).

• Islaya
    Islaya Member Posts: 11

Honestly, the map was a big reason I was excited to play this chapter...