I had full control of 3 gens so they decided to hide for 15min. until I found them

Options

I was playing HillBilly in Coldwind Farm which is a very open map and I could traverse very easily between the 3 gens. All 3 were hiding clumped up in the killer shack. They didn't even heal 1 of their injured survivor; just incase I had Nurse's Calling or something similar.

Understandable there was no way for them to do gens. The 3 gens were in close proximity with each other, but to be honest with the perks I was running (tinkerer, bbq chilli, iron grasp, Spies from the Shadows) I don't think the distance of the gens would have mattered too much.

Survivors are obligated to do the gens; killers are not obligated to search out and kill the survivors. They should have just taken the loss and move on instead of taking the game hostage. If I weren't able to locate them then I would have recorded this on OBS.

Sorry I just had to vent.

Comments

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I was playing as Blight on Midwhich. Had everyone dead but 2 survivors with 4 gens left and both decided to hide for about 20 minutes. I only found one because they FINALLY started to do a gen together and I hooked her and BBQ showed her slowing getting into a locker. Told me I wasted their time so they wasted mine. Just doing my job but we sometimes have those games.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

The thing is those survivor are dumb because if 2 of them work on different gen eventually they will beat the 3 gen. Its not like you can pressure 2 gen at the same time

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348
    Options

Start up OBS and record the whole thing. Post it on a dummy youtube account and put in a support ticket

I can't post a direct link from DBD website; only their main support page. click on "How do I submit a support ticket?".

on the left pane, click on "What should and should not be reported?". then click on THIS PAGE.

An In-game report MUST be made.

• Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.

Temporary bans

GRIEFING: INTENTIONAL GAMEPLAY ABUSE

• Holding the game hostage

If its a steam user and you click on show profile at the end of match scoreboard, OBS cannot pick up the steam overlay. So use a program called Greenshot to take a printscreen of the game with the steam overlay; regular prntsrn will not show.

Start Greenshot, press Ctrl-Prtsrn, save as (displaying dialog)

Probably too much effort for most people, but here's how to do it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,190
    Options

It doesnt matter. Depends on Killer, if they dont want Gen to be done, just injure Gen1 survivor then go for Gen2 to injure another in hope a survivor make a mistake for a quick down

There were a few times when 4 Survivors 3Gen themselves, of course I didnt want the last Gen to be done, I just keep injured survivors and keep them at bay. Because if I was focus chase on a survivor who lead me away from 3 Gen, the other guys can finish a Gen in 30sec.

Same to the Doc in the Game had 3 Gen control, it took half an hour for us to finish the last Gen because he only injured us and not chase focus.

Survivors is not dumb to do Gen injured so you can have a free down.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,690
    Options

I'd really like an update to roll out that gives every survivor killer instinct, locker-persistent aura reveal, or stage 3 crows if nobody has lost a health state or worked on a gen for 10 consecutive seconds within the past 10? minutes. The reveal shuts off universally once the killer damages someone, or individually if the survivor goes to a generator and works on it for a certain amount of time. Subsequent reveal events then take less time to trigger. Have it be forgiving enough that it won't be tripped when people are making any effort to complete objectives or anything whatsoever is happening in the match, but expose survivors who are trying to stall out the killer into disconnecting out of boredom.

(Though I also agree that even though the survivors here were holding the game hostage by making no attempt to complete their objectives anymore, and that's both douchey and report-worthy, saying the killer has no obligation to find them is... a bit disingenuous.)

They'd probably lose unless the chased survivor could loop the Billy for most of the duration of a gen, and Billy in turn was dumb enough to keep chasing the distraction and not return to check on his 3-gen once significant time had elapsed. A 3-gen against 3 players is very difficult because the killer can keep the survivors in a cycle of one survivor being chased, one survivor needing rescue, and one survivor switching between gens and saves, while the area around the 3-gen dries up almost immediately, where a 3-gen against 4 survivors is pretty much always going to end in the survivors' favor because they can just win through attrition and there's always at least one person free to do gens. Killers in that position have way less ability to commit to chases.

Still no excuse to hide and give up at the same time, though. At least when two people are locker hopping around areas of no interest, they're doing it with the hope that the other person dies first and they can get hatch. Still obscenely annoying and shouldn't be allowed, but I can see the intent behind it. When you have a team that just parks themselves in the basement together, they're universally agreeing to waste time for the hell of it. "I want to make the killer quit" is not a valid outcome or justification.

• xOMNISCIENTx
    xOMNISCIENTx Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hate these types of "immersed" games. After 10 min mark it's a long game and I just want out, especially if its a 3 gen

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

yeah I guess hiding is now a bannable offense.

omg the claudette is hiding she must be taking the game hostage ima report her now

• PsychoTron
    Options

I'll be honest I think that's similar to how I played it. My game: 3 survivors left; 3 gens. If I found a survivor I would make an attempt to insta-down him with my chainsaw. I'm not good yet looping as a survivor or playing a killer and juking them into a misplay, so I'd just ignore them and see how the other 2 gens are doing.

