Please disable Clown!

His bottles just don't work. Just had a sad match against one. Hit me with the bottle seversl times. It did absolutely nothing besides make my character scream.

The clown a rank 20 with only frosted eyes. He lost hard and only got 1 hook. New players don't read the forums or the subreddit. It could disillusion them from killer,clown, or DbD all together.

Trust me Clowny Boi is my favorite killer to play as and against. But this isn't right to leave him this messed up.

Comments

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

You know, I was just thinking that I wanted to play Clown in honor of that sociopath on the PTB.

Guess that's never gonna happen.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

jeez, just confirmed this. How do they do it

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

The whole chapter update is such a mess. How does this even happen when Clown got no changes?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I've noticed that when on the very edge of the cloud you'll scream but not slow. Same with Plagues vomit soometimes making you scream but not proccing sickness.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I wonder if only the Tonic doesn't work, while the Antidote does. That would be ######### hilarious. Clown would effectively have a power that could only benefit survivors.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited June 2021

Best bet is that its got something to do with the really weird 0.25 seconds of Hindered that Nemesis inflict on infection hits. Its so short it doesn't do anything noticeable. They may have changed something about the status effect that also affect Clown, since his Afterpiece Tonic also inflict Hindered.

• 707Melchior
    707Melchior Member Posts: 6

As someone who plays clown since I am one and choose to be one in every game possible- he hurts me as a killer. I've found some aide in tutorials and various tips from practicing with friends, I hate that he's literally impossible against most other teams. I'm lucky with one hook. I really think that they could do so much more with him if they buffed him slightly, but something tells me he'll be forgotten. I am a new player and I know there are many better killers, but knowing just how bugged and broken he is breaks my heart. Best of luck in future games with him