The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A question to survivors from a prominently killer player

Gaffy
Gaffy Member Posts: 222

When one of your team mates disconnects or manages to die on their first by their own input, what is your reaction and first instinct when that happens? And how do your killers play after It has happened?

Me being the killer I react according to how I'm feeling at the time, I will either farm with the survivors by just playing normally and distributing hooks fairly among the remaining three players and then give the last one hatch or I will just kill who I see because I want to finish quickly and move onto the next match. Tell me how you feel about me doing this also.

Comments

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

When someone disconnects I groan and roll my eyes. The match is pretty much a wipe after that (if its at the begining).

I always try and do gens but if the killer is showing no mercy and just wants us dead I won't stop them. I have no issue with it! Clearly that match is no fun for anyone so might as well move on to the next.

When a killer does show mercy or play more kindly that makes me happy ^^ still get bp and safety pip! When I player killer and someone disconnects I usually farm as well.

• bsloth87
    bsloth87 Member Posts: 35

If someone disconnects right at the beginning I just assume I’m screwed. I just had a match where one player disconnected immediately, and the killer face camped the first person they hooked. I just stood next to a hook, and went to get a chocolate banana bomb pop from the garage fridge. I would have disconnected to be honest, but I crashed 4 times yesterday, and got disconnected penalties for all of them. Not sure when they start getting serious, but the last one was 15 minutes, and that’s some BS.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

When someone disconnects I just think "Seriously?". I tend to become more stealthy after that and do gens where there are walls or objects to hide behind. Some killers will be nice and start farming and others... Not so nice.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

If that survivor funs you for over 80 seconds and not a single generator is done then i don't blame them for saying f this there is no hope im out..

I have prematurely left games because i ran the killer for a long time only to see all 3 survivors thirsting for the unhook points and only one or no gens done.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,194

Depends. Certain killers/builds, I totally understand. Other times I get a little tilted because the game was a free win if they had just stayed in.

Either way, I just want the game to end as a soon as possible in whatever fashion. I don't care about points, pips, etc. Only escapes or not. And if it's clear that the game is a lost cause, I just want to go next and not waste my time.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited June 2021

At that point I just say [BAD WORD] it and try to get enough points to safety pip. I don't give up and I'll still be doing gens but mentally I don't want to play the match anymore.

Usually when someone DCs the killer just continues the game which is expected, but when they do decide to farm I appreciate it because then everyone atleast gets something out of the match.

Now as a killer myself, it honestly depends on how my last game went and what mood I'm in. If I just came from a game with a bully squad then I'm probably just going to kill everyone as fast as I can & maybe give last one hatch so I can just move on. If it's the opposite though, I'm more than happy to farm.

Now with that being said.. if it's obvious that they all gave up/they're all cute Dweets.. then obviously I'm going to have mercy.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

I get annoyed but sometimes understand if they’re being tunneled or camped, which I’ve seen a lot this week. Maybe it’s rank reset? Game has been very toxic lately and I’ve noticed the new killer players camp and tunnel as bad as bubbas. Lovely.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Teammates giving up is the main reason why I hate playing survivor.

I don't expect killer's mercy, but I keep playing to the end. If killer is farming, which is rare, then I accept his offer.

As killer myself I can farm if it's mid game. If there is 2 survivors dс on 5 gens, I would just kill the rest of team, because it's faster way to end this ######### shitshow. And I can to give the hatch to last survivor.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I generally roll my eyes and mutter about selfish punks. But I don't let it ruin my night.

As mainly a killer player, I understand how it screws a team. I've had times were a person DC'd on first hit and I decided since the rest of them were so bad to grant everybody an "Extra hook". That is, I'd carry them to the hook, but then drop them on the ground and leave. That was my way of making up for the punk who quit.

I'm not always so nice though - and I don't expect the killer to be nice either. People just need to stop logging in entirely if they don't have the ability to tough out a bad game.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

As a survivor - I just think to myself "What a temper tantrum baby." I just keep trucking and trying to do gens/totems etc.

As a killer - I start to go a little easier on the remaining survivors when people purposefully DC or kill themselves on first hook.

No matter what I am playing I always question why these type of people bother playing an asymmetrical game like DBD.

FYI I think you meant: predominantly not prominently.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

I hate that ######### man. If survivors bring decked out med kits and tool boxes should the killer just dc as well?

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I just run to the killer and suicide on hook

• FancyMrB

Its a mix of things and not always the killer's fault.

I have been in a few matches now that people DC as soon as they go down... or I was playing Trapper the other night and the first person trapped instantly DC.

There is really no good excuse to DC. It ruins the game for 4 other people.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    edited June 2021

I too rarely play Killer, it never happened to me while playing Killer.

