The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How to fix ranks.

Survivors get one pip only and only when they escape
Killer get one pip only and only if he/she has 3+more kills
Double pip gets if they have gathered enough points survivors 9.000 and killer 12.000
Save pip if they only have the points and no the main objective.
Di-pip if they have no of the others two
What do you think ?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I like that the emblem system takes more into account than just escaping and killing.
    BUT it needs to be a lot harder to pip for both sides AND escaping and killing should have more impact on the score

In my eyes its absolutely ridiculous that a 4k can result in a blackpip, but you can pip with zero kills

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@Master the think devs believe that survivors lose more because they don't escape more than 50% so i just meid a rank system with that idea.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Only problem is that is promotes cheap tactics for the killer to get kills, *cough* *cough* camping and tunneling.
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    I think the old system worked better

Now as survivor to pip you have to play stupid
    And as killer to pip you hope they don't genrush too fast

Overall they made pip too easy but with restrictions on how you should play to pip regardless on what you did or ended the match

Flawed
  • efuru
    efuru Member Posts: 2
    They need to balance your point earning on how the game went. I got tunneled the entire last game and got 9K from just having some good chases and I lost a rank point. I shouldn’t lose a point because the killer wouldn’t leave me alone. 
  • DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    @JanTheMan any rank system can promote they as long killer had to kill

@Malakir the old system aloeall farm bot and even more selfish choice from the survivors and still rank up. This idea I bring to the table balanced the rank around the main objective of the game kills and escape. 

@efuru that is very hard to do because the survivors can abuse the and rank up faster. 
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I think rank is arbitrary and meaningless.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    edited December 2018

My take:

• Rank 1 is the lowest rank. Rank 100 is the highest.
    • You CANNOT derank or lose pips.
    • Make it harder to pip.
    • The lower your rank, the closer your "matching band" of rank. The higher you go, the wider your "matching band".
    • Your rank gets cut in half at end of season.

This way, when you aren't very good, you get ranked with not super good players at the lower ranks. As you get better, you start to get a wider birth of ranks, and start to filter in some players who might be a bit less skilled than you, but in general at least know how to play.

This would solve the problem of deranking on both sides, and offer a higher variety, yet still playable, skill levels at later ranks.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Making piping harder would have to be done simultaneously with improving matchmaking. Or a the very least matchmaking needs to be improved first. Players have to actively avoid double pipping to prevent massively long queue times which seems backwards imo.

The emblems that needs to be evaluated is benvolence for two reasons.
    1. A mere save and a heal gets a gold emblem which is absurd. Require at least two saves and two full heals to gain iridescent. 
    2. Leaving surviviours on hook when a killer decides to camp should not punish the whole teams benovolance.

Evader should award lightbringer points for containing a killer in a chase. By granting lb points for each gen completed but raise requirement for achieving higher emblems in lightbringer. 

Make rewards for evader points in regards to stealth higher. Survival needs an overhall simply escaping imo is not enough to warrant a gold emblem. Survival should include points for escaping but also be a category that is influenced by the other 3 emblems.Gens completed will grant survival emblem points, alongside safe hook rescues, healing and keeping long chases. 

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

I liked the old victory cube.

Killer should get judged by their ability to kill.
    Survivor should get judged by their ability to survive.

That would create real stats about killratios. and escaperates.

That would also show which killer are actually viable and can get the job done.

• Croz
    Croz Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2018

The main issue here the majority don't care about ranking up cuz there is no reason to get into a higher rank unless you wanna be frustrated at the game. I think before any ranking balance the devs need to make some sort of a motivation for players to rank up. Such as Shards or special skins to unlock would be a good motivation to make the game more competitive than it being a casual horror game for starters.

• @MisterCremaster said:
    My take:

• Rank 1 is the lowest rank. Rank 100 is the highest.
    • You CANNOT derank or lose pips.
    • Make it harder to pip.
    • The lower your rank, the closer your "matching band" of rank. The higher you go, the wider your "matching band".
    • Your rank gets cut in half at end of season.

This way, when you aren't very good, you get ranked with not super good players at the lower ranks. As you get better, you start to get a wider birth of ranks, and start to filter in some players who might be a bit less skilled than you, but in general at least know how to play.

This would solve the problem of deranking on both sides, and offer a higher variety, yet still playable, skill levels at later ranks.

