The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is this forum like 90% killer mains ?

Venzhas
Venzhas Member Posts: 684
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Most of the threads i see are basically "nerf survs"

I noticed that, if someone dares to defend survs, or having opinions against killer gameplay, hes immediatly, mocked, not being taken serious, while all the ones blaming survs and anything that concerns them gets tons of upvotes..

It's my impartial point of view tho.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Also doesn't help when they don't respond to my disagreements

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61

a killer perspective? aww, thanks <3 Your perspective is cool too!

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169
    edited June 2021

Edit: Eh, that joke didn't land as well as I thought it would in my head and rereading it is kinda cringe fam as you kids would say so I changed my mind...

Edit 2: for the record, I don't see myself as an either side main as I play both sides relatively equally. Maybe a 60/40 in favor of the killer side

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Indeed. It's honestly more like 70/30 these days because I can't sit through the queue times for Survivor

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Im 40/60. Surv side. Cause i have loads of friends playing. God we arent even 50/50 anymore. We failed the forums :(

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

only true 50/50 players may use this forums! FOR IT IS WRITTEN IN THE SACRED...the sacred... something... probably... maybe.

anyway

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

Oh man, why would you remind people about Game of Thrones with that meme? You're a monster.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I've been using the DbD forum for about three years now.

Back when the forum was fairly new, I would say the membership was split 50/50. 50% were killer mains and 50% were survivor mains (roughly speaking). However, recently the membership has skewed toward killer mains. Not sure by how much. Obviously this fluctuates back and forth. Some of the old forum members have moved on, new people have joined, and of course people change their perspectives.

As a reference, the Steam forum tends to be killer biased. And the reddit page is fairly neutral with a slight survivor bias.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near 90% but it definitely seems like there are more killer biased players than survivor biased players here. Maybe they're just more vocal, though.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I'm a killer main but I try to see both sides. Like I personally think DS should activate more than once. I'm going to speak my mind if its something I disagree with I disagree with it.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778

I definitely agree that the forum and r/deadbydaylight are disproportionately killer sided. I play both sides and consider myself to have a pretty balanced perspective, but on here I feel like I end up talking down killer-sided perspectives way more often than survivor-sided ones.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited June 2021

Idk where your only seeing survivor nerfs but there's been endless complaining about killers and killer mains on those forum.

I mean you'd have to purposely as its hard not to see dozens of them a day here.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited June 2021

I do feel like there is a bit more killer-bias here, but I wouldn't say it's shifted the forums as a whole. With that being said, I do believe it's because killers have more balance-related problems (ex. not being the power role in high ranks, etc) so they tend to speak up more.

I've had many times on these forums where I'd defend a point from one side and be called a "killer main" or "survivor main" which has always made me laugh considering it happens so often. I always try to keep my arguments as unbiased as possible but some people just feel like anything that differs from their opinion is attacking them, to which they then do the same. Funnily enough, I've even been called a killer main just because of my Oni profile pic despite playing survivor 95% of the time. Weird.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Yeah, no it's not. Like this game it isn't grossly unbalanced.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Yes, definitely. There are more killer mains than survivor on the forums. The squeaky wheel, don't you know? They live in a constant fear of their easy mode being balanced so they shout the loudest here. Take note of how many 'vote ups' any suggestion that is killer sided gets (or conversely how few a survivor sided suggestion gets) and you can easily see that this is a fact.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

"Us vs them" posters are now making conspiracy theory now, i thought steam was pretty bad in that regard

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239

I'm a Killer main and I can recognize that this game is killer sided. It's not an issue with it being "killer mains", but moreso with it being people letting bias cloud their judgement.

The game starts off killer sided when you are new. Then switches to survivor sided. And then eventually goes back to killer sided once you get good at a killer. It's so easy to just smash a game or get at least a 2k every game by playing very fair/giving some (or a lot) of mercy.

And then if you add on all the really strong perks killers have been getting lately, then it's just overkill.

• Wedeguy
    Wedeguy Member Posts: 278
    edited June 2021

Yeah it is. they cry about surivors and swfs. justifying tunneling on 4-5 gens while not recognizing that the game is the most ez for killer than it ever was.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Goes both ways mate.

1 side blames the other, always has been always will be.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

I play both. 60% surv 40% killer

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235

That Van guy is actually everywhere it’s kinda scary

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Exactly; preach. Good suggestions, well thought out commentary that stands on its own doesn't get mocked. It doesn't matter which role it is talking about either.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am killer main and also i am survivor main.

I paid for game and all dlcs. So why i have to play just one role?

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

I think it’s an exaggeration, it’s just that survivor mains make ridiculous claims and suggestions that would make killers more laughable than serious.

It’s what you get when the player doesn’t play both of the roles. You don’t have a fair perspective and many of what a survivor/killer may find unfair goes both ways.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

ever seen just a guy without a mustache? this is nothing