What're Good killer perks?

Options

So I want to know what's worth unlocking so I don't waste as much time on other killers that have lesser quality perks.

Comments

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

well the ones I see all use the same few. Bbq, hexes, tinkerer, monitor, and a few I’m forgetting. Oh nurses calling.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 364
    Options

Infectious Fright, Corrupt Intervention, thrilling tremors

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    Options

Take a look at this site for some ideas: https://dennisreep.nl/dbd/perks/killer/

On that site, users can rate all killer perks (you can also click on a particular killer's name to see the highest-rated perks to use on that killer). Obviously, there are going to be differences of opinion, but I find that site very helpful to get some ideas about better vs worse perks. And, of course, even some "bad" perks can be lots of fun or can work well with other perks in particular builds.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Monstrous Shrine, Predator, Unrelenting, and Furtive Chase.

Don't actually, this was a joke. The other comments above are actually good suggestions.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,640
    edited June 2021
    Options

"must haves" that work on basically every killer are: BBQ (leatherface), pop goes the weasel (clown), infectious fright and corrupt intervention (plague), ruin (hag), undying (blight), tinkerer (hillbilly)

and then there are good perks that are really good on some killers but underwhelming on others so I wouldn't go for them first and get them later, these include: every perk from nurse, monitor and abuse (doctor), discordance (legion), devour hope (hag), surge (demogorgon), thrilling tremors and I'm all ears (ghostface), save the best for last (myers), bamboozle (clown), haunted grounds and spirit fury (spirit), enduring (hillbilly), starstruck (trickster)

As others have pointed out the two generic perks sloppy butcher and whispers are solid as well if you have nothing else

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I'm honestly just going to go down the line and say which I feel are good to get on which killer

Trapper: Brutal Strength is a pretty good perk, Agitation has it's places though and helps for those basement challenges

Wraith: none of his are really good but Shadowborn does give you some extra sight due to the fov increase

Hillbilly: Enduring and Tinkerer are really good, Lightborn is eh

Nurse: Thanatophobia and A Nurse's Calling are both really good for locating survivors and slowing the game down even by a little

Myers: Honestly all of his are good

Hag: Ruin and Devour Hope are amazing, The Third Seal is eh

Doc: Monitor & Abuse is insanely good on some killers and Overcharge isn't bad either

Huntress: the only perk of hers worth getting is Huntress Lullaby

Bubba: Knock Out is good for M1 killers, BBQ is free bp so that's very nice (and as an added bonus, aura reading), Franklin's not as great but useful if there's a lot of items

Freddy: none of his perks are good unless you're doing an endgame build

Pig: Make Your Choice isn't a bad choice to make and Surveillance let's you see regressing generators so that's good

Clown: Pop Goes The Weasel and Bamboozle aren't bad choices to make, Coulrophobia isn't necessarily amazing

Spirit: Yes, all of them, but for Rancor it's better if you use it as tracking and not a mori

Legion: honestly... I don't really like any of their's, Discordance isn't bad and Iron Maiden is really only good on Huntress and Trickster

Plague: she has 2 meta perks so I'd get those, Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright are great, Dark Devotion has its places but not always the best option

Ghost Face: If any, get Thrilling Tremors

Demogorgon: Honestly, none of his are good but I personally like running Mindbreaker

Oni: None of his perks are good by themselves, if you have another obsession perk I would bring Nemesis though

Deathslinger: no good perks

Pyramid Head: Trail of Torment is pretty good, Deathbound isn't awful but not amazing

Blight: Undying is very good, Dragon's Grip isn't awful but not amazing

Twins: None are super amazing, but Coup de Grace and Oppression aren't bad

Trickster: None of them are super worth it, but Starstruck isn't bad

Nemesis: I say Lethal Pursuer is good just because, even though it's easy to guess where survivors spawn, Lethal Pursuer physically tells you where they spawned and then Hysteria and Eruption, aren't the best, only really good on a few

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
    Options

Okay ######### I have a lot of perks to get

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Freddy, Slinger, and Oni all crying in low tier perks.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2021
    Options

Sort of - for the vast majority of Killers you can do well with just Barbecue & Chili, Tinkerer, and Hex Ruin/Pop/Corrupt Intervention, If you don't have these yet Whispers and NOED (also possibly Enduring) can be used to fill in the gaps till you do.

Honestly using just free perks, a setup with Whispers, Tinkerer, Enduring & NOED is pretty effective until you meet very good survivors when you almost need gen defense perks,

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

You can start farming points and shards now tbh, Use the points on killer's you have unlocked already or if you bought bubba get to BBQ first solely for the points boost to ease the grind a bit. Then pick and choose after that. There's supposed to be a shrine event in July for 2 weeks, and they'll give you a lot of shards for free (something like 9kish), the shrine resets everyday for that event, so that's gonna help you a ton.

Trouble with freddies is it's mostly endgame perks. Deathslinger's perks i don't think i've ever used in a build, maybe if they buffed dead man's switch to automatically knock survivor's off gens when you hook the obsession, then i'd use it. Oni perks are meh, except Nemesis but even then, it's nothing special.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options
  • TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
    Options

I already have it :/

Shrine always has what I just unlocked lol xD and this weeks sucks!

• DragonSlayerX67
    DragonSlayerX67 Member Posts: 35
    Options

Discordance: legion

Pop goes the weasel: clown

Hex haunted ground and Rancor: spirit

Barbeque and chilli and Franklin's demise: cannibal

Thanataphobia: nurse

These perks help deal with genrushing and toxic players