This is dangerous though, since a singular season is only a month long. That punishes people who don't play the game constantly, but still want to climb. You have to take into account that each actual season is a month long. A month isn't much, unless you're one of those YouTubers and streams who ONLY play DBD. If they did something like this, they'd have to take an Overwatch take on seasons, or a R6S. Which is seasons that are months long. If they did something like that with a game like this, that might go wrong fairly quickly. It would lead to repetitive metas (worse than the ones that already exist), and gameplay that gets stale very quickly. It's already bad enough that the game is somewhat imbalanced and leaning towards the survivors, but something like heightening pip necessity would only make people frustrated. Making them want to play less. Which, in the end, leads to a game's demise. >

I'm glad the game takes more than K/D, or survival rate into consideration when awarding rank ups and pips, because if they didn't, people would only be ######### over one another to survive, and that'd be the end of it. It would be a dangerous loops of 1v1v1v1v1, with no real altruism or teamwork. Not getting awarded those pips at the end of the game for saving 3 people off of the hook, getting two gens and healing someone, would just make people see no point in doing it, and do it less.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Do you guys think that a seperate Unranked Mode would be popular? The Emblems would be there for points but not for Rank so everyone could get matched up normally but without Rank. Then there is the Ranked Mode for people who enjoy competing, of course for any real reason to keep playing that Ranked Mode, once again we would need a reason to get and stay there.

I really think that instead of cosmetics for Rank 1 we would need something temporary that you can only KEEP if you're high rank. Like more BP at High Rank or maybe increase the amount of Ultra Rare and Very Rare addons at that rank, or even special High Rank Perks for each Survivor and Killer, just one per of course. And when you go below the red ranks you lose those perks and those bonuses until you get back. You don't lose the addons but the percentage to get those addons.

• @HatCreature I don't know about making ultra rares and very rare's more-so available and exclusive to higher ranks.. Wouldn't that negate the point of the blood web? If getting high rank guarantees add ons that other people can't get if they aren't ranked as high as you are? I might be misinterpreting. I do think, though, that a casual mode vs. competitive mode is nice. However...

Since there's no real added game effect, and it all feels like one casual game until you hit about rank 10, I don't think there should be two separate game modes? It would feel like a waste. If people want to climb, they can climb. If they don't care, then they can just keep playing. Separating them would seem almost pointless.

• HatCreature

@DS_Gets_FaceCamped said:
    @HatCreature I don't know about making ultra rares and very rare's more-so available and exclusive to higher ranks.. Wouldn't that negate the point of the blood web? If getting high rank guarantees add ons that other people can't get if they aren't ranked as high as you are? I might be misinterpreting. I do think, though, that a casual mode vs. competitive mode is nice. However...

Since there's no real added game effect, and it all feels like one casual game until you hit about rank 10, I don't think there should be two separate game modes? It would feel like a waste. If people want to climb, they can climb. If they don't care, then they can just keep playing. Separating them would seem almost pointless.

Yes that is exactly what I mean, I just posted a thread about Prestiging and does the percentage of Ultra Rare and the like actually get higher with each Prestige and the answer was no, the only real difference was more Greens and less yellows but still 3 Purples and the occasional Red. Here's the Link https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/34124/noticeable-difference-with-ultra-rare-items-after-prestiging-your-killer#latest

But yes with my idea the High Ranks would get a REAL High percentage of better addons compared to what we have now which is crap. Normal players would still have whatever system the Devs gave us but the Red Ranks would get a much better one, it does single out everyone else but it is an incentive worth taking for those who really want it. And to be honest no one really complains about the Bloodweb right? I haven't until today and I saw this data so having a better system for the Red Ranks could be a cool reward. It's just an idea because right now there is no reason to stay until unless you like getting Gen rushed.

• @HatCreature said:

@HatCreature I don't know about making ultra rares and very rare's more-so available and exclusive to higher ranks.. Wouldn't that negate the point of the blood web? If getting high rank guarantees add ons that other people can't get if they aren't ranked as high as you are? I might be misinterpreting. I do think, though, that a casual mode vs. competitive mode is nice. However...

Yes that is exactly what I mean, I just posted a thread about Prestiging and does the percentage of Ultra Rare and the like actually get higher with each Prestige and the answer was no, the only real difference was more Greens and less yellows but still 3 Purples and the occasional Red. Here's the Link https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/34124/noticeable-difference-with-ultra-rare-items-after-prestiging-your-killer#latest

But yes with my idea the High Ranks would get a REAL High percentage of better addons compared to what we have now which is crap. Normal players would still have whatever system the Devs gave us but the Red Ranks would get a much better one, it does single out everyone else but it is an incentive worth taking for those who really want it. And to be honest no one really complains about the Bloodweb right? I haven't until today and I saw this data so having a better system for the Red Ranks could be a cool reward. It's just an idea because right now there is no reason to stay until unless you like getting Gen rushed.

I actually really like the blood web system, so I get that. I hate getting Gen rushed, and it's happened to me quite a bit. I'm not even that high ranked.. I feel like if we're talking incentives then yes, it's probably better of them to just make the blood webs or something past rank 5 give you more pinks, and whatnot. Now that I understand what you mean, I fully agree.

