Getting sick of the disconnects

Purgatorian
Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Whether the game boots them or they do it intentionally, disconnects are making games so boring. Since the penalty is not available most games today have had 3 people dc. They steal the bp that I desperately need to beat the grind and it's beyond a joke now.

Please bhvr hurry up and fix this mess and reactivate the penalty. I know it won't stop it completely but I have never seen so many people dc since the penalty became active.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

It's been very strange. I just got back from a week vacation (so no DBD) and with how many threads I saw on this topic, I thought for sure it would be a painful mess of a time but at least out of the six games I've played today, one person DC'ed (and I barely count that as they DC'ed on the hook after the party let them hit 2nd stage).

I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or what it is. I have avoided playing Nemesis as it sounds like it's still a huge mess for people so maybe that's part of it?

• Purgatorian
    edited June 2021

I don't believe in dcing. I have no grounds for complaining if I do that. I will never intentionally dc no matter what map, killer or items are in the game or how badly it's going.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited June 2021

If you aren't playing scummy it's probably something going on that you don't see like someone being useless urban evading the entire match and they don't want to deal with team mates like that.

Could also juat be the killer or some unintentional way your playing. For example I'll disconnect vs a basement trapper. Complete waste of time.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

speaking of quitting because of certain killers nobody has dc-ed against me playing Rin yet.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175
    edited June 2021

Lmao the same people like you who say this complain about gen-rushing.

If you don't care about the other team's enjoyment, then thats ok. But you don't get to be entitled and expect people to stick around in your matches. Can't have it both ways. :)

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

This game is so broke right now that certain matches literally give me a headache, from all the lag and frame-drops. I have dced a couple times just because of how bad it has gotten some matches.

• HaunterofShadows

on this topic surprisingly nobody has dc-ed against me being spirit yet which is weird because you know spirit

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

On a positive note, the number of camping tunneling sweaty killers has gone down considerably.

So that's a positive.

• MikaKim

This.

For those who are stuck whining, read his comment again.

The D/C penalty was so far round the bend that the rest of the game hasn't had a chance to catch up. All the devs have done is offsided a % of the population with unfair penalties.

• MikaKim

A percentage of the killer base on these forums is in short, entitled.

It's like those OP SWF games they always talk about. Yes, they're out there but the percentage of those games you encounter is so low. But with all the whining you'd think it was every second game.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I had this so many times yesterday as killer and survivor, I kept losing pips too when the killer would leave at the right moment.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited June 2021

You make a good case for bringing them back

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

And then do you know what people then ? They. Just kill themself on hook … and then people complain about people killing themselves …

do you not notice when the dc penalty is active all people complain about is dying on hook either way people will do it regardless. And a penalty is not going to stop it. maybe if the game was stable didn’t have such ass hitboxes, lag/connection issues, poor frame rate and people playing in a-holes way this wouldn’t happen.

Explain to me if someone leaves straight away why should people have to stay in the game ?

do you kno how many games as a solo player I have entered a game and someone kills themself on hook straight away …. And then we are forced to stay in the game and farm because the killer don’t want to d-rank… on both sides I couldn’t care less if I don’t get a 4k and I also couldn’t care less if I don’t escape this is a causal game people need to understand this

• MissKitty95

dcing don’t matter to me at all lol if people want to leave coz of reasons let them, & at red ranks yes 8-10 games when some1 dcs or kills themself striaght up the killer starts farming to maintain there precious “rank1”

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

No, my game crashed last night when i was opening gate. First they needs fix crash problems and then they can add penalty time back.

• MissKitty95

anyone Can dc ….Killers and survioirs I don’t care if people ain’t having fun then let them leave….you play games to have fun right ?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I do play games to have fun. That's why, if a game is no longer fun, I stop playing it. I don't launch it and queue up just to ruin everyone else's fun.

• Aneurysm

You're telling me that if you queue 10-15 minutes for a survivor game and the killer quits instantly because they don't like the map or the first gen got done too fast you'd be 100% fine with that?

I'm not sure I believe it

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Not necessarily. A Yui in a match I just played in DC'd because she decided that jumping into a locker in my face was a fantastic idea. She obviously got grabbed and then instantly DC'd. FYI, I wasn't playing Spirit or Twins and the match had literally just started so it's not like they DC'd because I was being unpleasant. They just made a profoundly stupid play and then DC'd for no real reason. So yeah, people are kinda just abusing the lack of a penalty (Which is exactly why the DC penalty was introduced in the first place).

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

It's temporary while the game is super unstable. Can everyone stop whining about this?

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Please tell me where you're finding these killers because I've only had one killer out of seven games tonight who doesn't camp and tunnel.

