Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we get a “constructive conversation” sub forum please?

DarkWo1f997
DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
It’s really hard to find the good conversations buried in the salt contests. It would be easy to moderate too.  I’m just sick of all the beef. I want to have a good conversation here. 

Seriously sometimes I can’t tell if I’m reading tweets from the Wendy’s Twitter Account or a DBD forum.  

Comments

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Who would be in it?
  • lindechene
    lindechene Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2018

Would it help to have a daily or weekly post limit for users?

I try to just read most of the threads to get an idea what "the community" is thinking.

My impression so far is that the same people make multiple posts in the same thread.
    Often it seems also the same people who keep going off topic to push their own agenda.
    Some people do seem to have some kind of feud going on and may just want to argue for the sake of it.

A daily or weekly post limit might motivate some users to give more thought on which topics to spend their voice.

In addition this would help to reduce the time needed to read trough feedback.

The option to vote up posts could still be used without restrictions.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    It’s really hard to find the good conversations buried in the salt contests. It would be easy to moderate too.  I’m just sick of all the beef. I want to have a good conversation here. 

Seriously sometimes I can’t tell if I’m reading tweets from the Wendy’s Twitter Account or a DBD forum.  

The problem is that we always discuss the same topics, most arguments have already been brought several times and its just a big repitition. Even the devs ackknocledge serious balance issues in the game (depip squad e.g.), but yet a mayor part of the community simply doesnt accept that.

As long as we have this survivor vs killer mentality, its simply never going to happen.
    I started posting salty comments to instead of trying to respond with a thought-through argument since I know that im just gonna be trashtalked anyway

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

I actually agree, most threads dissolve into imbeciles being toxic or spam posting getgud instead of any discussion of real merit over some obvious problems involving the game. A place where people can actually talk instead of it turning into a flame war over which side is the bigger victim would be great.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

HERESY !!!!!!!!!!!! 😜

While I agree sometimes it's hard to find good discussions before they quickly get derailed by the same 5 or so people on both sides (5 or so is an example). The issue would be is that you run the risk of having an echo chamber where you only hear things you like.

Some of the ahem respondents in question do come up with some good points from time to time, what'll help is once they get more mods on here. Once that happens you'll see the hardcore derailing lessen to an extent.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited December 2018
    Lol
    Any plans on how to make this happen, and what the rules might be?

I can about guarentee every bad idea we see sounds like a good one to someone.
  • powerbats

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Lol

The old the best laid plans of mice and men and that one thread that no matter how many ways we described how bad the idea was they wouldn't drop it.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Lol

The old the best laid plans of mice and men and that one thread that no matter how many ways we described how bad the idea was they wouldn't drop it.

I like that. I usually say an old Yiddish saying.
    "Man plans, God laughs."
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Who would be in it?
    Members who are selected by the mods. Like the streaming promotion they did. 
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@Master said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

The problem is that we always discuss the same topics, most arguments have already been brought several times and its just a big repitition. Even the devs ackknocledge serious balance issues in the game (depip squad e.g.), but yet a mayor part of the community simply doesnt accept that.

As long as we have this survivor vs killer mentality, its simply never going to happen.
    I started posting salty comments to instead of trying to respond with a thought-through argument since I know that im just gonna be trashtalked anyway

I honestly love the "survivor vs killer" theme on the forum. It makes for a fun read and creates factions...almost in real life (because the humans behind the posts genuinely believe their side is underpowered)

Yeah...we get the kids posting some immature stuff, but it's the internet...what can you expect.

This game doesn't have the resources a company like Blizzard has so it has that "small town" feel.

My only concern is that a new person to this game (and probably the developers themselves) can't get any real info regarding balance, OP skills etc because for every comment that says "x" makes killers (or survivors) OP, there is another comment that says the opposite.

Luckily the developers probably have metrics that can tell them what is happening in game lol.

• Attackfrog

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Lol

Yes! This forum is like an awesome reality show...only instead of involving some botoxed baby weight disasters who sip mimosas and pop Xanax like it's tic-tacs, it involves players of a fairly lesser known online pvp game.

I love the bickering!

In fairness.though, survivors are entitled babies that cry for handouts...don't take them seriously!

• powerbats
    edited December 2018

@Attackfrog said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Lol

Yes! This forum is like an awesome reality show...only instead of involving some botoxed baby weight disasters who sip mimosas and pop Xanax like it's tic-tacs, it involves players of a fairly lesser known online pvp game.

I love the bickering!

In fairness.though, "killers" are entitled babies that cry for handouts...don't take them seriously!

There I had to fix that for you for fairness and equalities sake. You may now go back to our regularly scheduled forum bashing and entitlement reading. That is depending on which side you're on determines whether it's entitlement or just asking for qol stuff. 😁

• Attackfrog

@powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Lol

I love the bickering!

In fairness.though, "killers" are entitled babies that cry for handouts...don't take them seriously!

There I had to fix that for you for fairness and equalities sake. You may now go back to our regularly scheduled forum bashing and entitlement reading. That is depending on which side you're on determines whether it's entitlement or just asking for qol stuff. 😁

Typical survivor rhetoric! ;)

@moderators please ban this fool for crazed lunacy on an internet forum! He/she is off his/her rocker!! We all know killers are underpowered and this fellow seems to believe otherwise!!

• powerbats

@Attackfrog said:

@powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Lol

I love the bickering!

@moderators please ban this fool for crazed lunacy on an internet forum! He/she is off his/her rocker!! We all know killers are underpowered and this fellow seems to believe otherwise!!

Killer main or killer preferred player for last 2 seasons to be more politically correct. 😜

Of course but we can't let on otherwise the forum would go up in flames.😁

• Attackfrog

@powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

@powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Lol

I love the bickering!

Killer main or killer preferred player for last 2 seasons to be more politically correct. 😜

Of course but we can't let on otherwise the forum would go up in flames.😁

This sounds like something a typical survivor main disguised as a killer main disguised as a survivor main disguised as a killer main would say!

Nobody can be trusted!

• powerbats

@Attackfrog said:

This sounds like something a typical survivor main disguised as a killer main disguised as a survivor main disguised as a killer main would say!

Nobody can be trusted!

The truth is out there Alexa play X-files theme music

• Attackfrog

@powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

Nobody can be trusted!

The truth is out there Alexa play X-files theme music

Next chapter: X-Files confirmed!