Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are some survivors against slugging?

I prefer to get slugged over hooked any day. At least this way I have a chance of being saved with no repercussions. I don't get it. It's not like being hooked is super fun 😂

Comments

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Crawling simulator isn't fun. Also its situational. I've been slugged with 5 gens up and only 1 other survivor alive. Not very fun... There are some situations where being left on the ground may work out to your advantage as a survivor but most often its usually just an annoying thing to have to go through.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Dangling on a hook isn't fun. The survivor is sidelined from the gameplay, unable to participate, and at the mercy of others. If they need to, they can suicide, maybe giving a teammate the hatch.

Being slugged isn't fun. The survivor is sidelined from the gameplay, unable to participate, and at the mercy of others. They have no self-agency, as they cannot suicide and are stuck on the ground, possibly for 4 minutes while they bleed out.

Then there are other conditions like perk loadouts, tome challenges, and daily rituals, all of which can affect a player's attitude towards their opponent's playstyle.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Because they don't want the killer to have any options in how they play. Honestly with the amount of healing speed perks why would you not want to be slugged? Oh...i know why, they don't want to depend on teammates to help them in dire situations, even though the 4 survivors are a team and that team should be = to the killer.

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61

I agree with the opinion that it's not fun because it is effective. No one goes: "Oh no, you downed me! Please hook me, don't leave me here!" . Most survivors squirm away from the killer when they get downed hence they don't want to be picked up. You get a second chance when you're slugged. You're not guaranteed success but it's better than losing 1 of your lives.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Its more about pressure than necessarily snowballing. If i got one slug, im chasing someone then someone has to get off a gen to get the slug. Works best if someones on hook too and you got stbfl, thats when we get into snowball territory.

Not a great idea though if you dont see someone right in front of you when you drop the slug.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Slugging as a concept is necessary for Killer gameplay because they simply don't have enough time to 3 hook everyone and still comfortably win the match. If you're playing your absolute hardest and want to win before all the gens get done (which many do) then they will usually slug survivors who aren't worth picking up and hooking (aka someone on 1st hook)

However, just because it's an effective strat - doesn't mean it's exactly healthy. I would rather be hooked than slugged - why? Because the killer has to waste time picking me up, taking me to a hook and then resume what they were doing. If they slug me, they down me then they can immediately begin pressuring others elsewhere, while I'm on the ground doing nothing.

It is also much easier to unhook a survivor than it is to pick someone up off the ground - unhooking takes roughly 2 seconds as opposed to the roughly 16 seconds it takes to pick someone up off the ground (either 16 seconds of healing or like 14 seconds of recovery). Survivors off the hook also have BT, DS, their exhaustion perk refreshed and so on.

There is nothing more frustrating than being slugged for upwards of 20 seconds, getting picked up only to then instantly go down again

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Are you talking about normal slugging or slugging where the killer refuses to hook anyone and slugs until every survivor bleeds out

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Well, the best comparison I can come up with, is being slugged is kinda like why DS/Head On isn't fun as killer. You're out of the game for the amount of time you're being slugged. Can't do anything to progress the game and you're only able to lie still and recover or crawl very slowly.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Because laying on ground for 4 minutes doing nothing isn't fun. Let me be able to speed up the timer once I've reached "find help" or have collected a crow and I won't mind it so much. Hooked survivor can speed up the 2 minute hook time by attempting escape and ignoring 2 skill checks, meanwhile I'm stuck on ground for 4 minutes with 3 crows while killer stays nearby waiting for the teammate that is locker hopping across the map waiting on me to die.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

Double standards survivors can play and do whatever they want. But killers get yelled at for everything.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I don't mind being slugged because I run SOUL GUARD as a base perk :)

• Jasix

Oh please. The killer mains on these boards complain just as much about Survivor perks/tactics as the survivor mains do about killer perks/tactics.

Or have you missed the 1,824 threads complaining about: Dead Hard & Unbreakable?

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

People complaing about perks has nothing to do with playstyle buddy. And rightfully so dead hard used right is basically another health state and is ridiculous strong.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Ikr, like with the amount of times someone gets slugged, just think about how many hooks that is.

It's probably the most engaging way of de ranking for the killer.

Also, yeah it's good that a hook state isn't permanently gone yet.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Find me a team i can depend on and I won't mind anything.

Yeah, cause killers don't endlessly ######### about hatch, items and survivor Perks.

• Jasix

OK then.. have you missed the 773 threads about killers complaining about teabagging/flashlight clicking? I mean that is a playstyle/action that literally does nothing to the killer but sets off their feelings/bruises their egos - yet there are a crap ton of threads about them.

These boards are full of whiners from both killer AND survivor mains. I play 50/50 and find it hilarious at the majority of the posts that "mains" put on these forums - overtly biased and full of hyperbole about sums up most "mains" posts. But yes - please continue propagating even more divisiveness - because that's what these forums need - more bias and hyperbole.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

... because a killer that is slugging you is also not just going to let you get back up again. They will redown you and slug you again - or your mate.

worst part is, that most people do it to further draw out the game. the oh so well known "slug for the 4k" - alias the killer needlessly extending a game that they already won just for the extra sweat and because they cant accept that the game is not designed for them to get the 4k every single time.

and sitting there for 4 minutes just waiting to slowly bleed out is extremely boring. at least the hooks is only 2 minutes - and both can be sped up.

i absolutely dont mind a killer not picking me up because he is going after someone else right away - thats called applying map pressure and if the other guy was outpositioned, why would you let them go as a killer? anything else i absolutely despise though.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

I dont like to search 5+ minutes for a game to roll around around the floor for half the match.

Temporary slugging is fine if the killer is trying to get a quick hit on a nearby survivor but killers that go out of their way to keep people on the floor is stupid.