Map and their brightness?

Zylance
Zylance Member Posts: 64

I`m wondering what you guys think about the brightness on the maps.. Feel free to share your thoughts! And while you are at it, its interesting to know if you are survivor or killer main..

My thoughts is that the brighter it is, the less i feel the tension that should belong in a "horror" game. This is turning more into an action game in my opinion, and even miss the old offerings to make it more foggy\dark!

I agree claudette shouldnt be invisible, but this brightness boost has to stop!

I want to consider myself as a killer main, but sadly i probably play around 60% survivor because i hate 3-4 man swf on coms (other discussion, sorry).

Comments

• Zylance

I dont do anything to mess with brightness, and i honestly cant understand how anybody can ever hide in the "shadows" now, as every map is so bright. Some are even so bright its acually blending in some spots where the light is shining on the surface of stuff.

If people use things to avoid dark scenes, it shouldnt affect the ones of us that want to "feel" the game as a horror genre tbh=(

Give me darker maps, please!

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,625

If you had asked me back in 2018, I would say the lighting and brightness was good. Take 2016 / 2017 and it is perfect.

Take the maps how they currently are... and the situation is not good.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

No I reaaaally hate the new Coldwind map brightness levels they don't feel good to play on I prefered the old brightness honestly. Other than that I feel OK about the others at least maybe Autohaven could be a TAD but brighter but nothing like Coldwind. Honestly If they did Dead Dog Saloon type brightness os Coldwind then I would be super cool with it.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Autohaven and swamp lighting are really bad. Hopefully swamp gets a massive rework soon, it honestly should’ve had one already.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

If you play pc, then you know where the Claudette is. Not gonna lie.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Years ago there was a bug on The Game (meat plant) map that sometimes removed global lighting, it was super dark and the only light sources were the random lights and generators on the map. Basically it was pitch black and was super fun like hide and seek and it was actually hard to navigate and play normally but it was so cool that it didn't matter

I feel like darker atmosphere is more fun and fitting rather than being bright or even sunny, of course if it was always super dark that would be terrible but I don't like these new brighter maps, I prefer darker maps

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I would prefer most of the maps to have a bit more contrast. With some exceptions (swamp, Autohaven) I think that there aren't a lot of true blacks, the maps have kind of a light haze of charcoal grey. Not a lot of truly dark areas.

Then again I'm also of the belief that many sweaty players just have their screen brightness jacked up to gain a cheap advantage anyway, so I'm not sure if making the maps darker would change anything.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its fine when you play on low graphic settings.

if you try to play on ultra and get one of the new maps, good luck.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,771

And us consolers are locked at Ultra, so we cannot even change that..

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I bought my PC to play games at top settings and recently Re8 and Control looked incredible.

Can't say the same for dbd as I have to play on low settings to see anything on Badham, Yamaoka, Azarovs, etc.

Really bizarre decision by the art team considering they spent a yesr or two making every other map blindingly bright

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • Zylance

Couldnt there be something in between tho? The brightest map hurts my eyes, and the darkest ones arent a problem with a good monitor imo, but i get the point - Claudette is black indeed..

I still think most (read. most) maps are WAY too bright:P