3 Survivors DC almost immediately, did I do something wong?

Options

Covered the names of other players for privacy, but the match had barely started, Cold Wind Farm, Torment Creek. I set up a few traps, find a survivor (the 19) in the middle of searching a chest in the basement in the main building. 2 hit down, and they disconnected before I could even attempt to pick them up. 2 others immediately follow suit before I even left the basement. Hatch spawns not far from the main building and I just point the last survivor towards it because what's the point after all that? Any idea why this may have happened? I feel like I just got robbed of a match for no good reason.

Comments

• JohnLebedeiv
    JohnLebedeiv Member Posts: 41
    Options

The restriction on DC's has been raised I think. So if you play good survivors just leave to find another match. Babies.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Rank 4 possibly left because of team. But i do not know for others.

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62
    Options

i can bet the rank 4 was the first one in chase, then notice no gens beign worked on while everyone else just crouching behind a bush,then dcd.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

They could have been a 3 man SWF, where one wussed out so the other two d/c'd with their friend.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    edited June 2021
    Options

or a 4 man for a old tome where you had to go in that hatch with out getting hit i believe

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 231
    Options

I didn't see the rank 4 at all. The only ones I saw were the 19 that I downed, and the one with the Flashlight that I let leave through the hatch.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

OP said almost immediately. More likely their games crashed given how stable the game is.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

My bet:

3 SWF, as soon as they realized that one of them was dumb enough to be downed in the basement by a Trapper at the beginning of the game (very little to no chance to recover from that if the Trapper knows what he's doing) they decided to take the easy way out.

That's why the DC penalty is needed.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

When smurfs collide.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

From what I have heard DC penalties have been removed/heavily reduced so we are now seeing how they game has been like without them.

So no you did nothing wrong its just a bunch of survivors trying to abuse the effective lack of DC penalties while they still have them.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Sadly this behavior is rampant and has nothing to do with crashes. I'm pretty much taking a break until the DC penalty is back. I wasted more time waiting for matches, only to have them fail due to disconnecting losers, than I did playing. My time is worth a lot to me, so I'll dabble in other things for a bit and check back every week or two.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

You did nothing wrong but also remember that this update had to get dc penalties out of the way because of constant crashing so maybe they crashed midmatch.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,119
    Options

Survivors are reminding us why the DC ban existed in the first place.