Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do killer perks have so many drawbacks for little reward...

Hex ruin and pop goes the weasel are the most used because they have the highest effectiveness for regressing gens better. But the devs decide to nerf pop goes the weasel? Instead they could've buffed surge to have no cool down and instead of 8% make it 20% by any attack or how about the new perk the regression can be 30% and incapacitated for 20 seconds but it keeps the cool down.

These are just my ideas and don't have to be limited to gen perks but I don't understand pop doesn't have a cd yet other perks do and they're significantly worse with more setup or restrictions like basic attack only. there could be so much improvement and much more perks being used but it's mostly restricted to the same meta for anti gen for years like Come on devs...

Comments

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869
    edited June 2021

I've been saying from the moment Surge was revealed that it didn't need so many restrictions but uhhh this is a bit overkill lmao

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Frankly, no matter what they do to gen defense perks - they will always be top pick simply because that's the biggest source of stress killers have. Nerfing them to encourage u sing other things is a losing battle.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    edited June 2021

Surge need either no cooldown or make it work with any attack.

But 20% dmg on multiple gens? Thats game breaking stuff, no way that can work

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

make surge 20% without a cooldown and i dare you to get out of a 3-gen situation alive

all surge needs is reduced cooldown and the incapacitated effect similar to nemesis' perk. the 8% it decent enough.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Because, and let's be real, people would just stack them for some mega dumb slowdown.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

Just an idea I'm not thinking properly right now sorry I completely forgot that surge can damage multiple generators at once. Let's say surge can have no cooldown and triggers on any attack and it does 20% to the generator with highest progress but 50% less to other generators or something like that. I would imagine if gen perks were all strong if you equip more than one your perks will have diminishing returns or go down a tier something of the sort.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf

I corrected myself also if kicking generators was actually impactful and survivors would have to do example a 5 second action to fix the damage mabye kicking gens wouldn't be such a waste of time and usless but if that were a thing I would say there would be a 5th killer perk slot that can only have a perk related to gens or have 4 gen perks would be overkill. Lots of good ideas can be made but we all know devs priorities survivors qol first and treat killers like a second class citizen. Sometimes devs do good killer changes like wraith but rarely happens.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

And this is why i say the balancing devs are doing a pretty good job unironically.

20% gen damage in an aoe on every attack with no cooldown.

If this hit live it would be as bad as that one time pallets and flashlight saves didn't need to be timed. You would not get into matches anymore

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

BHVR doesn't want you to play killer. They said so in the Anniversary stream, they want killers to play Survivor. Ofcourse Killer perks need complicated restrictions, you don't want killer to be the power role do you?

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

An awesome buff for Surge would be allowing it to work when you down a survivor with any means. Give it a longer cooldown if they're worried about balance, but it would be really nice

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf

There doesn't need to be a cooldown a perk that requires actual skill to use shouldn't punish you for doing to well. Same thing for the new perk you have to kick multiple gens then down a survivor for a regression less than surge and a lousy incapacitated timer honestly should be 20-30 seconds and has a cooldown on top of it for what?

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
  • van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

Killers have perks that take entire game hostage and that shouldn’t be the case. Noed being an example.

killer mains like to compare that to ds which is a few second stun if you’re being tunneled. There is no comparison.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,367

NOED doesn't take the game hostage. You can cleanse the lit totem, you can open the exit, and if you are last person left you can find the hatch.