I'm curious what do you see a win as killer/survivor

Options

I want to know what people classify as a win as both a killer and survivors as many have difference ideas to what classifies as a win.

I personally feel like as a killer 1k is a loss, 2k is a draw and 3k to 4k is a win.

And as a survivor 1 escaping is a loss, two escaping is a draw and three or four of us escaping is a win.

Comments

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631
    Options

For me the only clear win condition for killer is a 4k, anything else can be heavily debated.

For survivor there is a VERY clear win condition in surviving.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

As a solo survivor main 95% of the time:

20k bps or more per match - enough to have done some significant gameplay and feel challenged yet have fun.

Escape or die is no consequence to me unless there's a challenge for it.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

That's basically identity V standards of win/lose, that's how I take it.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

I don't count kills at all. You can have everybody on death hook and no kills. I don't think 8 hooks is a loss.

I'd probably say 1-5 hooks is a loss for getting less than half off the objective done.

6-8 a tie for getting half of a little more of the objective done

9-12 a win. Any escapes by that point are by the skin of your teeth.

This is also coming from a player that attempts to 3 hook everybody. If I played meaner I'd probably focus on kills more.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    Options

As a individual i personally feel as long as i escape i win .

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

I feel like it's a win if I was able to achieve something. The only thing I really rate as a loss is being so completely and utterly outmatched by the opposition that you can't do anything. For example if you encounter a good nurse as survivor or a decent swf as killer. There is just nothing you can do in these situations except accept the 4k/4 man escape of the other side and move on

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631
    Options

It's funny that we even have to speculate what the win condition is for each side.

If the devs just said something it could clear up a whole helluva lot of stats and statements.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

as a killer, getting 3+ kills.

as a survivor, escaping. though dying and still making good points / pipping is usually considered a draw for me.

of course there are some nieche scenarios for both sides, but those happen very rarely

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

If I pip I win in my book even if I die. Escaping means nothing to me if I get enough BP honestly

As for killer, 3k is a win, usually with pip and a bunch of BP as well.

Some people will tell you having fun is a win, but in DBD fun is not something optional :)

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I agree with this as survivor. Even though it's a team game the whole winning part is my own escape, although I will try to get others out with me too if possible. I never use keys or moris though, don't like them at all.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340
    Options

As Killer, 10 hooks+ or 3k+.

As Survivor, 2 or more Survivors surviving.

Alt win condition for both sides, getting a belly laugh out of a game.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

As killer?

4k/3k (if hatch escape) - win

3k/2k - tie

1k/0k - loss

As survivor

Safety pip or better? - win

lose a pip - loss

They're different just because I'm so much better at killer that if they both went by pips I'd win every game as killer except on the occasion.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

I completely ignore the pip system.

So as a survivor I feel that a gate escape is a win, a hatch escape when the gates are opened is a good win, a standard hatch escape is a draw and a death is a loss.

As a Killer 0 or 1K is a loss, 2K is a draw and 3 or 4K is a win.

• Dilif69
    Dilif69 Member Posts: 148
    Options

30k bp or 3k

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

7 + hooks, 3k or pip. Im happy with any of those

Survivor i dont care. I just play. Whatever happens happens

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

For me, a win is completing the match without freezing and crashing

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Exit gates opened: Survivors win

Exit gates closed: Killer wins

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Escape for survivor and 3k for killer

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

As survivor I just want a chance to play the game and get some blood points. It’s becoming almost impossible to do in solo play. I’m rank 5 right now and last night I lost 8 out of 10 games. One legion let me escape. The rest were try hard killers who slugged and camped/tunneled. Lots of devour hope too. It was extremely unfun, and map rng was awful too. Just a bad night. I consider that a complete loss.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,734
    Options

For me its kind of the same for Killer and Survivor: if I enjoyed the match, if I felt I did a good job or did my best and learned how to improve my gameplay, I'd happily consider that a win. If its a killer I'm new with and learning, I may also consider a win condition to be a 1K (or at least a few hooks, especially depending on my loadout, the killer power, maps, etc)

• CrustyCake
    CrustyCake Member Posts: 38
    Options

Survivor,

Did I have fun?

Killer,

Did I have fun?

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    Options

Whoever gets the most points is the overall winner (can be the killer or one of the survivors.

2 KIlls =Draw

3 or 4 Kills =Killer Wins

A survivor can escape and have a personal win, but if at least two others don't make it the team lost.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

I got out of bed and found the strength to que up for killer. That's a win in my book.

