To Everyone Saying To Re-enable The Sets:

Yes it sucks, but for legal reasons, they can’t have bugged sets for most of the characters. I don’t understand why they fixed the original character’s bugged sets though.

Comments

• Hopeful_Songbird
    Hopeful_Songbird Member Posts: 84

It was something they got enjoyment out of in this bugged forsaken game. Also it’s the famous dweet main, hi

• Hopeful_Songbird

Correct me if I’m wrong but all the non licensed outfits are rightfully part of a set, like they have a very specific theme. Kate and Meg’s set outfits are from an event instead of a random catalog

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Pretty sure they didn’t?

which one are you talking about?

• Mooks

You are just assuming it is greed on BHVRs side. You were not part in the negotiations neither for the licensed contents in DbD nor in Division 2. you have no clue what the terms for usage of the contents are.

• Hopeful_Songbird

Good question, I really don’t know on that one. I stand by the fact that some sets are linked from events, like Kate’s Hawaiian outfit but some of them are just plain stupid.

• Mooks
    edited June 2021

It’s more than likely completely Capcoms decision as they are the license holders and had to approve of all of this. Doesn’t mean BHVR is completely out of ‚guilt‘ here, but in the end, I’d Capcom wanted to they would have not allowed it.

Never said so. I just assumed it was about RE/licensed chars as I didn’t know original Chars of dbd were in Division 2, especially with linked outfits that are then unlinked in Divison 2.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I understand the licensed sets with protective IP holders and I understand the mesh breaker sets like Krampus Trapper and Robbie Rabbit Legion. I do not understand things like socialite Yun-Jin or tagger Nea, and I do not understand why 2/3 of the Crypt TV skins are linked but not the other third. Many other outfits clearly only need two of their three pieces linked.

The majority of linked sets have nothing to do with licenses. Currently there's only two properties that have expressed the desire for this, and 5 characters subject to it.

• Mooks

When they first introduced linked sets, in the in-game news the wording was, that 2 or more pieces may be linked. So it at least seemed like this was possible…

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

Licensed outfits - Perfectly fine - Won't even argue.

Non licensed outfits - There are some pieces that could be separated. Imo they should work on a way to link two specific parts of a three piece set that way the non broken piece can be worn separately. Simple solution is.

• You must buy the full set if anything is linked
    • If there's part of a cosmetic that requires another to look proper - Force it (Turso / Legs as an example)
    • Allow rest of outfit to split.

That would be the most reasonable compromise at least for non licensed stuff.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Yun Jin licensed chapter confirmed?

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

What license is Kate, Yun-Jin, and Elodie from?

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I really want them to unlink the linked sets. At least for the original character, because I couldn't care less for the licensed characters. I really care a lot about how my characters look, it's incredibly important to me. Glitching outfits gave you the opportunity to create insane outfits. There were so many different things you could create, so much creativity. And now it's gone. I do understand why they don't want you to glitch their licensed characters. But it's just dumb and sad that they made you unable to glitch the originals in my opinion.

For me. When I realised that they patched this, I had a hard time processing it. It was like, they removed many possibilities. I only had 1 glitched outfit, and that was my favourite one. I spent 15£ on a Nea set, and I only wanted to change the shirt. Because the head and the pants look amazing. 15£ is quite a lot for me, and by patching the outfit glitch, I feel a bit robbed. I know I shouldn't because you weren't supposed to glitch those outfits in the first place. But really, why would they want to make cosmetics and outfits and not letting us use those to their fullest potential? It ridiculous, nothing can go wrong with unlinking the sets for the original characters. It would just make the community happier.

And once again, I don't care about the licensed characters. But unlink the originals linked sets pwease.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Like always, the excuse is worse than the decision.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes, how correct, the few linked liscenced sets are totally a good reason to link everything forevermore

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Licenses that have a link are fine. It's weird that Leatherface wasn't the exception at first then became the exception. For those who don't know, his cosmetic was linked at first than wasn't. That feels weird, but we'll assume it's the license holders having a change of heart.

Konami sucks with their stuff. I apologize for speaking these dreaded words, but they truly do. Their games are fun, but when it comes to giving their content to someone else to use, they're very very strict on the idea.

Capcom is... weird. They're a mix bag of loose and strict at times, I've mainly seen lose, but I'll take the word of the devs and say they decided for their cosmetics to be linked.

Legendary links are fine.

Everything else? Get rid of it. You're forcing people to spend more money for a hat that they want.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

They literally changed Leon and Jill’s outfits from unlinked to linked in a hotfix.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

The funny thing is that there are plenty of cosmetics for licensed characters that arent linked either so why didnt license holders have an issue back then?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

I imagine the OG characters set got fixed, because the set system is the same between licensed and non-licensed characters. There's no real reason to create separate code that handles the same thing.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

It's more tolerable to live in a crappy world if you at least look good.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I'm sorry her what one? If you mean her Oktoberfest one- a typical German celebration, not from Hawaii- then we're on the same page again. If you mean a different linked Kate set you've completely lost m ebecause she only has the Oktoberfest outfit.

Meg's one isn't linked, btw. And the head piece works fine with a load of other cosmetics.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Even if that tweet is true, why just not let people buy whole sets and then unlock it for them so they can mix it at their own leisure? At least non licenced ones

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

This would require them to actually test each part with every possible combination costing more.