Survivors why won't you farm

Options

I'm just trying to chill as ghostface and farm a stupid amount of BP to get the build I want on nemesis. (Already 1m bp dry on any good perks.) I'm literally only running BBQ, y u no farm?

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

I mean.. it's pretty boring.

You'll probably have more luck when anniversary comes out, since everyone will be wanting to farm for bloodpoints then, including myself.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

Literally 2 new survivors and 1 new killer was just released, why would people not be farming now?

• BenihimeWrath
    Options

I don't even 2nd hook a survivor unless they indicate hooking by pointing at the hook.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Probably because everyone wants to learn how to play against/and as Nemesis instead..

..opposed to anniversary where cake offerings come out to give a huge bonus to bloodpoints.

Just my 2 cents man.

• oliviaa
    oliviaa Member Posts: 103
    Options

because we are here to escape not make killers feel better ab themselves because they lost the previous game...

just use BBQ and use a BP offering if u want BPs that bad

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I haven’t had issues farming as killer today! I was doing the same thing

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

The most success I've had farming so far was as Amanda. I crouched for the boop, the group trusted me, and we farmed pretty well for the next ten minutes. Not as much as I'd like (I didn't hook anyone, I felt that they'd think that I was betraying them so I just didn't even want to try) but still pretty good nonetheless.

The other time was as Wraith. I found someone near a generator, uncloaked, and just spun in a circle banging the gong until the survivor cautiously made his way back over. I backed away from the generator, nodded, and continued to bong. While HE got it, it was still a little difficult getting the other survivors to understand what I was trying to do. In the Pig situation one of the survivors at least ran in a circle around me and gestured for me to follow her, that kind of thing, so others watching knew that I wasn't going to do any harm.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    Options

Survivors are usually DTF (down to farm) with me if i wipe the floor with them and leave 2-3 alive with 3-5 gens left and theyre all on death hook.

Try going in hard and aggressive and then putting the brakes on.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,794
    Options

I'll farm once a day at most anymore I just wanna move on

• miketheratguy
    Options

That's reasonable but some people actually just want to farm for the points, not the pride. I generally don't like playing as killer (I have anxiety doing so, I'm not very good at it so that just leads me in an anxiety circle) so when I have to, like at night when that's the only way to get a game going, I like to just mess around for points and otherwise let the survivors go free. I don't care if I win, I just want to make some progress and get some decent BP for my time. The survivors seem to like it too, they run around and dance and drop their items and generally suggest that they like the opportunity to have a relaxing and easy game.

• BenihimeWrath
    Options

I haven't lost any games tonight. As soon as survivors don't want to farm I just kill them and move on, which is a lot fewer points for everyone and they lose their items. Even though I'm actively making it clear I want to farm by standing in pallets for stuns, letting them blind me, stuff I know people are farming for their rift challenges, etc etc. I don't need a patronizing survivor to 'make me feel better', thanks though.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I don't farm because I don't learn anything by farming. Only way to get better is to play for real.

I don't mind a few extra points at the end of the match though. But until those gates are open, I'm running wide open

• bowo
    bowo Member Posts: 121
    Options

because it's incredibly boring. just play matches normally - most killers will nearly max out all categories unless you get absolutely stomped

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

You are killer, you don't really need to farm. Any normal game will bring you 25-32k bp.

If they want a normal game, give them normal game. It's kind of rude to force them farm.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Because it's boring as #########.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214
    Options

because people want to play the game. Some survivors do actually play survivor because they like the gameplay

• Sunri
    Sunri Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2021
    Options

Its boring farming people should get banned for wasting people time same with afk players

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Because it's boring, takes way too long for no real point gain if you consistently have good games, and I don't want to do it. You can easily get 20-30k in 8-10 minutes just by playing normally. Or you can get 32k in 15 minutes while you kick every pallet on the map. It's not even efficient.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

It is very boring and takes too long.

I don't mind it if there are multiple cakes or double BP event + BBQ included, but normal games are not worth the time they last farming just for those 50-60k even with BBQ

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I love farming! Esp when a new chapter is released. But as others have said, too many killers have turned and betrayed me to not be cautious...

What does annoy me is when survivors wait at the gate but won't even let you kit them with a ranged attack (hatchet or puke). I can't kill you at this stage. You're actually losing out on protection hits and healing (Scourge the Purge broke me. Managed to hit 2 survivors with one empowered puke. Finished match to realise I needed to do it twice...).

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Because it isn't fun. You should be banned for farming honestly

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222
    edited June 2021
    Options

It’s boring. I just wanna play the game. Same for when survivors wanna farm with me as killer. Go gen rush me or something anything but boring farming.

