Who is your main and why?

Options
ill_Boston_lli
ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

I know I shouldn't ask this because I don't have a main as killer. But my main for survivor is Jake and that is because when I started playing about 4 years ago not many people mained him. I love his back story and I think he looks rugged and bad ass. Can't mess with us Sabo Mains!!! lol When I say I don't have a main for killer it is because I love them ALL equally Even killers like clown and trickster ahah

Post edited by ill_Boston_lli on

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Freddy, he is best killer in game.

Kate, she is best survivor in game.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

love spirits design so thats the reason i decided to main her after a few others

• GrimmGaliard
    GrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258
    Options

Doctor Doctor! I have pretty poor eyesight, and am very secretly sadistic as all hell so he fit me like a very statically charged glove.

Jake was my main when I first started for that same reason. I saw mostly Claudette, some Meg, very few Dwights and almost no Jakes. Then I moved to David, then Tapp then Adam over to Felix because he's oozing in class. Debating on switching to Leon because I have fond memories of RE4

• ryzen0849
    ryzen0849 Member Posts: 143
    Options

Wraith. He's a simple killer with great mobility. Being able to zoom around maps without a power meter or tokens is amazing. The variety of play styles his addons give is pretty good too.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Pyramid head because when he got release his power counter DS and i love the silent hill franchise. Now im trying to make Nemesis my main but he feel like a nerf PH so im dissapointed in him.

Survivor it was Cheryl until the release the RE chapter now its Leon and Claire i still need to level up Claire.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Survivors:

• Meg - my first main when I was new to the game.
    • Yui - I’m kind of known to be a simp for Yui.
    • Claire - I really love her from Resident Evil and the fact she’s in DBD is so awesome!

Killer:

• Spirit - always been my favorite killer because I love her character and design.
  • CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Doctor, I think he's the coolest character in the game. The entire game. Even including Licenses, I think Doctor is the coolest character in the entire game. At the very least, he's the scariest.

I think my first time playing Ace was just going for the adept and the plan was to dip out immediately to go back to Dwight, but idk somehow something clicked and I knew I wanted to be an Ace main. Most likely I liked the smile, but I then began to love his cosmetics even when all I had were Blue Shorts and a Pineapple Shirt.

(my original Ace outfit when I started playing him as my main, I was Playing Dwight earlier cause I knew I wanted to P3 Ace).

Seeing it makes me a little nostalgic, and I plan to use this outfit the entirety of the Anniversary Event to go back to my Ace's roots.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

Survivor main:

Cheryl, Jill / Claire / Meg / Leon.

They are young and brave, nice backstories. lovable characters.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Jeff and Jane because I like their looks the most

Clown because he’s fun to play

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Pyramid Head. I have no ties to Silent Hill and don't go out of my way to tunnel people but there's something so satisfying about successfully predicting someone and hitting a well-placed POTD that gives me such a rush. I can't get it from any other killer.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

If were talking right now, its got to be Wraith. He's got great addons and he's actually pretty strong now when used properly. Love the hit and run style he brings + just being able to cloak and get to a loop to cut a survivor is satisfying.

As for survivor, my home girl Meg will always be my #1. I like her animation, she doesn't scream very loudly or have any irritating voice effects. She brings 3 amazing perks to the table right off the bat and Megs are just traditionally known as the ones who are good at loops/chases. Couldn't say the same about Claudettes.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I honestly don't main anyone anymore. I do dailies and play whichever killer has streamers.

As survivor, whoever has most medkits , streamers, or if I feel daring, flashlights

• FeminineSlime
    FeminineSlime Member Posts: 90
    Options

I am a Kate Gamer. Her backstory is the most similar to my own life, she looks the closest to me of all the characters, and I like that her lore basically sets her up as the Entity's complete opposite. And I'm A Simp. I also have P3 for Lisa Garland and now Claire Redfield and enjoy both of them when I want to mix it up. White Girls Go Brrr.

For killer, I main Legion, and unfortunately, I must specify that I main Susie. I like her reluctant backstory, she dresses like I did in middle school lmao, and I appreciate Legion's basic power since I usually just play Killer to zone out and run around. M1 Gaming. I also play Pig for similar reasons. I am currently in the process of learning Trapper, too, but I suck so far lmao so the White Girl Curse has not been broken.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Trapper because there is some sick satisfaction in having someone step in a trap. Especially at higher ranks. It's almost like saying "Yeah, I out smarted you"

Survivor I main David because I want constant access to WGLF for farming. Since I got Ash P3ed he's become my main survivor now because I like Ashy Slashy :P

• Bluebird
    Bluebird Member Posts: 295
    Options

Survivor - Cheryl, she's a cutie.

