Should Trapper even have a limit on how many traps he can hold?

Options

Even if Trapper had no limit to how much traps he can hold I don't think he would be an amazing Killer, but it would be a pretty great buff to him. I always see everyone say that he should be able to hold 2 traps minimum base kit and I agree but I think that letting him be able to hold all his traps should be base kit.

Comments

• tealman
    tealman Member Posts: 20
    Options

no because for some unknown reason a ton of people still play trapper and i'm sick of seeing him. Five years the games been out, 24 killers to choose from, each with unique abilities and fun mechanics... and people still play trapper...

• Kelnec
    Kelnec Member Posts: 25
    Options

I think his base kit should be able to hold 2 traps without add-ons.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I think he should get a rework tbh.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
    Options

Why is that bad? Just because he is old does that mean he should never be played anymore?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

It would definitely be out of balance. There's a reason they haven't done that, he could instantly block off half of the map. Doing so should come at a high price. Imagine blocking an entire map with 5 gens still remaining. His power is like an insta-down, with no counterplay when an structure is secured with bear traps. Have you ever been chased by trapper and he had everything trapped? That should come at a price. He needs to find his traps so he can't simply baracade half the map instantly.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

So you just wanna verse spirits and Nurses all games instead of trapper..

a Easy killer to Escape,

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

If they do that, then I think they should give him padded jaws by default & it requires an add-on to make them injure a surv to balance it out.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

There is no reason for a limit. You can give trapper all his traps at the start of the game... and he will still be a B tier killer at best.

SLUZZY!!!! \o/

where have you been? haven't seen you in a while.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

I know you're a troll, but you're also spot on for this one.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

You don't actually think this clip proves anything right?

kate literally stayed there doing nothing while letting him set it up. also, this only even mattered because she was the last survivor left AND she cornered herself AND didn't just run away.

also, you give up on map pressure with your traps to *checks notes* waste a bunch of time setting up and picking back up a bunch of traps in order to down 1 person.

you cannot replicate what he did there unless it's a VERY, VERY peculiar scenario

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 233
    Options

I'd say being able to carry 2 at a time, but still only starting with 1 in hand would be fair. I enjoy playing him with the understanding that I'm going to lose at least 1-2 gens early because of set up, but I can usually make it up during the midgame

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Being able to start with 2 in hand isnt about losing 1 to gens, its about not having to run bag addons every game. Youre still going to lise gens at the start even if he started with 10 traps in hand

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Trapper should never be able to carry more than 2 traps at base.

Why? Because it only takes 3 traps to lock down the Killer Shack with a Survivor stuck in the basement. That is a horrible situation for that Survivor to be in and allowing a Trapper to set that up without a chance for a Survivor to sneak in for the unhook before he's ready and without eating add ons would be a bad thing.

Trapper does need some buffs, but that's too much. Carrying 2 at base should be fine. Better trap spawn RNG would be nice. More maps with grass would help. Lastly, an ability that asks the Entity to bring him one Trap at any distance with a 30-60s CD would be pretty great. Some of what is holding Trapper back is that usually he'll have at least 1 trap way the heck on the other side of the map with no way to get it.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

Do you think current Trapper is balanced? Do you also think he should get the bag base-kit or no?

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

All traps would be broken. He could set up a 3 gen around basement right at the start, never bothering to chase anybody until the survivors have 1 gen left to repair, and lock down basement to a ridiculous degree every time he hooks everyone down there.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,190
    Options

As Trapper main, start with all traps is broken.

Image you have double Purple bag by default. Just think about it.

Hag is broken on tight area such as Basement. But her traps do no harm to survivors when they trigger. And survivor can constantly destroy her traps by running through. Bear trap cause injured and can put survivor in place for 18sec (equal to ~75m distance)

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options

It wouldn't be so bad if they were at least active starting the game.

• C3Tooth
    edited June 2021
    Options

Yes, I dont use Gen slow down, but either Expose or End game build. I usually ignore survivors in early game to collect traps and setup double traps around basement area with Gens near by. The progress can cost me 3 Gens, but the game can be stall or end right after.