What rank are you, anyway? I'm a mere 10, but I think that's good considering I haven't had much consecutively play time, and I came back into playing on the... 2nd or so of this month? I just know the game gets really serious, and apparently, less fun, once you pass about 6 or 7. 

• HatCreature

@HatCreature said:

I actually really like the blood web system, so I get that. I hate getting Gen rushed, and it's happened to me quite a bit. I'm not even that high ranked.. I feel like if we're talking incentives then yes, it's probably better of them to just make the blood webs or something past rank 5 give you more pinks, and whatnot. Now that I understand what you mean, I fully agree.

What rank are you, anyway? I'm a mere 10, but I think that's good considering I haven't had much consecutively play time, and I came back into playing on the... 2nd or so of this month? I just know the game gets really serious, and apparently, less fun, once you pass about 6 or 7. 

Well I haven't been on since the Rank Reset so the 13th of last month. My highest Killer was 10 and my highest Survivor was 8 or 9, this upcoming season I really want to see if I actually can get to the Red Ranks at least once and then never go back because it sounds too stressful. Frankly, I hate the Rank system, I rank up too fast and can't keep up with the best players and get stuck and can't go down without being a douche and disconnecting, that's not cool, I don't want to do that. And I mean that on Killer, as Survivor I do not care one damn bit how high I get, if I get to Rank 1 Survivor and stay there who cares but not Killer.

• @HatCreature said:

@HatCreature said:

Well I haven't been on since the Rank Reset so the 13th of last month. My highest Killer was 10 and my highest Survivor was 8 or 9, this upcoming season I really want to see if I actually can get to the Red Ranks at least once and then never go back because it sounds too stressful. Frankly, I hate the Rank system, I rank up too fast and can't keep up with the best players and get stuck and can't go down without being a douche and disconnecting, that's not cool, I don't want to do that. And I mean that on Killer, as Survivor I do not care one damn bit how high I get, if I get to Rank 1 Survivor and stay there who cares but not Killer.

Being rank 1 killer looks so much more challenging than surv. Because as surv I've climbed so fast. I just want a purple or red portrait. That's literally my only goal at the end of this. I just want the nice color border. But past anything else, do they even give you anything for reaching rank 1? Or top 5?

• HatCreature

@HatCreature said:

@HatCreature said:

Being rank 1 killer looks so much more challenging than surv. Because as surv I've climbed so fast. I just want a purple or red portrait. That's literally my only goal at the end of this. I just want the nice color border. But past anything else, do they even give you anything for reaching rank 1? Or top 5?

No they don't, that's the whole point. The only time you get a reward for getting somewhere in this entire game is when you Prestige your character. The is the single time you get something for reaching a number, and that's a personal thing that's not ranked.

• No they don't, that's the whole point. The only time you get a reward for getting somewhere in this entire game is when you Prestige your character. The is the single time you get something for reaching a number, and that's a personal thing that's not ranked.

Right the bloodied stuff, I forgot.. Then I completely agree with you. Something nice looking in game. I personally just wanna see if I can get that high, but after that I'm fine wherever I end up because I only came back to this game to have fun. Being stressed out doesn't seem very fun at all.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

lol @ ranks/pips

• WhiteAqua7
    WhiteAqua7 Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2018

Not escaping is losing, it feels extremely unsatisfying. That being said, it is way too easy to rank up, survivors at rank 1 are boosted and are not true rank 1s. They waste pallets left and right and cannot make decisions logically. I check profiles of a rank 1s in my lobby and one person had as little as 45hours! others have 200-300h. While you can argue that the amount of time you spend in game does not matter, these survivors usually disappoint me in game. Make rank 1 harder to reach. 

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@DarkGGhost said:
    Double pip gets if they have gathered enough points survivors 9.000 and killer 12.000
    What do you think ?

i barely pip or always safety pip due to the current one and you want to make it harder

• @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DarkGGhost said:
    What do you think ?

i barely pip or always safety pip due to the current one and you want to make it harder

I see this game has this weird pseudo-victim logic for both sides. Killer, and survivor. That isn't towards you either, to clarify. It's just... To killer mains, the survivors are overpowered, to the survivors, the killers are overpowered.
    I think the game is just generally imbalanced, and biased towards Survivors.Some killers think making it harder to pip/rank up is going to make it more balanced or whatever in the long run, but it won't. Not the way survivors are right now. But that isn't to say I want an overpowered killer. The game doesn't feel like a chase, per se. It just feels like you're waiting to be lined up for stunning, or blinding or body blocking. I don't understand how making it harder to pip will change anything. It will just make playing killer in higher rank even more difficult than it likely already is. Or, additionally, it will mean it would be harder for both sides to pip at all. Which brings us back to square one.

But I'm still learning, so what do I know.