Zombies Reward Nemesis For absolute nothing.

Options

Nemesis Doesnt have to hit you to down you at all. Yes I get that there are only two of them on the map. But everytime I play as him multiple survivors are downed by them. They spawn near where we are looping and close it off. I Don't feel like I deserve these downs in any way. Call me Crazy but zombies shouldn't be able to down survivors. Sure infect and injure but If the Survivor is injured maybe hinder them?? Don't Count it as a hit so there is no speed boost but quite the opposite.

Comments

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

How the ######### you are so lucky right now i never had a single hit with the zombie i dont know why but survivor i face can dodge them but they are a great detection tool

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

They're so easy to dodge. I only seen one person got hit by them and they were playing with them to begin with. Zombies suck.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options
  • TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

I won my first match the complaints are going to start rolling in

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Snails move faster than they do, how are you getting hit?

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

The only time I’ve been hit by one is when nemesis trapped me between him and a zombie. They’re easy to outrun and often get stuck on corners.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

It's true, Nemesis is basically in autopilot.

Now where is slozzy? Slozzy?

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

I mean, that's a pretty provocative way to say it, but in essence yes.

The problem isn't that AI acts of its own volition, without influence or input from a player, it's that their efficacy is heavily RNGesus faith stat-dependent. Indoor maps are going to be a field day for Nemesis, and turning a corner can be a trap. Zombies are desperately lacking in consistency.

And that's not just bad for survivors too. Zombies get themselves stuck in ways that no human could ever figure out.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

They’re Zombies, not Teddy Bears. They’re not looking for hugs. Of course they’re going to be lethal.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

ZOMBIES REWARD NEMESIS FOR ABSOLUTE NOTHING.

Yeah. So?

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited June 2021
    Options

The concept and rationale behind them is in following with the theme too.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

Yeahhh can't say I didn't see this coming.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

The only time I have ever had them hit me or my teammates is when nemesis purposely pushed survivors into them:

like when a nemesis pushed me into a zombie blocked killer shack(it was rotten field so it was literally the only thing to loop that I could reach).

Or

When nemesis purposely went out of their way to hook a survivor near a zombie which the zombie got a melee hit off on the rescuing survivor.

Notice how the Nemesis player had to set up these zombie hits to ever hit anyone in my games.

• Jetsallday24x
    Jetsallday24x Member Posts: 54
    Options

LMAO you must playing against some real potato survivors. Zombies have been aimlessly wandering into walls, Not moving at all, walking past survivors. I have make the survivors run into them to get downs with them. Tracking is the really only useful benefit I've gotten with them. The Killers power isn't really threating as it is. Only to survivors who panic drop pallets or panic vault windows. The difference between tier 2 and tier 3 is hardly noticeable.. I would like to the power buffed, Including the zombies to make it overall feel more threatening and improve the game play for both sides.

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422
    Options

They're bear traps that move slower than a crouch-walking Survivor and that the Killer himself has absolutely zero control over. Their AI is slow, unresponsive, and has the worst pathfinding I've ever seen. The only thing they do decently is tracking and even then they're so slow and stupid that they'll often be chasing a Survivor in the opposite direction of where they actually are or just get themselves stuck on a rock. They're a lame tacked-on part of his kit to the point where the whip is pretty much his entire power.

The zombies suck. A lot.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179
    Options

Wait until you hear about dead hard. That doesn't just reward for nothing, it rewards for actively screwing up!

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Hey do you guys wanna trade zombies? I want yours.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

One of my zombies was halfway up a staircase at Lampkin Lane when I chased a survivor up said staircase.

Did not end well for the survivor.

• Itooshie
    Itooshie Member Posts: 174
    Options

I don't get this Mentality of "I feel like I dont deserve a down" if the survivor is dumb enough to get caught then you got a down, as killer you need to have as much pressure as possible. Most survivors wont be so kind to you regardless of if you did or didnt "deserve" a down.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

They're not great for getting hits. Their main use is tracking and chasing survivors off gens. I had to abandon gens so many times because of those bastards.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    Options

I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that most survivors aren't yet used to the idea of looking for zombies. This is still day one. Most of the hits I've gotten by zombies have been from survivors who were looking behind them while being chased. The only zombie down I've gotten came when I was running Depleted Ink Ribbon and Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge - a powerful combo, but not one that's available for every game. Survivors skills will improve (unfortunately).

