Is trickster worth learning

Console player here. I have a trope for learning people when everyone calls them bad and forgotten. And I kinda wanna learn trickster(mainly cuz that new outfit looks nice). But I was wondering if he is worth it. Ik he's bad for the most part but if I put the time into it will it worth anything.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

If you enjoy playing him go for it. Just because he’s weak doesn’t mean you can’t win consistently with him

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

Trickster is only a decent threat in maps where the survivors have little to no cover. On most maps and against good solos or even below-average SWF you are likely to have a really hard time with him.

Honestly you would be better off with almost any other killer in terms of the effort required for the same result. Still if you find playing him fun, that is the main thing.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

honestly simply playing him for the gimmick and fun purposes is good trying to win with him is going to give me a brain aneurysm

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

From someone who has been playing trickster almost exclusive since his release, not really that worth to learning as he is very map dependant, main event does more damage to you than using knives except if you are kinda camping.

Other than that he is a lot of fun to play as, don't use him if you hate losing because that will happen a lot.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,581

Only if you really like the character.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Wait until the next mid chapter if trickster dont receive any buff i will say to you no. Dont forget you play on console so the aim is garbage so you have that to worry about

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

I don't wanna be that guy but alot of this was just bad play on the survivor part. You chased someone for just over 2 minutes and not a single gen was poped by the time u hooked them. Ik ruins In play but still the survivors messed up ALOT.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

No. He's one of the weakest killers. After I got his Adept I dropped him like a bad habit. Starstruck is a good perk however.

Makes me laugh at how over the top all the screaming lunatics were when he was revealed: wanting to be 'stood on' by the killer...cosplaying as the killer...doing disturbing 'art' of the killer.

All very...oh what's the word?...ah yes...tiresome.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Nope. Literally the worst killer in the game even after his "buffs".

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I am on console too and he still has ridiculous recoil and imo has to have certain add-ons to be viable but regardless of perks and add-ons he is still fun as hell. I know it can be hard to have fun when you feel under manned at high rank but somehow Trickster and nemesis give me that feeling of fun regardless of outcome. Put some real time into him before you judge he takes some strat knowing when to spam, throw, or Basic atk. Still wish they would do something with main event I have terrible luck with it I never get value out of it.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

I have a hell of a time aiming with ranged killers on console. DbD only having the one controller setting isn't enough. Having 60 blades as Trickster makes him easier for me to hit survivors with than Huntress, but having to hit the survivor 8 times to do damage is a problem because even with sensitivity at max I can't keep up with their movements.

I can have fun running around as him doing nothing but throwing knives, but using him to try to play a killer who actually kills isn't worth it, in my opinion. Memeing, sure; playing for real, nope.

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

No uts defenetly a good example of a match gone right(for killer) but I wouldn't have expectations of every match going like this with trickster

• chargernick85

I played huntress all the way to P3 early in my killer career and have her as my #3 killer. I then jumped to all the others to get them to P3 so it's been awhile since I used her and got a daily about 2 weeks ago and oh was I god awful. My hatchets kept catching/colliding with obstacles below that were barely in my vision. Was a very frustrating time, she is def someone you got to stay up on you can't just stop for months apparently so now I got to practice again and I guess Bubba is my 3rd best 😏 hehe. With the lag spikes currently going on its not fun using him on lery's right now trust me found that out last night too.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Trickster is a pretty horrid killer. Relatively weak, tends to struggle on several of the maps, and gets the worst bonus ability (Main Event) of any killer in the game. He's also kinda like Ghost Face in that he gets a handful of useful add-ons and a bunch that are mostly junk.

All that said, he is pretty fun to mess around with. Probably not a killer that you want to "main" due to his issues (just pulling out knives sometimes causes stuttering on console), but he's entertaining enough for mixing things up in-between playing other killers you like.

If you do pick him up though, I'd highly recommend throwing Iron Maiden into your builds. Trickster feels much more enjoyable with the sped-up reload thanks to that perk.

• chargernick85

Yes and with the influx of Leon's Iron maiden goes off quite a bit at the current time. I'm getting 1-3 downs a game off IM alone but that was with my ONI. His perks at the current time are just terrible IM should not be in his build but was a great surprise to see how much it procs thanks to Leon.

• zeplore
    zeplore Member Posts: 95

I love the people advocating for this dog water killer when they spam Ruin/Undying/Pop/Corrupt or some variant of those 3 /w BBQ and call him "good" yall are hilarious any trash killer is good /w 4 crutch perks. To answer your question he is absolutely and definitively the worst killer in the game in current state. Playing him and wining with him or getting "4k streaks" like these other streamers do /w the best and most boring perks in the game is zzzzzz

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

My main build with him is BBQ/Iron Maiden/Blood Warden/Monitor and I still do fine with him at Rank 1. Add ons vary but some times I play without them

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited June 2021

his addon set is nothing like GF's. GF's addon set is god awful, trickster's is actually pretty damn good. he's got a handful of bads and that's it.

the only problem is, a lot of the effects are really nice, they're just outclassed by the USB stick. but that doesn't make his addon set bad by any means.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I normally dislike the "well the survivors were just bad" but my god what were they doing in that first match? I don't think it was exactly necessary to camp the Felix there either...

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I really wouldn't try to learn Trickster if you're on console.

The aiming is so damn awkward because of the lack of proper controller settings.Learning killers like Deathslinger or Huntress is waaaaaaaaaay less frustrating and much more worth it.

It's up to you though if you still want to learn and play him

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah I doubt they were making a glorious comeback either way

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Eh. He's not good, but can do ALRIGHT if you have a tight build and don't mind his inability to break a chase or change targets on the fly.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

No.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

In his current state, unless you find him super fun, I'd say no.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited June 2021

What does Trickster have more than Deathslinger?

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

Seems pretty easy. Like a huntress but with 60 blades who rapid fires. He’s almost impossible to dodge on a lot of maps as well. Give it a shot.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

Only if you wish to learn a whole new definition of Suffering.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Expect to lose majority of your games if you are in red ranks. And you really need to hope that survivors don't know how to loop high wall tiles. Or that you get bad horrible maps. Since he is the most map dependent killer in this game.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

I've decided after reading all the posts to at least give it a shot. While I may regret it in the end, I will at least enjoy trying. I just have to expect not to win😅. Maybe I might prove ppl wrong with enough practice like when ppl say Twins is only good 4 camping. Wish me luck!