The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you think they should remove that 50-50 element from the Spirit's kit?

XsashagreyX
XsashagreyX Member Posts: 10

Do you think they should remove that 50-50 element from the Spirit's kit? 27 votes

No, the Spirit is balanced as it is
29%
GlamourousLeviathanWarcrafter4psionicTsukiYureigetuy45u4iuViktor1853syain[Deleted User] 8 votes
Yes, I want skill based chases not luck based ones
51%
White_OwlGoshJoshRoboMojoMadLordJackDerZuntorglitchboiFobboKillerKirbyGannTMDistortedDreamKarao_Keash13TumbleElfTrickstaaaaa 14 votes
Doesn't really matter because a good Spirit will always catch up to you regardless
18%
AdelooAwkward_FiendIlliterateGenocideNoOneKnowsNovaShinVibing 5 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    edited June 2021
    Doesn't really matter because a good Spirit will always catch up to you regardless

The problem I've always had with Spirit, even if you know where she is or what shes doing, she knows where you are too so it doesnt matter at all.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Losing to bad luck is the worst thing in this game. I'd much prefer to lose to someone who earned it than lose to guesswork.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

It's always fun when you think a Spirit is phasing & go down because she was just waiting there the entire time.

That is not skill, that is free hits from an abusable element in her kit that could easily be changed.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I assume you're referring to the stand-still "mindgame"? If so, then yeah just remove it entirely. Good Spirits would be mostly un-phased and bad Spirits would be more heavily punished. Seems like a win-win to me.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440
    edited June 2021
    No, the Spirit is balanced as it is

After it's been proven you can tell with close to 100% accuracy when the spirit starts phasing, the "standing still" mindgame only really works against people who don't know about or refuse to learn about how her animation loops work. Yes she can be overly opressive depending on her addons but I don't think the 50-50 aspect of hers is as big of a problem as it once was.