Killer - Pyramid Head, love his anti-loop Punishment.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

For Survivor, I main Leon and Quentin, but for Killer, I main Nemesis. His power feels rewarding but not super easy and broken like Freddy or Spirit. He’s the only Killer that feels comfortable to me, yknow?

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
    Options

In my experience megs are not that great at loops. Most Claudette's i run into give the business. I literally can't chase them early game. I seek out the weaker links. Not all megs are meg-heads but most of the megs I run into are very inept.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Billy because the man runs with a chainsaw at crackhead speed. The man should be in the damn Olympics, honestly. That and I love his rawr when he's about to mangle someone XD

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

As killer, I main Freddy and have done so ever since I first started playing DBD, back in 2018. There are countless reasons for that, but I think what truly lead me towards him was how unique he was when compared to the other killers. After he got his failure of a rework, the only thing which prevented me from dropping him was my love for the character.

I leveled up my survivors almost randomly, but the one I've played most and considered to be my main was Claudette. She had a very strong perk by default (Self-Care was meta back then), her backstory is good, she has a certain advantage when it came to stealth, and she is really pretty. Until they announced her model rework, that is. I main Quentin now.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Yeah, this was the thing I really didn't want to say but I guess I'll say it anyway since you said it first. I thought it was basically accepted by the community that Megs can be some of the worst in the game and I don't think I ever remember playing with a single Meg I could consider "good."

Not saying you're Bad, Volcz, but Megs are not traditionally known to be good loopers.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

Currently? Legion. I like their aesthetic.

Chris Redfield is my survivor. I love my Boulder Puncher.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631
    Options

Blight, I've followed his lore since the hallowed Blight. I love the general theming of him, and he's a very mobile killer.

So he has good lore, is mobile, and looks aesthetically pleasing.

• FadedTone
    FadedTone Member Posts: 16
    Options

Steve, no further comment

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

Survivor jake ace ash and jeff

Killer Legion and trickster

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Demo all the way! Okay, every change for him is 1 step forward 2 steps back but I still love the DemoDog. And yes, Booping is encouraged!

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Survivor side Claudette because blendette.

Killer side I switch: Freddy, legion, Doc, bubba, pig, huntress, wraith, occasionally Michael. Theres probably more but thats whats coming to mind right now

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Main female survivor was Kate, changing to Claire if her face is fixed.

Main male is Steve, possibly Chris but not made up my mind yet. Since I paid for the skin though I probably will decide to Main him.

Main killer is hard because I play so many. It would be a coin toss between wraith and freddy but, depending on nerfs and being a huge zombie fanboy, may main nemesis until Chucky (if he ever comes into the game)

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

At the moment I'm going on a spree of playing many different survivors because I like the diversity and have some BP offerings left on them. But my usual main is Claudette. As killer I don't really have a main anymore but used to main Billy.

Hillbilly was always fun to play, had the best mobility at the time and was the only killer able to instant down survivors from a healthy state when I first started playing him.

I was a sabo Jake when I first started playing although eventually swapped to Claudette. She was better at hiding and covered less of the screen than Jake did. So I swapped to her and grinded to get L3 on both Billy and Claud.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,619
    Options

Probably Deathslinger because he's the coolest ranged killer, and I like his playstyle. Also, I gotta represent.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Killer main is Ghostface. Why? I find it's very easy to catch survivors unaware or off-guard thanks to the lack of terror radius. It makes getting that first hit on a healthy survivor much easier.

Survivor main is Kate. Why? Idk. I like Kate. Kate is the best looking survivor tbh.

• Bjario
    Bjario Member Posts: 313
    Options

Huntress and Deathslinger, because I love ranged killers! ( No I don't see trickster as a ''ranged'' killer lol).

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

Well it was Kate but now that the Resident Evil chapter is live its definitely Jill now. I've been a huge Jill fan for 20 years so to see her make it into DBD was the most exciting thing ever for me. I have millions of points into Kate though and she's still my favorite DBD original character so I will always play Kate. Now that Jill is my new main I guess my name should be JillMain86. 😊

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

When it comes to killers, I wouldn't say I have a main because not only do I tend to play survivor more, but picking a killer heavily depends on what mood I'm in.

With that being said, the closest killer to my "main" is Oni. His lore, design, soundtrack & playstyle overall definitely takes the cake for me and slapping Infectious Fright onto him makes the snowball fest 100x better. Runner-up would probaaaaably be Pig because I like Saw very much so.

