Is Flashbang even worth a perk slot?

indieeden7
indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

I think out of the 50+ matches I've used it, I've maybe got one or two blinds with one. Any killer above rank 15 knows to listen for audio cues, and look up if someone's trying to blind you. Has anyone else had more success while using this perk? I'd love some help with using it more effectively.

Comments

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

Absolutely for the fun factor, i'm never taking this perk off.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

I’ve noted same. It sounded like a fun perk but it’s pretty awful and rarely works. Kills perk is more fun I find, which is too bad. If they made flash bangs work killers would just mob the forum to complain anyway.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

It's good for situations where you'd want a delayed blind, such as not having to stay at a pallet for a pallet blind, or blinding a killer around a corner.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

Use it around corners or when the killer is breaking a pallet?

• GrimmGaliard
    GrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258

My favorite was when I made him vault and dropped it while I used Lithe.

Boy was he angry with me

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

If you like to have fun :)

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I got blinded earlier even though I was looking up.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Can it be useful? Yes. Most of the time it won't be. However, it's a fun perk. I like perks that reward players for doing the objective. If a survivor is more likely to work on gens to get a flashbang then that's a plus in my book.

• Asdkre
    Asdkre Member Posts: 7

When the killer is carrying someone i bodyblock while crouching and i throw it down at the same time the killer hits me. This got the save 5/5 times so far. Never tried what it looks like from the killer's perspective but it's probably hard to notice i threw a flashbang this way or they think it was just a free hit.

It will only work once in the same match, but for that alone it's worth it in my opinion.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Yes it definetely is imo.

Use it smart and you get a blind that can get you a TON of distance.It's also easier to use than firecrackers since the audio queue for flashbangs seem to be much more quiet.

You can also get saves with it that would be impossible with flashlights.It just takes a lot of practice to get full use out of this perk.

Here's also a guide that can help you:

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

It is very fun! They need more perks like this one