• MissKitty95

you must not understand what I mean.. who loads up a game just to dc… I’m talking in the match not every game is unfun but if people are not having fun when they are playing that match then let them do what they want to do

what makes it worst people go on like people dc every game I play this game every day and only in about 1 games out of 10 do ppl dc and if your a killer and people keep dcing against you ( in a general term not you the op im writing to) then I suggest you look at either your connection or the way your playing…

This game has to many bugs, connection problems, issues, crashes, stability problems for consoles and pc users, unfun mechanics for both sides oh and not to mention the Anticheat system is ass…. to be penalising people for leaving a game it’s laughable

this is the only game I have played out of 250 games in my library this is the only game that forces people to stay in a game.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

It can be, but I’ve found the games where survivors are DCing, they bring a key in, and once they get down to 2 gens after gen rushing and two people have baited chases, and lost said chases, DCs quickly happen. These are rank 1-6 players, going against a rank 15 killer with one perk. Go figure 🤷‍♀️

• MissKitty95

Yes I would not be bothered at all, I’ve endured a lot playing this game a dc or 15 min don’t bother me 😂

• MikaKim

I agree with @MissKitty95 I personally make my own fun.

Also, you provide a bad example.

Most killers don't leave like that, so your talking about the exception to the rule, so impact is minimal. Also who has 10-15min survivor queue times, I don't.

Furthermore, only a stupid killer would leave. Games are based on attrition, the longer a game goes the less survivors have at their disposal to survive, which obviously benefits killers.

As such it's mainly survivors who leave, because when you get camped tunneled out of the game by a sweaty killer, you leave with about 2k if this happens right at the start of a game. There's literally no point to stay beyond some ethical moralisation.

• Aneurysm
    edited June 2021

I usually have 10+ minutes queue time as survivor and instant as killer after about 5pm.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I get how frustrating it can be, but i doubt the timer changed it much, if people are tilted and wanna DC, they will do it, soft bans never stopped or prevented anyone from doing it.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Some of them may not be intentional. I've had my game crash twice in the middle of a match since this new chapter.

• HaunterofShadows
    edited June 2021

or its salty survivors. I've had dc's from

downing someone with victor

grabbing someone off a gen

downing someone for the second time

downing someone in general

If its tunneling or camping I can understand the dc but people are dc-ing simply for being downed and that is not the killers fault thats the survivors being salty.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Someone DCd against me even though it was the beginning of the match. First chase, not a single hit yet. I'm struggling seeing the map and using JoyCons so it takes me a few tries to get through the shack doorway and I get caught on a lot of walls. Guy disconnected after I lost track of him during the chase.

Right now I'm an escape simulator. People will DC for any reason.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,037
    edited June 2021

Please remember to keep the discussion civil and respectful, and to stay on topic.

Also a quick reminder that the advocation, encouragement, or endorsement of Unsportsmanlike Conduct (DCing) is against Forum Rules, please be careful not to do so.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

This has nothing to do with it. I've been playing even on survivor teams. and it's happening almost every time.

• see a killer you don't like/ gone
    • be the first one downed/ gone
    • first one on a hook/ gone.
    • can't mess with the killer because they're not falling for it/ gone.
  • Kangaroohugs
    Kangaroohugs Member Posts: 38

There have been SO many d/c's, in all level ranks. I try not to d/c (thanks internet.. actually working when there is no d/c penalty...), but I killed myself on hook three times yesterday because I ran the killer for what should have been 2-3 gens and when I got put on hook... my teammates were all crouching on the other side of the map ;/ I'll take my dismal BP and just move on to the next- but I won't just d/c because the killer downed me. People have been doing this constantly.

• Purgatorian

But it stops them from entering another game for a short time to give someone else a boring game and annoying people

The non intentional ones I can understand. Are they running and looping in a chase then dc, probably the game. Have they outplayed me twice on a loop and I didn't fall for it a 3rd time and down them, instant dc, I see that as intentional. The worst one I hate is 2 people left, 1 or 2 gens left, someone runs me for a short time then stands still, dc, the other gets insta hatch.

Thank you for reminding those that endorse this behaviour, appreciate it.

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264
    edited June 2021

Good stuff.

This is becoming a meme show honestly.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

And killers dont wanna be in games where they gotta sweat cause its basically almost a genrush/safe map, yet survivors are the only one having fun you know?

But Killers as a general, DC way less often then survivors (ans its sadder to see a killer DC tbh)

Survivors DC whenever they are angry

Bad map? DC

Dont like the killer? Get downed first? The killer brought a mori or ad on you dont like ? Forgot to equip your overboosted médit with 4 heals? DC

(alright that last one is a bit extreme lol)

But you see what i mean, on this game players are babies and DC for every and anything, its so sad