What is your win condition?

gendoss
gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I feel like it's a really big problem that there is no official win condition. I mean, how could you ever have a competitive game with no win condition? That's impossible. So most people just make it up. I generally like to use the method that Otzdarva does when he does his win streaks where if at least one person gets out through the exit gate with all gens powered it's a loss for the killer. That may seem a little harsh but I like giving myself a challenge. So what are your win conditions, and I don't mean "get 4 BBQ stacks", I mean a legitimate win condition that you are satisfied with?

Comments

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

knowing i gatekept the gens for awhile is nice.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I'm personally happy if I manage to kill 2 survivors. But even if I don't, having a tense and interactive match is enough to satisfy me.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Killer:

• 3k with hatch
    • 2 escape with key.

Survivor:

• Gate open at least 1 survivor out
  • Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Get some hooks or even some 1-2 kills and I am fine. Hooks are usualy enough for me if it at least 5+ per game (8+ is rly good).

I don't focus much on kills unless someone is asking for it ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    edited June 2021

Killer: Did I have fun?

A game where everyone escapes but it was tense and nothing boring or cheap happened, thats fine by me.

Survivor: Did I have fun?

A game where everyone died but it was tense and nothing boring or cheap happened, thats fine by me.

And obviously there is a factor of doing your challenge, if I did the challenge and that was my goal of that match and I dont care about the rest of it.

Winning is so arbitrary, you could camp and 4k, wow...you totally won...but what did it matter? what did you achieve? there has to be a challenge that you overcome or deal with to the best of your ability.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Personal survivor goal: Surviving is a win.

Team survivor goal: 3 people get out the gate, even if i have to sacrifice myself for it, is a win. 2 Escape through gates are a draw. Taking the hatch is a loss (unless gens are done anyway)

Killer: 3 people out of the exit gates is a loss, 3k is a win, 2k2e is a draw.

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154

Honestly I have several. Completing challenges, did I at least play well, was it a fun and close game, did I get better by throwing the game to chase the good looper / loop the good killer, did I pip?

Usually I can find some way to call each game a "win" in a sense.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

As killer, a 3K with last getting hatch/exit gate (exit gate only due to me closing the hatch, not them completing all gens) or a 4K.

As survivor, simply escaping through an exit gate.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

This. I used to sweat for the 4K every game. Nowadays I just go for a decent number of hooks and a safety pip or pip (unless I'm in a REALLY sweaty mood).

And the best part? Because I'm not specifically going for the win, I don't -need- slowdown perks in my build. I can try doing some weird ######### with my perks. It's great.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Winning as a survivor : escaping

Winning as a killer: 3k or 4k

However DBD isn't a competitive game and I'm not playing to "win the game", so how i feel about my games depends on the performance more than the results, meaning as a survivor i'm happier if i loop properly and end up dying to save a teammate rather than playing stealthy the entire game and escaping, and as killer i'm happier if I get 6 hooks but no kills against good survivors bc i outplayed them rather than getting an ez 4k by camping or bc the survivors are new to the game.

Also typically i have a challenge equipped and my only 'objective' is getting it done (or a daily).

• Forrestgump
    Forrestgump Member Posts: 60

Killer: 4 BBQ stacks and 2 kills minimum.

Survivor: a pip is a win for me.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

Killer:

1) Daily or tome challenge done.

2) 4 bbq stacks.

3) SWF dead.

Survivor:

1) Daily or tome challenge done.

2) good score and as many wglf stacks as possible without throwing the game.

3) Any escape.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213
    edited June 2021

20k+/25k+ BP (survivor/killer)

Even if I die or get less than 3K, getting that much BP usually means I did a load of stuff well.

But for killer "4 BBQ stacks" ain't bad either.

Too much RNG to have such a narrow win condition as '4K or Escape'.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I only go by kills. 4-0 or 3-1 kills then killer wins. 1-3, 1-4 killer lose and 2-2 is a draw.

As survivor if I die but the rest escaped that is 3-1 for my team and we won, for example.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,570

Killer: 3 or 4 kills.

Survivor: Me and at least 1 teammate managed to escape.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited June 2021
    • 4 BBQ stacks is the I'LL TAKE IT win.
    • 4 K or 3K + hatch escape is the BASIC win.
    • +2 mori with Devour is the SATISFYING win
    • Having fun with the survivor, like have some moments where you laugh out loud is the FUN win.
  • gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

3k and up, or if I left the match happy with how I performed.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

The majority of dead by daylight's player base is full of casual players as this game isn't considered highly competitive in the slightest. As such, I personally don't care about dying to the killer or having survivors escape so long as I have a balanced match, which sadly is few and far between.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

I don't think I have a win condition.

I used to play to level up so a pip was a win and depip was a loss.

Now, I don't care. I play for fun, to do challenges and try stupid builds.

Yesterday, me and a friend both had the challenge where you need to bring the killer to a generator using one of Zarina's perks.

It was a huntress on midwich with Iron Maiden.

We both worked on the same gen so we would have more chances of calling her over and it was just hilarious, we ran head on just in case and we were laughing our heads off the entire match.

I felt bad for the other two survivors but I think they understood what we were doing and cracked on.

We died, got really low BP but we had fun after a few very sweaty matches.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Pip, black pip is a loss

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

My win condition is how many hooks I get.

If all survivors escape but I got 8 hooks, I won't be upset.

• ethan99
    ethan99 Member Posts: 154

My win condition is fun, for both survivor/killer.

As survivor I will happily give a kill to a new nurse etc.

As killer if I think your a new survivor I will give you exit gates/hatch. Unless you BM in which case you die.

I don't care about BP/Rank etc.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

If I feel satisfied. Did I leave with one kill but I got the toxic survivor? Win in my book.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I go by Identity V standards. 3k = Killer win, 1k = Survivors win, 2k = Draw

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

If a match ends and I'm not feeling frustrated or agitated I'd call it a win. Generally if that happens it means I had fun and that's what I play the game for.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

4 BBQ stacks is a win.

Having my only kill be the inappropriately high Red Rank of the group is a win.

Killing all the survivors holding flashlights is a win.

• WeeabooAqua
    WeeabooAqua Member Posts: 60

A thrilling chase, that or actually getting scared/jump scared.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Ive come to accept that a 4k every game isn't realistic. Im okay with even 1k and a positive pip, but fun matches are more important.

I tried Trickster yesterday for my daily. Fortunately I got 3 level 20s (I wonder if MMR is still on since I never played him before and never get level 20s). I had 1k, BBQ stacks, completed my Daily and I pip up. So I was happy with that

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

3k because I killedn over half the team. I dont bother with slugging for the 4th it is boring af, and I dont care for hatch

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

4k- curb stomped the team

3k- Win

2- Tie

1-k Loss

0k- Got myself curb stomped.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

Successfully enjoying a match. Been losing a lot lately :/

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

If I can get a hook on all survivors... That's a win for me

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565
    edited June 2021

Having fun. Even if I don't escape or get any hooks

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    edited June 2021

3k, but I'm good with almost anything if the survivors can hold off from being obnoxious #########.

Seriously, why is it that pretty much every single survivor waits at the exit gates and brings the most annoying possible perks and then complains that the queue times are so long? I mean, if it were only 70% of the survivors I faced, that would make sense, but not 98%.