My problem with new players

So as you know the new Resident Evil chapter has arrived in DBD, and with has come a bunch of new players (it has increased by about 30,000 people). Now this is good and all but its not exactly fun to be playing with new players all the time.

With the new MMR system being added, rank reset, and a bunch of new players, the game is really difficult to play.

Most new killers are struggling to play because all the survivors are far better than them (due to rank reset and the MMR), so most of them have resorted to camping or tunneling. This makes for really depressing games.

On the other hand, as survivor, most of the other players are also new making games that end basically as you get hooked because they are too scared to rescue you (or don't know how).

This also effects killers because you can get put with really bad/new survivors as well, which makes for really boring games because you either win super fast or they are all just hiding.

Let me know if you guys agree/diagree with this, or if your experiencing the same issues! :)

Comments

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

I'm not defending people who just straight up camp in every single scenario.

But I will say, sometimes you gotta camp. Unless it's end game, who cares I would rather the survivors just leave.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

Mmr places you with teammates with similar skill levels. So it’s a benefit to the game. Rank doesn’t mean you’re good as we all know. I’m 100% in favor of the mmr system, but I get why killers with no skill looking to get that way 4K may feel threatened by it. Hate to see it.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

If there are 30,000 new players to the game, why are killers the only ones adversely affected? Are you saying all 30,000 new players are killers? The game is way easier as a beginner for killers than survivors.

• TumbleElf
    TumbleElf Member Posts: 48

no I’m not saying that. I always mentioned newer survivors.

• TumbleElf

I’m not blaming it on anybody. It’s just the way it is, and I’m only making this post because the number of people camping has majorly increased recently. Also I’m kinda annoyed that new players are only winning due to camping. I want them to improve so it’s more fun for everybody.

• DrJohn
    DrJohn Member Posts: 223

I guess sheep will take care of you and your family are doing good on their own and I don't know what to do with the game but I think I am going to be nerfed and the bread is the best thing I can talk about that I have for you even though I have to go back to school but I'm not sure if you want to go to the store and get a few things but I will be in Portland and you can get the chance to go to bed then I guess sheep will take it out and get it tomorrow and I will be home in about that time I guess sheep

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

this video is about fighting games. but it still applies here

people are allowed to just play a game for fun without trying to improve.

• drpynz
    drpynz Member Posts: 247
  • TumbleElf

Yeah I get it more now. It just really bugs me that the only way they have fun is by camping/tunneling, it would be so nice if there was a “casual” or quick play version of DBD. Like it would split the player base and increase queue times but it’s not like there would be any matchmaking in the quick play version. You could sweat in ranked and chill in quick play!

this idea has probs already been discussed before anyway ;)

• TumbleElf

This man is spitting facts. I can really relate to this not gonna lie. It addresses so many problems with dbd and the food that it provides. It also brings up a good point about sheep. I’m in, I don’t know about anybody else.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Your concerns are valid, but with all these new players, it's to be expected that in the first month, for example, they make mistakes or play in a way that will change later, as they learn more of the game.

One thing I think we should have and don't, is a training mode. Really, I think it's important for people to be able to learn the game without having to go against other players or play in a team right away. The bots in the tutorials make me hope that a training mode could be coming in the future.

For example, I have been playing for years but I haven't played as Nemesis yet. I know that the first few times playing as him will be annoying, with me trying to learn things while playing against others. It would be much better to have a mode where I could try some things, see how he works best. And that goes for new players too, letting them learn more of both sides before dumping them in the main game.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

Personally I wouldn’t mind going up against new killers, but that rarely happens for me. I usually get new TEAMMATES vs. experienced red rank killers which pisses me the hell off. I’m like “what is this matchmaking??”

• drakonukaris
    drakonukaris Member Posts: 132

It would really help if this game had a proper tutorial. It's so laughably bad and teaches you almost nothing about the game and further more it is not forced for some reason.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

If you feel there's a high amount of killers camping and tunneling now, try running builds focused on countering that kind of gameplay. If a killer camps and tunnel someone other than you, stuff like blast mine/better together+prove thyself will put a lot of pressure on the killer and force a depip on him, if you get tunneled and camped, think on frequently running stuff like DS, camaraderie, adrenaline, etc.

Honestly I feel the game hasn't changed that much, it felt like a 50% 50% before where killers would either focus on just one surv, even tanking a ds and stay on them for all 5 gens or facecamp the hook and killers playing the game efficiently getting as much pressure as they can afford. Mainly the difference to me right now is the frequency of purple/red rank survs that will last in chase from healthy to downed state around 15 seconds, but I don't really mind, the bigger this game gets and more revenue it receives the more resources will be put on fixing the current ######### and unacceptable state its on.