Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Running 'Pop goes the weasel' and 'Hex: Ruin' at the same time?

I was in twitch stream and asked why does he bother with Pop if he's never going to kick a generator. Chat stated that you literally can't kick a gen if you have Ruin up.

I can't test this since I don't have either perks, but is that true and working as intended? If true, wouldn't you want to run one or the other but not both?

Best Answers

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242
    Answer ✓

ruin is for early game or for when they get a pepega totem spawn and pop is more for later in the game, explaining it may not make sense but playing it makes more sense

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Answer ✓

Yes you can't kick a generator with ruin, but it's your ''plan B'' ruin doesn't last long if you are not running undying, so pop becomes your second option once ruin is cleansed.

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290
    Answer ✓

you cant kick with ruin up because ruin regresses gens and you cant kick a regressing gens.

The reason to run both is because once ruin is gone, you dont have much else slowdown for alot of the killers in the game. It helps alot to have that backup especially since ruin can go away 10 seconds into the match.

Answers

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Pop is a backup for when Ruin gets cleanse 20 seconds into the match.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Its true you can't kick a regressing gen. I don't like the idea of running them together but the idea makes sense, pop is for when your ruin is eventually found and destroyed. I'd rather run corrupt vs ruin since ill always be able to kick gens and still have some slowdown at the start.

• SacrilegeGG
    SacrilegeGG Member Posts: 85

It's true, you can't kick a gen that's already regressing, and Ruin immediately regresses all gens that aren't actively being repaired.

Some killers like to run both so that, if Ruin gets found and destroyed, they still have a perk to slow down gens.

Pop/Ruin used to be a little more commonplace, but since Undying released it's mostly been a Ruin/Undying meta for gen control, as Ruin typically stays up much longer.

Quick tip that not everyone is aware of: Surge works through Ruin, and will apply its instant regression even if the gens within its radius are already regressing under Ruin. Ruin/Surge is a great combo if you can't or don't want to run Ruin/Undying.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

pop is there as a backup plan for when Ruin gets destroyed.

even though you'll miss out on some pop charges, this combination is ridiculously effective

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Pop helps keeps gens from going too quickly when ruin is destroyed to some extent, not as powerful but gen defence is needed unless you are a really, really good player.

Sometimes, rarely, you don't need pop as ruin gets a good place to spawn but it's a just in case scenario. I run both.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Pop is the backup plan, for when Ruin inevitably gets cleansed.