The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I think the bloodpoint cap is broken.

I played a match as deathslinger, and and the end my bloodpoints were at 1,000,900 or something close to that. I thought that was weird, so I played again and it increased to about 1,004,000 or something like that. I hovered over the bloodpoint icon, and it still said that it was capped at 1,000,000. I didn't use any Daily or Archive challenges and it wasn't the 300,000 BP boost that I got earlier. So... that's pretty cool.

Comments

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

BPs gained from gameplay, rituals, archive are seperate from events, redeem codes, etc. First ones are capped at 1kk, the others do not have any cap.

They are displayed as a sum however.

However, the first pool to be consumed when spending is the event one...

• HappyFace
    HappyFace Member Posts: 26

Total cap, like overall. I think you are talking about the Event Scores or something, while I meant this. They both cap, or at least are supposed too. Normal match, nothing special.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited June 2021

You didn't understand me.

There are two pools of BPs.

One for BPs gained in game, from rituals, archives. These are capped at 1000000. This is pool #1.

Then there is another pool of BPs for the ones gained from EVENTS (BHVR giving away free bp when you login in), refunded for some reason (lost game progress) and the ones redeemed through store by using codes. This is pool #2.

#1 is capped at 1,000,000

#2 has no limit.

The count you see in the menu is the sum of #1 and #2. Even if you have 45,000,000 in #2 you can keep gaining BPs in #1, until it hits 1,000,000. Then you would see 46,000,000 as the bp amount.

However, AFAIK, if you start spending BPs, it will first start taking them from #2. So, if you want to continue gaining more BPs from gameplay, you need to deplete the second pool before you can deplete first one, which then will allow you to get more. That's how it worked few months ago, unless they changed that it takes from first pool first Now.

What you see on your picture is having some BP in #1 and in #2, hence why you are over the limit.

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133

As if bhvr would ever do something as silly as make the grind easier....

• HappyFace
    HappyFace Member Posts: 26

I didn't know that. Thank you for explaining it so well! I continue to learn more about this game every day.