Lethal Pursuer highlights how stupid spawns are.

Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Been running Lethal Pursuer and it have seen some pretty ridiculous spawns.

• Survivors spawning literally on top of hex totems
  • Survivors spawning spread out on 3-4 different gens as soon as the match starts.
  • 4 survivors spawning on top of one gen

Comments

• Chaotic_Wretch
    Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94

They should make it where all survivors spawn together by default. The hex totem spawns will always happen due to RNG, but making survivors spawn together would help to prevent an impossible to defend set of generators.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited June 2021

I saw the most stupid spawn ever on the new map. I spawn (Nemesis) on the one side of the main hall (above stairs up) and poor dwight spawned next to exit gate on the other side of the enterance / exit to the main building (aka main hall). Even without this perk, you could see each other. Poor dwight.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

I find it funny that survivors don't naturally spawn together anyway, considering that there is an actual offering that's supposed to make them spawn apart lol.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

It really highlights how strong it is for the team to spread out on different gens.

When they spawn on all different gens you know it's going to be a VERY rough game, which should not be dicated by something as stupid as rng spawning.

• Reinami

Spawns should be dictated first, then everything else around that. All survivors should spawn next to each other, next to a gen that only 1 person can repair. HEX totems should spawn away from the survivor spawn. Killer should always spawn on other side of the map.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,867

They should either make a dedicated "survivor spawn area" where all 4 survivors spawn together and then have to actually roam around to seek gens and not spawn right next to them so neither side can start working on their objective right away, or bring back the bug where the killer spawned really close to the survivors, so both sides could immediately start their objective

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,333

almost all gens in the game are 2-3 man generators. just look a map like gas heaven. your requesting survivors to spawn on 1 man generator when zero generators are 1 man generator on gas heaven and its like that for like 90% of the maps. survivor spawning on totems is terrible though. its almost like haunted ground is reliable hex perk than actual hex perks......

• Reinami

Obviously this would require fixing some things, but yes. Survivors should all spawn on a generator, that only 1 of them can repair. If they can't make it through terrain, make it a game mechanic that prevents that generator from being repair by more than 1 for some reason.

I'm planning a thread in general from some stuff that i realized about gens and such but that is a different issue.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Like it matters? 3/4ths of this playerbase seems to be allergic to generators anyway.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

I still like the idea of spawning the killer always in the basement. Then they could set survivor the furthest away from there in a 30 degree cone (still all together but not necessarily completely predictable). Lit Totems should also spawn the furthest away from both parties.