As for survivor, that's easy. Kate & Dweet are my little fuzzballs mainly because of their looks & lore. Cosmetics are a bonus. Runner-ups would be Laurie & Tapp because I like the franchises they come from.

• DBDude
    DBDude Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2021
    Options

I main Bill as a survivor, and as for killer it is usually Wraith, Doctor, Michael, Leather Face, Huntress, Hillbilly, Oni, Clown, Demogorgon, Trapper, Ghost Face, and Death Slinger.

• icequeenalexis
    icequeenalexis Member Posts: 3
    Options

killer - doctor, pure farming machine. just got legion, she is fun

survivors is kate and jill - both are cute and sexy. if i am going to be murder, i rather go out looking pretty

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Although I’ve been playing more Twins & Doc lately, Clown will always be my main boy because I hate, hate, HATE endless looping. I just love how hopeless it is for survivors to try and outplay me during chases. Get spotted? You’re going down fast.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

Killers:

Doctor: first main. I had trouble finding people so Doctor came as a big help. His skill ceiling is high when he can deny loops. His lore is cool too!

Demo: Stranger things! Demo is cool as he's like an M1 killer but has great tools like Doctor. Of the Abyss with Lifeguard Whistle is great info with no slowdown.

Myers: I like Jumpscare Myers a lot lol

Wraith: jumped on the hype train lol I do enjoy the super lunge and All Seeing Blood

Survivor: I play as Elodie. I like how she's different from rest of survivors, I enjoy the concept of her as almost like Indiana Jones.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Killers:

Nemesis - The monster that got me into the Resident Evil franchise. He's so badass! Also, he's the motherfucking NEMESIS.

Doctor - He's fun and has a cool backstory. He was also the Killer who got me into the game.

Survivor:

Laurie, Jill, and Leon - I'm a big fan of the franchises they originate from. Also, RE3R was my introduction to Resident Evil so those versions of Nemesis and Jill will always be special to me.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Demogorgon because he's good but balanced and he's fun to play as and against.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    Options

Oni main here. I like the ability of taking a game from 0 to 100 really fast. The pressure he adds to the game is incredible and being able to down multiple survivors in a short amount of time is so fun.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    Options

1st Trapper / Yui

2nd Spirit / Nea

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I sorta bounce from killer to killer, so I wouldn't really say I "main" anyone, but right now I'm primarily playing Blight and Legion.

As survivor, I've mained Ash for a while now. And when I buy the chapter, I'll probably main Leon as well.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Survivor: Dwight, Claudette, and Feng. Recently having added Ace to the group. For some reason I feel the most comfortable playing them. Not really sure why. Also they all have cool cosmetics.

Killer: Wraith, Doc and Mikey. Wraith because the speed combined with the invisibility makes me feel like a proper hunter. Doc because sometimes I suck at tracking. Lastly Mikey because his ability to snowball is fun.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

Hard for me to choose a killer, I like deathslinger, plague and blight. For survivors I like steve and kate.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    edited June 2021
    Options

Survivor main is Meg, cause when I started to play dbd there were only 4 survivors to choose from and I liked her the most. But I also play Kate every now and then.

Killer main is Oni, I instantly fell in love with him. Love Nemesis as well, so I'll be playing him for a while now

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    edited June 2021
    Options

I guess its server/region based. The claudettes I play with at red ranks are awful for the most part. Low altruism, barely on gens, and they are horrible in chases. Again, most part. Not all. Most megs I play with are the ones who give killer the business. Again, not all. But most. & yea I guess thats true for every character, but in NA East, Claudettes are a curse on your team in majority of the matches. I mean there's no coincidence that 1 of the biggest survivor memes is Claudette hiding and playing super immersive, afraid to do anything risky. That didn't start out of nowhere lol.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222
    edited June 2021
    Options

Nurse. I’ll be real, I suck at running tiles as killer and find it slightly boring/tilting. I also can’t aim well with huntress and deathslinger. Nurse just does it for me and she’s so fun plus there’s always room to get better.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    Options

Same on European servers.

If my lobby fills with Claudettes I know this is going to be a fast match. No offense or generalization, it's just my experience.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
    Options

KILLER: The Doctor. The Doctor has been my main for as long as I can remember, though I can't exactly place why. He looks cool, his cosmetics are exceptional, his lore is interesting, and his power is fun to use. Seeing people flounder when I deny them a window or pallet is one of the best feelings in the world.

SURVIVOR: Dwight Fairfield. Like The Doctor, Dwight has been my main since I started playing. I wasn't particularly drawn to anyone else, and I'm a sucker for characters who are painfully pathetic, so I went with him.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options

Freddy is well, awful and boring. No one likes playing against him, its a meme to hate on him.