Ill probably have to rethink how I play it going forward when something like this happens again. If it prolongs, I think Ill just chase the survivor and if they get the gen down, they get it down.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Yesterday I got down to two survivors with 4 gens left, David was on last hook and Ace had disappeared completely. I had not got my stack of bbq from Ace so decided to let David work on gens whilst I looked. The only gen being worked on was the ones David was doing, Ace still completely m.i.a. Killed David at last gen near hatch, killed a zombie for undetectable and sure enough Ace ran to hatch so he had been just waiting for David to die to get hatch escape. I shut it and got my bbq stack.

Tldr there are some very selfish survivors in some games.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Were they trying to plunder a key?

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

So patrolling the area that they're supposed to be sneaking into and doing gens in, which by the way is an area the survivors rushed themselves into (I never plan to 3 gen at the beginning of a game. I simply take what is given to me by the majority of rush teams), I'm just as guilty as the people actually not playing the game?

I can follow you somewhat on this, but at one point, one of the sides has to take the risk and it's that situation that falls onto the survivors because it's their fault they're in that situation to begin with. If the last 3 gens are well spread out, that's on the killer for spending too long in a chase or a certain area and allowing the survivors to fan out and get gens done. Killer is taking all the risk there, just as survivors have to take the risk in a tight 3 gen situation.

I just don't agree with chastising someone who is defending well, which completely overshadows the survivors' poor game management and unwillingness to even try to move forward. I just don't agree with this line of thinking.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

From what I've read from a mod in a similar post; delaying a game to not progress at all for longer than 10-15 minutes is "holding the game hostage." But in that post the Killer was too blame because the Survivors said the Killer was protecting his 3 gen so well it was "impossible" to do one and escape.

I don't think it should count as such but thats what was stated before but im sure its case by case.

Sorry to hear that happened, I hope you got some good bloodpoints from chainsawing sprinting around the map for a while.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,389
    edited June 2021
    Options

Its been confirmed numerous times if the survivors are just hiding and refusing to advance the gamestate (nomatter the situation) they are holding the game hostage. The killers employing a strategy which is allowed. Waiting for a hour in a corner isnt a strategy just delaying the gamestate for so long. The survivors job is to do gens to advance the game and they are refusing to do it. Ive even had games where i left my 3gen for a minute to search and came back and no progress was done.

• DraconDirnc
    DraconDirnc Member Posts: 121
    Options

I had this same thing happen with Nemesis on Dead Dog. A claudette and feng both camping in the grass near hatch for over 20 mins. I finally downed feng and hooked her near hatch and claudette died to end game collapse. Was really wierd but I just chalked it up to new players.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited June 2021
    Options

Apparently nobody is allowed to have any humour anymore.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

How awful! So you took advantage of the 3 gen strat, with a high mobility killer, and those entitled survivors decided to hide and not cater to your definition of fun? Sounds just terrible. I hope you recover soon.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Options
  • BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    Options
  • Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Only 15? i had a swf do this to me for 40 minutes on pale rose last week. They never get punished for it either.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

shouldve seen their first comment before the mods got to it lol

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145
    Options

Part of the issue for me is the jungle gym with two long walls and two windows. Either they need to shave off an inch of the walls or I need to figure out how to counter the loops on it cause I literally had a bubba game where I 3 genned with 2 survivors left and they just ran me around the same tile for a full ten minutes. Thankfully the tile was away from the 3 gens so whenever either of them tried to go work on a gen I'd chase them, but then they'd just run back to the same safe tile.

That tile came up again in a doc game, except this time on macmillian. I'm a new doc so I haven't quite worked out the timing on preventing vivors from vaulting with my shock, but it was a huge pain. Idk if something recent happened to that tile but survivors can loop for a really long time, and you're basically at their mercy. It's nice that my gen pressure was good enough that they weren't able to work on gens, but it came at the expense of chase pressure, which just means against survivors who know their loops you just have to go through the motions until someone makes a mistake or gets impatient.

• Seanzu
    Options

Yea i noticed i had two replies from them but one of them was "comment doesn't exist", big sadge.

• Noz
    Noz Member Posts: 176
    edited June 2021
    Options

The problem is that the game is at a stalemate and neither party can meaningfully progress the game without the giant risk of losing it immediately.

Currently dbd has no way of addressing this.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

Pretty much this.