• miketheratguy
    Options

I've only done it a few times and the players I did it with had a blast. I've also been in a couple of matches as survivor when the killer decided to farm and he helped us all earn something like 50 or 60 thousand BP because of the offering he brought. We loved it, we were all running around with him taking turns doing gens, trading hooks and heals, smacking him with pallets, etc. It was refreshing and rewarding, something different. Everyone had fun. I don't see why someone would jump to the conclusion that doing this should be bannable. If someone is clearly not trying to join in, no one can force them to do so. I mean if the killer wants to be friendly it's not as he can do anything to stop the survivor from completing their objectives and escaping like normal.

I'm not saying that everyone should just drop what they're doing and join the farming whenever a killer seems like they're going for it, that's totally up to the individual player to decide. They should play the game however they like. If the occasional killer happens to make that easier for them it's hardly the end of the world. The amount of anger regarding this subject kind of surprises me. I mean I can't see myself loading into a match and being outraged and wanting to put my fist through the monitor because a Pig wants to boop the snoot or a Spirit hits me and then runs away to let me heal.

• FeminineSlime
    FeminineSlime Member Posts: 90
    Options

I enjoy farming but yeah since getting out of low ranks I feel like killers only ever fake farming only to kill us all and just BM the whole time. Wish it wasn't like that. Farming is fun once in a while amidst all the tougher matches.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

I don't mind farming points, as long as its not match after match, when it's just basic earning points I'm not really interested. But double bps or cakes, I'm will accept the offer to farm from killer 🤣.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

I won’t turn down a chance to be silly, but that’s just me.

With that being said: Some people don’t like farming and that’s okay, even the devs are against it. Not saying you’re doing this, but don’t force people to farm with you, that’s a way to get banned. You also have to make sure everyone’s in on the farming as well.

Anyways. I’m sure once the anniversary comes around, people are gonna be farming like crazy.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

I won't farm, I'm there to play the game not just simulate pallet stuns etc.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

I only really farm as killer if there is 2 DCs or people who kill themselves on first hook - as it seems unfair to continue a regular match at that point.

Every now and then I will get a killer stop in my stream when I play survivor before hand and ask me to help with their challenge - which I oblige generally.

• Jaffycake
    Jaffycake Member Posts: 56
    Options

because you're holding the game hostage and not playing properly. You should be banned for it imo. Either play the game or don't.

• Gunshow
    Gunshow Member Posts: 6
    Options

Any farming killer I've come across I just sit on gens and leave, as as a lot of others have already stated, farming is boring AF and I'd sooner just move on so I can actually join a game with someone that actually wants to play and not screw around for memes/BP

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

If you're on console then message them immediately so they can still skip the lobby if they don't want to.

On pc I have no idea how to let them know.

But farming is braindead boring af.

I always skip those lobbies when the killer message me to farm.

If they sent a message and immediately start the match so I can't leave then, we'll good luck cause I'm gonna slam those gens as fast as possible and get out.

And big change the other 3 survivors will do the exact same.

Just play the game normally and you'll get the perks you want.

• BenihimeWrath
    Options

Okay, having read this, I've come to the conclusion that survivors just want a sweatmaster-5000 to play against instead of someone trying to be chill and have fun. Thanks for the feedback guys.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

I don't think it's about being chill, you can definitely have fun & chilled games without farming. It's about actually playing the game - farming is not playing the game.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

'people just want to play the game and have fun' where's that quote when people get frustrated about slugging, tunneling and camping?

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I’m curious, in what way do you think farming is fun?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

You're taking what everyone is saying and completely hyperboling it and blowing it out of proportion just because you're not getting the answer you want but you know what...

Yeah, if my options are to waste 20 minutes of my life with boring farming gameplay or play 10 minutes against a sweatlord tryhard killer doing all they can to win, I'd 1000% take the sweatlord tryhard over farming

There, now you have someone agreeing with you.

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

Me personally…

Farming is really, really boring. I’ve never enjoyed it in any game I’ve ever played. As long as I get enough points to safety pip, I’m out.

• Lumionesty
    Lumionesty Member Posts: 98
    Options

I typically get the same amount of points out of playing the game normally with BBQ as I do farming. Furthermore when I play the game normally I actually have a fun experience meanwhile farming is legit the most boring thing you could do and I fail to see how you consider it to be "chill and fun."

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

People will play how they want.

And if they can't do that (having a regular-gameplay Killer), then they'll at least avoid playing how they don't want to.

Also, from their perspective, there's the potential of you trying to trick them.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Typical entitled survivor mains demanding the killer try and kill them. Your obsession with mindless violence is ruining this game.