edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Some people gave some decent responses, that's all I needed to know

Post edited by ITSCJ46 on

Comments

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    edited June 2021
    Options

Laurie Stride's map, Haddonfield, is almost inarguably the strongest map for survivors in the game. It does not have "no strong loops", it actually has many god loops and borderline infinites depending on RNG like in the main building and garage house. The only competitors are The Game, and maybe Fractured Cowshed if the RNG sucks.

But that aside, no, Bubba is fine. His power is completely countered by windows, pallets give you breathing room, if he hits a wall (which you can cause by tightly running around an object) you basically get a free escape. Plus, he has a charge system - if Bubba chainsaws for a long time, about 6 seconds, then any chainsaw he tries to do next won't last any time at all. You can also stun him during his chainsaw which if timed right won't even break the pallet.

In my opinion, he is the perfect example of a killer who is balanced, strong, has counterplay and is fun to play as and against. (assuming the survivor is good) The only issue with him is that he can camp hooks very well, but there isn't really a way to solve that without ruining his kit.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

No he's balanced you know when he'll use his saw and unless he's right on top of you you'll have a chance. And the map you mentioned Haddonfield is the best survivor map in the game.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

he's fine, he can eat through pallets but he gets particularly screwed by windows same as billy

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

He’s a killer that takes zero skill to play (which is a few on this game). You can pick him up and play relatively poorly and still get a 4K, so he attracts a lot of killer players. The folks on here will say you just need to get better, but it’s actually just the way bubba is built and the personality of those who play him. Good post.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,091
    edited June 2021
    Options

Bubba has the same issues as a lot of killers do only magnified. Against poor survivors, he is incredibly OP because he can cut through them like a chainsaw through a Dwight but against survivors who are good enough at chases to plan their routes, Bubba is turned into a crappy M1 killer who can't do much (or worst case, they can really make a Bubba look foolish if they're good at looping and keep forcing him to bump into things since the game can have some...questionable collision at times).

Granted, sometimes a good survivor can still get the short end of the stick with RNG tile placement against Bubba but that same exact argument can be flipped right around and say there are times when Bubba gets the short end of the stick with RNG too...

He's not OP but like most things in this game, he can seem OP to new survivors. But you can't make a bunch of adjustments to him to help new survivors take him on because then he'll become worthless once you get to higher level survivors who know how to game the system.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    edited June 2021
    Options

Bubba is only at an unfair advantage if he gets someome in the basement. Other than that he's fine. Really, it depends on the player.

• GrimmGaliard
    GrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258
    Options

I think he's a bit too powerful. I'd maybe slow him down during the chainsaw charging or reduce his ability to turn while doing it. In maps without a lot of vaults, he's basically impossible to get off of your rear.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

Bubba is only good against new players who don't have the game experience to make the most of loops and windows. He is, however, only mediocre against experienced players, and is very weak against the top tier of survivors.

The best way to improve against him is to actually play him askiller and watch the tricks survivors use to escape you. Alternatively watching streamers play against him will also be very helpful.

• ITSCJ46
    ITSCJ46 Member Posts: 17
    Options

explain to me the "counter-play" in a map with unsafe pallets, if you pull the pallet down his chainsaw insta breaks it, and if you don't his chainsaw lasts ages so he can run around the loop swinging his chainsaw till he catches you? what counter-play is there?

• ITSCJ46
    Options

I have over 2,000 hours, I'm usually able to loop killers for 5 gens but against bubba on maps with unsafe pallets I just can't for some reason

• Wazzup
    Options

If you honestly have 2000 hours and still have issues with Bubba then i don't think anyone can help you.

There is a reason why he is almost never considered a high-tier Killer except by noobs.

• GrimmGaliard
    Options

Did you miss or just ignore where he said he can usually loop killers for five gens? You can try giving him concise advice on how to better handle him.

• Wazzup
    Options

No, I didn't. I just don't see how someone who allegedly has 2000 hours and can loop other killers for 5 gens has such massive issues with Bubba that he considers Bubba OP. By that time, he should be the one giving advice to all but the semi-pros.

Perhaps he could post a video so we could see and give feedback where exactly he has issues with Bubba.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Just loop around small objects. The collision in DBD is pretty obnoxious when it comes to trees, tires, fire barrels, etc. Bubba will often bonk on the hit capsule of the small object and go into a tantrum. If you're in an open area though then you need to just run towards anything that is gonna force him to have to turn.

I feel like a lot of people try to approach dealing with Bubba like they would deal with Hillbilly and often want the same limitations to be put on Bubba. Don't fight him on his terms which is running in a straight line. Force him to follow you into cluttered areas enough and he will have to m1 or walk away. You will get some mad lads and lasses that will still try and saw you in high bonk chance area. In those situations you can only hope that bonk and you make distance.

Also stop trying flashlight blind Bubbas when they tantrum if you're doing that. It's mean and you're risking getting sawed by his flailing.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

I think you're playing Haddonfield wrong, that map is by far the most surv-sided map in the game, and against a competent team it's miserable as killer. God houses are Bubba's worst enemy.

Anyways, I think Bubba is one of the, if not the, most balanced killers in the game. Has plenty of counterplay and is fun to go against (other than basement Bubba and facecamping Bubba).

• GrimmGaliard
    Options

I admit I'm pretty bad at it, but let me tell you what happened to me yesterday. Hawkins Lab against a Bubba and he found me because of BBQ (didn't know which killer it was at the time.) I not get him off me. First attempt was turning a corner as he started his sweep, he was able to make the turn and catch me still.

Next attempt was running to find a window/vault. When I found one, he was so close behind me the entire time and revving, that he still hit me through the vault.

Final time (and I wish I remembered to record this) I ran from him through SIX pallets. I counted! Stunned him 3 times (but while he was chainsawing so basically no effect) and he never got up off of me. I was never able to break los. He only gave up on me because I vaulted a window and Nea ran into him. I'm not exaggerating the numbers here either.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

Take it from Bubba main, he's balanced haha.

It may not seem like it, but he's pretty spot on in terms of balance, something that's a rare treat for killers.

• ITSCJ46
    Options

"allegedly" why would I lie about my hours? what would be the point in that? I said in my post if you actually read it that maybe OP is not the right word, but against a good bubba I struggle on certain maps, having over 2000 hours does not mean I should be a "pro" 🤣

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

An indoor map is a bit harder to deal with. In my experience Bubba bonks more when he has to turn in a full circle around something. If he's already on your back approaching a vault I don't think there is much to be done other than try and fake the window

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

No LF is easy to loop and one of the weakest chasers in the game. That's why bubba players tend to camp

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Bubba isn't op but he'll put the fear of God in you if you mess up lol.

• GrimmGaliard
    Options

I never thought to fake the window, but then again it's pretty impossible with Hawkins. The ladders to those vaults are so slim and the windows upstairs are in small rooms. I'm sure there's ways to stop him there, but I couldn't find any.