Also worth pointing out that a zombie can't down you unless you've already been hit by two tentacle attacks (or one tentacle and one regular attack) and haven't found a vaccine or else you're just repeatedly running into zombies over and over. They can't damage you unless you're already infected. They're also fairly slow, even with addons.

They don't reward killers for nothing, they punish you for not paying attention enough to occasionally move your character a few meters one direction or the other.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

And people thought behaviour would've made the first step to bot killers 😂

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
    Options

Im just saying they literally take some of the killers skill out of the equation. Ive chased survivors in a clean area and poof a zombie spawns in the loop causing the survivor to either run away and allow me a free hit or run into the zombie and get hit lose lose for the survivor. I just don't feel like I did much in these scenarios and that the survivor is screwed even if outplayed. Although I do enjoy when a survivor dead hards to avoid my M1 and then immediately gets hit by a zombie lurking around the corner of the pallet or doorway

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,766
    Options

the few times i have seen people get hit by zombies it's because they were at a loop and had to make a choice between getting downed by the zombie or downed by me

not sure how you get hit that often unless you just have incredibly bad luck with their movements

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

I get that but Dead hard as annoying as it is can only be used once per chase mostly. These zombies can spawn anywhere no matter how many times you kill them. Say I kill them as nemesis they will spawn quite quickly and usually near where the survivors are. I am sure its just RNG but most of the time they are near survivors.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Nah, too early to do such a nerf, and probably too big a nerf anyway.

Though i gotta admit i like the idea itself, cause it reminds me of the zombos in most other media: Infected? Can't be detected.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,738
    Options

The only times I've been downed by a zombie are when Nemesis was chasing me into them, aka a skillful use of his power, or when I was messing around with the zombie for funsies and it got me.

They're way more useful for ending chases prematurely, or bothering survivors at objectives, than they are for free-roaming health states. Survivors have to be very stupid to get downed by a zombie that isn't interfering with a chase or camping a hook.

My only issue with zombies is that there's no i-frames involved - Nemesis can hit you and a zombie can hit you afterwards for two health states in less than half a second, and zombies can bodyblock you straight into a down because they don't lose collision when they hit you. (They might have fixed the latter point from the PTB, but I didn't see that on their patch notes, so I'm assuming no.)

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566
    edited June 2021
    Options

That is such a false statement, if anything they add something to a killers skill in the equation, reacting to where the zombie is and potentially herding the survivor in that direction to catch the survivor off guard, not unlike how Trapper/Hag can do to herd survivors towards their net of traps.

And contrary to Trapper/Hag traps, Nemesis has to adjust based on the position of the zombie which moves on its own.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

I mean... Does he get rewarded for nothing if a zombie downs a survivor? Sure, but there are so many things in this game where you get rewarded for absolutely nothing, on both sides.

Every single survivor item for example is a reward that isn't earned but brought in for example, but they're considered perfectly fine, so why not the zombies? The actual reward out of the items you bring are also almost always something you get, unless you bring like a medkit against a Plague or so whereas the reward out of getting a zombie hit is in my experience at least something that hardly happens.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

They're a gamble, a fun gamble. One time I got smacked by a zombie on purpose just to give me that sweet sprint burst to an exit gate

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2021
    Options

Decisive strike rewards survivors for failing and goind down.

Borrowed time rewards survivors for brainlessly rushing the hook save.

Dead hard rewards survivors for pressing a button.

This game is no stranger to rewarding people for doing nothing.

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

I get that but all three of these have some type of counter. Yes I am aware it was just released but form the looks of it if the zombie spawns at the loop you are taking a hit nmw you do as survivor. Mind you I play killer mostly I just don't like getting free downs if i don't do something to earn them.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    Options

Feel happy they didnt add 2 lickers in game instead of them

Theyre so noisy , except playing with no sound on, theres no way you cant unsee them coming

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

@Sluzzy these zombies are out of control, we require your guidance in these dark times