But as a Survivor... I just keep playing as I would do if no one DC or gave up on first hook.

Edit: once, my three random teammates DC in the same time... The hatch spawned one meter away from me. So, I just took it. They DC because a Nurse camped one of the tow Feng. The second Feng was grabbed while trying to save and Meg DC right after the two Feng did. I was working on a generator. I think I had time to finish it before taking the hatch.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

If someone dc’s immediately I suicide on hook. I am not going to play a 1v3 @ 5 gens. I appreciate the killers that realize this and try to farm but I’d really rather they just kill me and get me into the next game.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

I just try to do what I can to not de pip after that happens

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It depends.

If I'm with one of my main swf teammates we'll still try to win because we still believe we can.

If I'm with my real life my who is a bit of a baby in chase we'll just mess around. Go for silly flashlights or something.

Solo q I'll continue on trying but mainly just to get points.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Me as Surv: "Son of a #########, well, I'll just try and do some good chases or a gen or two. Not impossible, but improbable"

Me as Kill: "I'll double hook them and whoever is last will get hatch" fyi I usually give last the hatch 70% of the time

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Nothing really I accept the fact we can't possibly win so I just do my best until end

• CaenumPlays_
    CaenumPlays_ Member Posts: 45

If they got them down quick early in the match and there’s Ruin present I normally just try and dip as the match is rarely winnable and becomes a boring hook farming simulator.

I’ll stick on a gen and run the killer as long as possible when found but when i’m hooked i’m leaving.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

My reaction: Ugh, another rage quitter/sore loser.

The killers sometimes go easier on us and/or farm, sometimes they don't. Very rarely do they BM us or anything like that - but then again, killers rarely BM in my experience.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

This just made my day.

Whenever I see that survivors are struggling, I tend to let up a bit. I do things like pretending that I'm not in range to attack, switching targets constantly, and stalking survivors as if I were playing Myers despite actually playing Slinger or PH or something.

Just last match there were two survivors left, both on death hook. One survivor had DCed around the start, I guess because Calm, Order, Distressing, and Unnerving Presence (all max tier) on Lery's is more oppressive than I thought. I wasn't even running any slowdown.

For the last two gens, all I did was make sure that they both stayed in Madness II. As soon as the last gen finished, I found and killed one of the remaining two, and then corralled the last one to the hatch.

Those types of matches are some of my favorite, and I'm glad to hear that at least one person appreciates mercy and doesn't T-bag when they get W handed to them by their opponent on purpose.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I facepalm.

• FancyMrB

That is so awesome ^^ As killer I feel its our duty to tone down the match when someone DC or we notice new players. There is no need to go full tilt and wipe survivors everytime.

And oh god no... as a 50/50 player I respect the heck out of killers hahahaha. If a killer is kind enough to go easy or give hatch I just want to hug them! If they are on the same system as me I send them a gg and thank you ^^

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I'd rather they die on hook so they take a hook out of the match but aside from that if players decide they want to DC/suicide they can. I stopped caring if people DC/suicide, there's so many performance issues and bugs on top of bad matchmaking that I can understand someone wanting to leave the match or even being forced out by the game crashing. There's also killers that just trigger some people - those with ptsd hearing Slinger's gunshot, Doctor's power giving players headaches, Plague vomit sounds getting to people with sensitive stomachs, etc. I can't blame someone for leaving a match against a killer that effects them in a negative way.

I just play normal and hope for the best. I take my queue from the killer, if they still want to go hard I'll keep trying but if they want to go easy/farm I'll do same. Anytime killer farms/goes easy I give them the kill at the end just so they get the extra points since they were nice enough to play in a way that the remaining survivors could get BP. Sometimes the killer is ridiculously nice by dropping me in a way that forces me out the exit even when I'm trying to stay for entity to kill me if they won't hook me. 😂

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

As survivor, I don't really care that much. Doesn't change my game play at all.

As Killer, I don't really care that much. Doesn't change my game play at all. If anything I am more likely to give hatch/door to the last player if they were good.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

It don’t bother me, there is reasons to why people dc or kill themself, it’s only a game I just die and move on to me next game no problem

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

I won't say you're wrong for just killing us off but it really annoys me when killers still sweat for 4k knowing they're at an advantage now when I'm killer and this happens I'll tone down the match chase them hit them leave until enough time has passed then I resume but still less tactful their is no reason to slug and camp or tunnel when someone dcs.

I understand sometimes you get the group that doesn't need you to play easy that is when it's ok to resume when the game still continues at a good pace but 1 DC with 5 gens left feels awful because you know you've lost.