Is nemesis op?

HuDawg
HuDawg Member Posts: 312

Title

Comments

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    edited June 2021

The only match I’ve played against a nemesis so far had him trying to stand in the middle of an open exit gate to block me. He walked forward, was immediately pallet stunned, and when he went back to standing in the gate, I just walked around him and walked out. Didn’t even try to swing at me. If they’re all like that, even my mediocre ass will be fine.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

is more like a high c tier honestly, all he does, PH can do it better.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

PH is better than him.

Add-on reliant.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

Could you say underpower?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I feel like he is at least way better to control than PH on controller. I had plenty of fun and actually hit survivors outside of locked animations :)

so for me personally he seems pretty strong as he fits my playstyle pretty good.

but I am not really looking at it from a pro point of view..

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048

i know he has an "infection" mechanic, but it really plays nothing like plague's. i'd say he's just the brother of PH, but I don't think he's directly worse imo.

• mad_hatter
    mad_hatter Member Posts: 121

Yeah, I'm not liking him at all...

The tentacle attack is hard to land. Even when you do get the infection up, it's pointless. The zombies are useless; the number of times I've had to help them get unstuck from behind a tree is just ridiculous.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,711

Absolutely not. He's strong sure, but his abilities really pale in comparison to the killers that actually are OP. Even as far as ranged abilities go, its not the strongest. I hesitate to ever call a ranged ability weak, but Nemesis has the weakest ranged ability. Sure it can hit over loops well enough, but it's range is very limited and it's hitbox is very narrow. On top of this, I don't think it's made incredibly clear, visually, how long the range actually is. Despite these shortcomings, Nemesis definitely isnt weak, just by the fact that he's a 115% killer with a ranged ability, even if it is a short range. But he also isn't OP by any means.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

I do better with his M1 than his "power" which is kinda silly. The hitbox is just too unreliable. It seems worse than in the PTB.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2021

Nemesis? no. Zombies...? YES! They're always where you don't expect, have no TR warning, and can completely shut down a good loop, hook rescue, healing attempt, or tight corridors/doorways/basement stairs. If they couldn't be killed with pallets and blinded with flashlights they'd be unstoppable. As they are right now, I'm highly tempted to just uninstall DbD because of those OP as hell Zombies! /s

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited June 2021

His tentacle is insanely easy to avoid, and if he focuses on trying to infect you you can loop him for ages very easily. I am notoriously bad at loops and I can run all the Nemesis I've faced a ton. Once you do get hit you get a speed boost for taking no damage. It's crazy.

I dunno, his power is too slow for the range and what little it does on first hit.

Zombies are trash and, for some reason, were nerfed from the ptb.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

He's going to be the second killer in a row I adept with just the m1. At least this one is 4.6 m/s.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

No.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

He's strong, but certainly not op. He has counterplay in chases and his map pressure is only decent.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Nemesis is a fair killer so we all know what this mean the killer is underpower

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

This killer is not even close to middling.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Nope, he’s honestly pretty balanced.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

IMO, if you find him OP, you just aren't a good runner (or you haven't practiced versus him a lot). And from what I've seen in the 3 hours of matches (all of them being vs Nemesis), this tends to be the case. People just don't know how to deal with him.

I played a ton of PTR even when most people went back to live. And although I have died to him, he is def not OP. Just today I've ran numerous Nemesis's for 3+ minutes and even 1 streamer playing him commended me for it.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I think he is a fair and balance killer. He can be real good, but he can be somewhat easy to counter in 3 stage of his tentacles. He is a slow paced killer if I'm being honest, relatively weak at the beginning but gains strength in his second phase.

• Why shouldn't I just play PH who has the same attack but doesn't need to use it 3 times...also cages are 10 times more useful than those stupid good for nothing TWO zombies...

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Yep my opinion about him at least with his 3 perks.. a bit dissapointing. And the tentacle attack behaves really weird, its not accurate its bugged and you can move left or right after doing the attack to correct if you miss and hit sometimes..

• UniSans
    UniSans Member Posts: 111

After playing him for about 5 hours this is my analysis.

His power takes way to much to injure a survivor often making it useless. Three hits is way to much for it as well as a very small hitbox that is worse to go over may tiles and obstacles. If the initial infection didn't give a speedboost this would be a good compensation to fix a lot of this. Or make it so when a survivor is hit with the first hit they take a healthstate and get infected.

If they are going to keep the small hitbox and the way it is, increase the range by 1 more meter and make tier 3 way better. Tier 3 should be a reward to get your power not a chore for a non noticeable buff. Maybe even make it that in tier 3 the miss cooldown or recovery from a hit is shorter or give him more range.

The tentacle I feel should be able to hit more than 1 survivor if they are within that blue line or range, so if you find people healing infront of you, you can hit them both if luck provides.

His map pressure is kinda meh, his Zombies either do a lot or abosultely nothing and don't agro against a survivor next to them.

He needs a buff otherwise he is pretty week unless in a small map or indoor map.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

No, not even a little bit. He needs some buffs.

• urabird_imabird
    urabird_imabird Member Posts: 1

I believe that Nemesis has a little bit too much power. Maybe it's just my game just wigging out or maybe it's still super buggy. However, every time I have played with against him, it seems like he is a little to much. I've played against people that only had one Level 1 perk and it seemed like they would know my exact location from clear across the map. As someone who genuinely plays this game because it is awesome (and almost everyday), I feel as though they need to bring it back a notch with Nemesis. He's fast and has too much range on top of the power he has. To be fair, I haven't play as him but from the survivor stand point I feel like he's still really buggy. And the frame rate drops when I play against him are crazy. Anytime he does anything, even if it's across the map, my FPS drops to nothing which is incredibly frustrating when you are in chase or across the map repairing gens and I don't have this problem with any other killer. That being said I do think they are doing great with everything in the chapter.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited June 2021

No, far from OP, but far from weak too. He could use some buffs, specifically a buff to his base kit mutation rate and the detection add on that should be base kit. Other buffs like survivors not getting a speed boost when hit and he becomes a pretty strong one.

If no one has played around with the detection add ons, do so. I got much more value on gen pressure with my zombies, and it was noticeable too.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

They only camp and tunnel I’ve noticed. Like a bubba in a new skin.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

It just depends on the players skill,any killer becomes viable,but a tailored nerf will hurt any killer

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    edited June 2021

No i'd say he's a weaker PH not sure exactly where he is on my Tier list or the overall community's tier list but i'd say somewhere in the high B tier to bottom of A tier

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

No he's not OP and fun fact, his power is literally broken, as in it's not working like it should. At least I hope that it's broken because if this was done intentionally then why purposefully make a part of his powers literally useless and countered with gameplay mechanics that we literally have no control over?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

He's OP by default but how much he is OP is a question? Wait until his powers are mastered and he will likely shine brightly. Also, most don't have meta perks for him yet.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

Sluzzy, shhh. He's really not OP and he has a part of his power that literally isn't working at all right now.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Nah he is just barely pushing the needle the other way, right now he is underpowered

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

If something isn't working for the killer, I'm sure a hotfix is coming very soon.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

He can use some improvements.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Yeah, he has the same issue as Huntress terribly inconsistent hitboxes.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

If he's OP, then how strong is PH to you?

• 707Melchior
    707Melchior Member Posts: 6

As someone who is new to the game and faced him a lot- this gives me hope. I currently hate him since I have no clue what to do and I'm not sure how to utilize strengths against him since I'm strong in no field lol. This gives me hope. thank you