300K isnt nearly enough.

Options

How can 300k be enough to cover the annoyance of not being able to play the new map? Not to mention the FPS and Lag spikes throughout each match. You guys didn't even throw us a double BP event. Come on guys Throw us a fricken bone here!!!

Comments

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268
    Options

It's actually startling how aggresive someone can be towards someone having a harmless different opinion to theirs.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

It's more noticeable on console. But people on pc are talking about frame drops aswell

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options
  • LilCrapper
    LilCrapper Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2021
    Options

It holds a value. Its called in-game progression. If i was the lead Dev in this game, You wouldnt get squat!!! Why give you free stuff, when you can play the game longer??? More time for players to get what they want, means more time the game is alive, which means more time being a cash cow. Economics

Its CLEAR that BloodPoints hold value, otherwise OP would never had come here to complain like a toddler. OR the person i replied to below.......

Cry more about FREE stuff. Cry LOUDER, and see where it gets you........ The more you whine about FREE stuff, the less likely you will continue to receive FREE stuff

The game is literally FIVE YEARS OLD!!!! and you are crying about FREE stuff and expansions..... ALMOST every developer and publisher out there WILL NOT continue development and progression of a game past one year, TWO if its really successful

EDIT: count your blessing... The game is still alive, and still expanding. You are doing nothing to help the game by making childish complaints

TL;DR cry more receive less

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177
    Options

Jesus ... you seem incredibly upset about my comment.

Good thing you're not the lead Dev I suppose since you didn't even really understand what I was saying.

First of all I never cried about the 300k, nor did I complain about it. I was pretty happy about them actually since Nemesis just released and the 1M BP I saved up only gave me crap Perks in the Bloodweb, so those 300k were really useful. At least I ended up with 1 gen regression Perk...wohoo.

I merely stated that BP don't have any real value for the Devs per se which still is true. Devs can give you as much BP as they'd like without loosing anything of real value if it's within a reasonable margin ofc but I didn't think I had to specify that further in order to not go people completely bonkers over this statement.

It's a given that it'd hurt the game if the Devs would just gift everyone 9999999999999999999BP so everybody has everything unlocked instantly. But we're speaking about 300k here. If you really push your limits that's even less than you can get from 3 games as a Killer, so again - Devs don't lose anything here.

For you, as a player, BP ofc do have value but I haven't been talking about that.

Also the Devs have complete control over the value BP can hold for their customers. They can inflate and deflate this arbitrary currency as they see fit at any given point. They could theoretically even completely revamp the whole system within the next month if they wanted to. As the game keeps progressing this currency inflates more and more because more Perks, Killers, Survivors and items get released thus requiring new players to grind even longer. Look at the amount of BP you have to collect to unlock absolutely everything in this game nowadays and the rate at which new DLCs get released. I'm pretty certain that I, as a causal player, will probably never reach the point of having everything the game has to offer unlocked before the game dies off at some point and I'm not even talking about P3 on everybody.

Furthermore what you're saying is highly debatable. Most companies keep developing their multiplayer games if they're successful enough and make them enough profit (... "simple Economics" I suppose?) -> LoL, DotA2, CS:GO, WoW (and other MMORPGs), SC2 until recently, HotS until recently (both of them being well over 5 years old), Fortnite also gets old. Some more extrem examples would be FiFa, CoD and the like which not only keep developing the game but sell a yearly update at full prize to milk their customers even more.

While we're at it - yes, the game is 5 years old. You know what else pretty much every multiplayer game in existence that is not older than 15 years has on initial release or at least implemented within the first few patch cycles? Proper Matchmaking with MMR. Still in development after 5 years. I mean... just some food for thought. Are we allowed to complain about that?

And lastly looking at the phrasing of your comment it's really hypocritical to call OP out for making "childish complaints like a toddler". His complaint was more reasonably phrased than your comment.

I mean in the end I kind of agree with you. Complaining about free 300k BP just because you can't play the new map immediately is questionable at best. The devs withdrew the new map for a good reason, it was breaking the game and I'll gladly play a working game without the new map over a broken game with the new map but holy cow you need to chill out a bit.

• LilCrapper
    Options

TLDR past you must be really upset

thanks for the story, must have taken a long time to write. Go back, read my previous comment

• Schardon
    Options

Another reasonable response from you I see. I guess I'll just stop communicating with you as I actually really expected precisely this response.

• LilCrapper
    Options

thanks!!!! Im really upset about parting ways with you.... Next time, stop. Think. AM I READING THIS OUT OF CONTEXT?

• Schardon
    Options

Keep going, you already lost your high ground. I'm having a good laugh right now.

• LilCrapper
    Options

and he is still here. talking with me. after saying he wouldnt. Hi again stranger. No i will not give you my personal information

• Schardon
    Options

Just decided to go for one more post before having to drive since this is quite entertaining. I'll leave you now, I swear.

Oh and just in case you need it because the last sentence contained more than 5 words:

TLDR: Bye :)

• LilCrapper
    Options

words. of the last origins. These are the eons; which dictate, the progression of our journey, through the cosmos of life.

LilCrapper 6/17/2021

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

Its more than zero. Which is what we got when something like this happened before.

Idk how a double bp event would help when players are having issues. That would be adding insult to injury.

• DropdeadPiggy
    DropdeadPiggy Member Posts: 155
    Options

A level of Stockholm syndrome you've never seen before

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Halloween "event" last year people complained about how terrible it was so the "fixed" it, gave out bp AND iridescent shards, and put last year's Halloween outfits at discounted shard price - Felix's that was auric cells only was also included in shard price for that time. They could definitely do more than just 300k BP.

• LilCrapper
    edited June 2021
    Options

This, is what I think you look like, about your position on this

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Okay, still doesn't change my point.

Though I will say.. I do want an icecream now. Damn you!

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452
    Options

You should. He's obviously trolling. Don't feed the troll.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226
    Options

I wouldn't mind incremental gifts for each day it is still disabled. But, don't complain that 300K isn't enough when RCPD is disabled and it's the only part of the new chapter that is available for everyone whether or not they decide to buy the DLC.

• LilCrapper
    Options

Nice addition to the conversation as a whole. Well done! Here is an award for participating

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
    Options

Thank you to the Toxic people who replied so negatively. This was a test to resolve a debate with a friend about how terrible some people can be based on a differing opinion. : - )

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

This post went to crap fast!!! WHERE ARE THE MODSSS!!!!! This legit went so hard off topic so quickly.

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

I would also like to point out that 300k really isnt enough

• Schardon
    Options

I'm pretty certain too but you can't be too sure about that on the internet. There are people who are that dense.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267
    Options

300k are barely 15 levels in the Bloodweb. There should be some other kind of compensation for the lag spikes, nemesis fps drops, invivsible pallets/walls and clown bottles being useless.

Playing killer on console is really painful atm.