He only need to carry more traps (but not start with more), so he doesnt have to set trap on place he doesnt want to just to able to pickup another trap.

Vs Red ranks, through the score, I didnt tunnel, with 2 useless addon. 4k just because RNG helped me to keep them stuck on trap longer for my STBFL stack.

His problems is more on RNG which is heavily unreliable, not about "should start with all traps". Sometimes they can still escape in 1 try that not even enough time to kick a pallet, sometimes they stuck there for you to cross the whole map, thats a free hook.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options

Yes lets make a guy carry 4 bear traps in one hand. All jokes aside he should have trapper bag base kit and better spawns. Then hese fine

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

No limit needed since Trapper is so weak. But would prefer yellow bag as basekit plus tar bottle. He would be ok then neither good or bad.

• C3Tooth
    Options

Trapper is bad not because he requires times to setup traps, its because of bad RNG where survivors can escape in 3sec.

Trapper is bad not because he has to walk around the map, its because he has to walk too far for traps spawn at very corner.

The RNG problem alone is why Pig is on weak side too.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

if you set up a 3 gen and never chase people outside of it. you already lost the game if the survivors are at least a bit competent

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

I would be happy with brown bag base kit.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

I think he's fair like he is. I would have to think about that, definitely not the purple bag, that would be way too OP.

But why not use a bag if you want a bag? One spawns in every bloodweb so I think that makes it fair.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Only problem that may arise from a change like this is making basement Trapper much easier, which isn't very fun to play against to say the least. Apart from that though, I see no reason to limit how many traps he can carry.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

Bags are absolutely mandatory on Trapper. If you focus on the grind on other characters you'll run out of bags pretty easily. I ran out of bags on my Trapper and I won't bother getting more at the moment because I'm focusing on P3ing other characters.

I'd say the brown bag can be base-kit.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

Trapper is weak and they should increase the base number of traps he can hold by one I feel. That having been said, if you let him carry as many traps as he likes, he would be insane OP using a 3-gen strategy which pretty boring for everyone.

I do feel he needs a complete reworik, but have no idea how to go about this fairly.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

simply put, no.

just like literally any other existing trap based killer he should always be able to carry, and start out with, all of his traps.

the entirety of "run around the map to slowly collect your power" itself is an incredibly outdated design and has no place in the current DbD. as a secondary power (e.g. corrupt purge)? yeah, sure. after already using the power before? also okay. but he should NOT have to run around at the very start just to get access to his base ability.

yet for some reason a huge amount of people thinks giving him the brown bag basekit would fix all of his issues.

thats like putting a band aid on a gaping flesh wound and acting like everything was fine now. it is simply not enough.

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309
    Options

It´s funny how you think the worst killer is fair :D

• C3Tooth
    Options

2nd line: No Killer has ability to have a free hook from half a map. As 1 attempt (12m distance) to 6 attempt (75m).

4th line: you dont, but Trapper Agitation/Mad grid/Irongraps is quite common and boring to face as.

5th line: Im also a trapper main, I also do that if a survivor fall into basement. At least you have to pay 3000BP and 1 add-on slot for the job. And even pay more for Yellow/Purple bag to make it more convenient. Having double Purple bag (12.000BP) and without any add-on slot is another story.

He needs buff, but small step change each, just Devs gave him abit too slow for each step

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Brown bag base. Put the traps in the middle of the map. And remove RNG from traps and have a set escape timer.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options
  • 2bitfeller
    2bitfeller Member Posts: 77
    Options

The more i play solo surv, the more i agree with you sluzzy

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

It's fun trapping people sometimes. Some people haven't been playing the game the whole time.

Something like freddys teleport maybe. you can target a trap and yoink it

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Yeah basically.

Because he's so territorial, Trapper usually has to just let about half the map go. If that half the map only has 1 trap he'll never get, he'll be ok. If it had 3, he's a lot worse just because of rng trap spawns. A side ability to smooth out that rng would be great.