I think a system where if the fifth generator was not done for 5 minutes then end-game collapse would automatically occur but only the hatch could be used to escape would at least allow people to get on with their next game more quickly. One survivor (maybe) gets out but at least its not a half-hour or more snoozefest.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

you definitely don't even know what that means

it refers to the situations where you're forced to disconnect and there's no other way around

for example. you're the last survivor alive and the killer catches you hiding in a corner and just stands there blocking you from doing anything.

if you think hiding is a bannable offence. then you clearly lack a lot of knowledge about this game. because stealth is a part of it

and by your logic. if i'm the last survivor alive and the killer slugs me for 4 minutes he's holding the game hostage ima ban him real quick

• Seanzu
    Options

Taking jabs can still be jokes, I don't see why you're so angry, it wasn't offensive or mean in any way and yet here you are, as angry as the sun.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Killers are a disadvantaged group within the dbd community, mocking their lived experiences is nothing less than violence.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

I disagree. Objectives are typically to funnel players towards each other. A killer guarding the gens is guarding the objective. It's also the only objective a killer can reasonably be expected to know the location of because of the auras. Survivors have inherited the game mechanics from when this game was intended to be a stealth game in the form of the terror radius. If survivors don't want to be found, especially on the oh so well designed big maps that somehow have not been significantly reworked during the updates, they simply will not be found for an insanely long time. Killers are intended to defend generators. They're the defensive party. Survivors are the offensive party. If the survivors are actively deciding to not do the objective, they're the ones holding the game hostage and just being petty because they played poorly. And yes, this happens a lot. Often times survivors do just hide out of spite the instant they're loosing with only 2 people remaining with no intention of completing the generators regardless if you're defending them or not. Honestly, this game needs a timer and a forfeit option.

• Seanzu
    edited June 2021
    Options

I mean, I'm basically a killer main so I know it was 100% aimed at being humour. You can take it however you like, though, unsure as to why you're trying to demean me by calling kiddo when you're the one taking a joke very poorly.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Seanzu
    Options

I'm praying this is sarcasm, please tell me you forgot the /s please :'(

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180
    edited June 2021
    Options

That's bs, you've been called out multiple times about your entitled survivor main bs on here so many times, but because you lack critical thinking skills you try to dismiss them. Nothing more survivor main like then "I'm practically a killer main" before going on about survivor main talking points.

• Seanzu
    Options

Can you link some of my survivor main talking point comments? I've never asked for survivor buffs and the only killer I want changed is spirit because she's brain dead, I honestly don't get why I'm labelled a survivor main because I don't spend my time on the forums hating literally everything survivor do like a lot of the "killer mains" feel you need to.

Here's my three latest streams, I've only played killer since nemesis came out besides 2 hours of SWF with a couple of friends the other day.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1057882934

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1058915227

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1056936963

Please keep telling me I'm a survivor main when I mostly only play killer.

Also rank reset 5 days ago and only level 30 on leon and still rank 4

Prestige 1, level 50 with Nemesis and rank 1.

It's so incredibly easy to disprove anyone calling me a survivor main.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Bud, I'm not that invested in this to go through all that, nor am I gonna go back enough into the forums to show you your own conversations. We all know you are a survivor main, don't know why you're trying so hard to act like you're not.

• Seanzu
    Options

I literally just proved I don't main survivor, If I was such a survivor main and you don't frequent this forum very often but somehow know I'm always active and supporting survivors then it would imply a lot of my comments are survivor orientated if the small amount of time you spend here is enough to make such a sweeping assumption of me, we just both know I'm right and you're realising it was a little silly to get so upset over a joke.

• Seanzu
    Options
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Neither side is advancing the game state. That was my point. I'm not saying the survivors were in the right, they clearly weren't. All I'm saying is I disagree with the OP thinking he shouldn't actually need to look for survivors.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

My point is neither side were willing to take a risk. By no means am I saying the survivors weren't in the wrong, they most certainly were. I just feel the OP is incorrect to feel they have no obligation to actually look for the survivors.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I just want to leave a note about how survivor's say survivor que is so long but they pull this kind of crap instead of just taking the loss or letting someone die for the other to get hatch instead of hiding for up to 30 minutes. Just saying, this is why you sometimes have such long que times.

• Seanzu
    Options

For someone that doesn't care you sure did make another account fast, the thing is I can prove I'm not a survivor main, but you're unwilling to prove I spout survivor main bs, because obviously proving what you're saying would be impossible.

• PsychoTron
    edited June 2021
    Options

I never said that.

There's a difference between searching within the vicinity around the generators to see if they are hiding, and searching for survivors in some obscure location no where near the generators minutes on end.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

I had something similar last night. Bugged clown. The survivors played for ormond. 3 survivors left with 1 gen left. Patrol for about 5 minutes. Go look across the entire map for 10 more. Finally find all three in the corner of the map, opposite to the gens. They were just wasting time to make me bored and make the match miserable. So I picked up the philosophy of "play boring die boring" and they all got to be slugged for 3 more minutes.