For survivors, I really just try to have fun.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

As killer if I got a 3k or more its a win for me, if I get a 2k its a draw and obviously 1k or less is a loss. For survivor it works mostly the same but I add that if I survive then that's a win for me but if I'm the only one to survive then its still a loss for my team. A key escape I just consider to be a waste of time and don't consider it a win or a loss on either sides.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    Options

Killer: 3k with a hatch escape or 4k

Survivor: Any match where i have fun.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Same as you for killer. 0-1k is a loss. 2k is a draw. 3-4k is a win. As survivor same applies, except if I'm the only one to escape I count that as a personal win and not a team win.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Killer - 2k against hard team as decently strong killer and below = win

Killer - 4k = win

Killer - 0-2k = loss but is debateable depending on the circumstances (weak killer vs strong team, decent killer on bs map)

Survivor - escape = win

Survivor - die but do a lot = win

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Killer: 3+ kills.

Survivor: Escaping.

• Trifling
    Trifling Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2021
    Options

Depends on what killer I’m playing and what build I’m going in with. Most of the time I only really feel like I’ve won if the last gen doesn’t pop and I’ve got a 3-4k.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

I just use the in game pip system; I can't feel like I've won if the game tells me I've lost; no matter what win condition I may make up myself

People say there is no defined win condition, despite the pip system being just that; as broken and messed up as it is.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

When I play killer anything is a win to me I don't play to win ever

• Manhunt
    Manhunt Member Posts: 10
    Options

When playing killer and survivor as long as i get more than 30K bloodpoints that's a win for me

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

For killer, it's a 3K or more.

For survivor, it's either escaping or causing the killer to lose the game, even if I die. So, for example, being tunneled and buying enough time for 3+ gens to be done before I get killed. Surviving is less dependent on your skill and more dependent on your teammates and the killer player.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Escape as survivor, 4k as killer. Easy as that.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Survivor:

• Regular Emblem Rank Requirements

Killer:

• 3K or more
    • 2K with 10 hooks
  • ryzen0849
    ryzen0849 Member Posts: 143
    Options

4 stacks of bbq and at least 5 or 6 hooks

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127
    Options

My overall goals when playing Survivor are to have fun, be useful to my team, and save my teammates - even if it means I die and they escape. Those are my wins. Escaping is a goal too but it's not as important as the other ones.

As Killer, I mostly play to get challenges and daily rituals done so the progress on those is usually what I consider wins. I also play Pig to get boops. Boops are my win.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Killer POV same as yours, survivor I only care if I did over 15k points and if I looped the killer enough for the others to escape.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511
    Options

Depends. If i'm doing some dumb meme build and i pull it off, that's a win.

If not a 4k or a 3k plus hatch. 2k is a draw and 1k or less is a loss

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126
    Options

Killer's win conditions:

- one-two pip

Or

- two kills

Or

- six hooks

Or

- 20-25k bp (not counting offerings or bbq)

Or

- hook at least one time each survivor

Survivor's win conditions:

- escape

Or

- one-two pip

Or

- 15-20k bp (not counting offerings)

Or

- do one gen + unhook one mate (safely) + cleanse one totem + have a 30 seconds or longer chase (all in the same match)

Or

- to be the last survivor killed, playing altruistic and not too inmersive

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 794
    Options

As long as I have fun :)

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    Options

A win is either 4k, 3k+hatch, Ruthless, or Merciless (DCs count as kills).

A draw is Brutal or any Entity Displeased match where more than one survivor escapes through the hatch.

A loss is Entity Displeased without any of the above conditions being met.

So it can be death-dependent or pip-dependent for me.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

As survivor, safety pip or better.

As killer, 2 kills minimum for a win.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

An escape or 3k by any means. I don't worry about pips and keep it simple.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 898
    Options

I think the most commonly considered win condition is 0-1 kills = survivor victory, 2 kills = tie, 3-4 kills = killer victory. This is also what MMR should be based on, I don't understand why BHVR thinks it's not practical.

That said, I think it would be healthy for the game if it shifted officially (meaning in its scoring system and match result messages) to a hook-based win condition, with 0-5 hooks being a survivor victory, 6 hooks a tie, and 7-12 hooks a killer victory. But obviously there would have to be some changes to the game in order for this to work, e. g. survivors would have to be forced to unhook other survivors such that they can't "win" simply by all getting 1-hooked.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    edited June 2021
    Options

Oh, and as survivor (forgot):

A win is survival or at least one pip.

A draw is death but safety/black pip.

A loss is death and de-pip.

EDIT: I feel like my standards for survivor are more lenient, but I don't play as much survivor.

• Stardust1998
    Stardust1998 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Depends. In a pretty unfun match with people flashlight clicking me, it's a 3-4k.

Against a killer purposely playing like a douche such as a face camping bubba, it's an escape

If it's a nice solid match with no BM , I consider it a win if I can get good amounts of BP honestly xD. I'll obviously always be going for a traditional win but as I said, if I don't and I end up losing against people who don't BM, then I think it's fine.