Should Bloodlust be removed from the game?

WexlerWendigo
WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Should Bloodlust be removed from the game? 109 votes

Yes
21%
Mister_xDTapeKnotDimekAven_FallenSkeletalEliteUistreelanonymous31337IcewhisperTatariuHannonElcopolloSteahbm33FobbodarwinsbrainAnnso_xAmazingXandSynCroInk_EyesDropdeadPiggy 23 votes
No
78%
SnakeSound222GibberishAdelooSeiko300kodiakyAcromioRetroVolantConch1719blue4zionSacrilegeGGSaelon[Deleted User]Fog_KingRaptorrotasJawsIsTheNextKiller[Deleted User]musstang62MrPenguinTaigaSillierHorizon5 86 votes

Comments

• DeepVoiceDaniel
    DeepVoiceDaniel Member Posts: 4
    No

its sadly a necessary evil for this game

hopefully with the map reworks bhvr will start to remove infinites and then maybe remove bloodlust

but as of right now, i dont think it'd be a good idea

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    Yes

Once all Maps are reworked.

It is an outdated mechanic and there is nothing more frustrating than being better than the Killer, but they get their free Speedboost.

But I have to say, it is shocking how many Killers are not able to play unsafe Tiles, this was visible during the Bloodlust-Experiment. Like, they have no clue how to outplay a Survivor at an unsafe Pallet.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2021
    No

Holding shift w is extremely time wasting for killer, by the time you catch up 2 people could get half a gen done. Bloodlust helps with this. The killers are meant to kill, not be looped eternally. The survivor being chased is supposed to be caught eventually even if that leads to the only hook in the game, looping is just meant to extend survivors life temporarily, not permanently.

The power role is only for the extremely good killers, survivors hold this for the average or less killer.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,563
    No

Nope. It was created to stop infinites, but now it serves as a counter to the "hold W meta". It is necessary, and it must stay.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

the correct vote is it will be removed, once the game can function without them.

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192
    Yes

We can leave BL1, but BL2 and BL3 are not needed on any map anymore and should be removed.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    Yes

Well, maybe not entirely removed per se, but it should be revisited and changed for sure.

Bloodlust is outdated and boring mechanic, which has no place in modern Dead by Daylight whatsoever.

• Elcopollo
    Yes

I'm sorry but bloodlust does nothing against players, who run to the corner of the map. Killer's movement is faster than survivor's by default, so you'll catch up to a survivor running in a straight line even before BL1 kicks in. As for overpowered spawns - knowing when to drop chase and when to start it is part of every killer's skill cap. If killer loses the game, because he spends his whole time on bloodlusting in chases - it's killer's problem and killer's mistake. And if survivor isn't good, then not a single spawn will help them out.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    No

ngl I expected to see way more yes

• No

Trickster without bloodlust....don't even want to think about it

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511
    Yes

Once they fix the maps. Maybe keep Bloodlust 1 at the start to test and see how things are.

With how maps are now? Absolutely not

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited June 2021
    No

They tested that not too long ago and shack became an infinite if you got a certain version of it spawn, just as one example. There were also s decent number of "technically not an infinite but might as well be" things found in the game. Things like just running straight through halls on Midwitch for example where sure eventually you would catch them, but you'd waste so much time you'd lose the game and all they did was hold W.

The map design is not ready for it and it doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon imo.

• Badonkadonk
    Badonkadonk Member Posts: 79
    No

If we're to assume maps get fixed properly to compensate, I think a rework for bloodlust could actually be pretty cool. I always thought it could be a sort of cool mechanic for different killers to be more or less susceptible to bloodlust, removing all tiers as well, I always thought it made sense if you could mori survivors if you had bloodlust (with more requirements of course, otherwise you could just tunnel everyone out the game). You are bloodlusted after all, so it makes sense to me personally, I also thought a perk designed around making bloodlust easier to get, lasting longer, or just, in general, doing more could be cool.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159
    Yes

It's the only way to get rid of the stupid FPS drops it triggers everytime it activates, it's so annoying when I play killer. If they'd optimize console it wouldn't be an issue but since they won't I'll take what I can get when it comes to removing triggers for fps drops.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    No

Chases don't need to be that long. They need a cap, and bloodlust is its key.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221
    Yes

I think they should keep bloodlust 1 but remove 2 and 3

and change the timer to 30 seconds instead of 15

• yikesama
    yikesama Member Posts: 24
    No

Nopers, its importent because youre not gonna get some Surv when they know what they r doin.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited July 2021
    Yes

Bloodlust 1 is fine but tiers 2 and 3 are unnecessary, promote bad play, and give undeserved hits.

• Elcopollo
    Yes

So it's better to keep bloodlust, rely on it and promote skill-less holding of W among killers? Weird logic, but ok. Gotcha.

There are barely any "overpowered rng" in the game as of now. Most of such tiles are winnable by (what a surprise!) playing smart. And in cases, where having brain isn't enough and the tile is basically an infinite - break a pallet or a wall, instead of wasting time on bloodlusting.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943
    No

It was created to stop infinites so no

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Yes

eventually yes.

maybe not right now, but it will need to go in the future.

its an unhealthy mechanic for the game.

• DropdeadPiggy
    DropdeadPiggy Member Posts: 155
    Yes

It promotes skillless gameplay like let's be forever who all the people screaming about infinite loops if you're not smart enough to break that then you shouldn't be playing this no way should you get a edge up on me just because you're bad

• Elcopollo
    Yes

"it also doesn't take much skill to loop or hold W as survivor, lol" oh, so it's not enough that survivors have that boring routine? lol

It really shows that you play mostly survivor, friend. The amount of hits good killer gets thanks to bloodlust is laughable - in 9,5 out of 10 chases bloodlust is neither useful, nor needed. Painting it out to be actually good and healthy mechanic is ridiculous.

Is it a top priority or an incredibly important issue? Hell no. Is it outdated af and needs to be revisited in order to become something healthy for the game and actually useful? Yes, very much so. Initially bloodlust was meant to shutdown numerous infinites, now, when infinites are practically non-existent (unless killer makes mistakes and survivor is a god-tier player who doesn't even know what "mistake" means) it usually only helps out low-skill killers who wouldn't know how to loop for their life and eagerly ignore pallets only to get that juicy bloodlust.

And I am saying it as someone who plays mostly killer.