Hex: The Third Seal Idea

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

That this is a Hex Perk makes it very weak unless you make your build support this Perk specifically or on Legion.
Such exclusivity in usefulness won't ever make it a Perk that you could simply slap on and say: This might do some damage.

Part #1: It's no longer a Hex Perk. (Just cause Hag introduced Hexes doesn't mean she exclusively needs to have Hexes.)
Part #1.5: Just a note: The mechanic of "Hit them to apply Blindness" still remains.
Part #2: Make it so that, as soon as a Generator is fully repaired, the Blindness Status Effect gained from The Third Seal is removed from all Survivors.
Part #2.5: You can always apply the Blindness Status Effects, no matter how many times repaired Generators remove the Status Effect. And when the Exit Gates are powered, they can't remove the Status Effect anymore.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Interesting. So it keeps being taken away as generators are completed and then reapplied as you hit any of them again?

I really like this. Seems pretty fair and balanced to me as well. It isn't strong enough in its current form to be a hex that's so easily removed.

• Boss
    edited December 2018

@Blueberry said:
    Interesting. So it keeps being taken away as generators are completed and then reapplied as you hit any of them again?

I really like this. Seems pretty fair and balanced to me as well. It isn't strong enough in its current form to be a hex that's so easily removed.

It can lead to some fun #########, like you finishing a gen to finally get Plunderer's Instinct's auras again.
    But hey, here's a cloaked Wraith, smack, and there they go again.

My reasoning for this idea came from a more aesthetic nature though...
    I was like: What if the curse is some sort of shadow-y curse put on your 3rd eye, and only a powerful source of light can cleanse this shadow, a.k.a. generator lights.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    definitely sounds better than how it is now
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

It's an interesting idea

• Boss

Yay! An idea of mine that isn't called #########! \o/

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

@Boss said:

It's #########.

Granted, Hex totems are easy enough to find on most maps, but the looking slows the game down. So, even if it is cleansed, you get the added benefit of (usually) multiple survivors running around the map instead of completing objectives.

Altering Third Seal to be erased upon the completing of generators does the opposite, encouraging survivors to complete objectives faster. This would be especially problematic with a debuff like Third Seal, since it prioritizes the killer hitting, but not necessarily downing, as many survivors between gens as possible. Meaning, the counter is gen rushing as much as possible.

Because Third Seal is a slug build tool, the killer isn't focused on completing his objectives: hooking and killing, until all or most of the survivors are blind and/or on the ground, but the survivors have even more incentive to complete theirs. It becomes a self-defeating perk. In the worst case, the killer is running around frantically trying to kick generators and get a single hit on each survivor that he accomplishes nothing more than being bullied by the survivors.

The ideal would be closer to the Pig, where survivors are forced to move off their objective to cure themselves of a status effect. This is the case with totems, even if they are relatively easy to find. Particularly true if you're also running Thrill of the Hunt and better able to defend your totem.

I don't mean to poopoo your idea, but I think in practice, you'd be even more frustrated than you are with totems.

• Boss

@Crizpen said:

@Boss said:

It's #########.

Granted, Hex totems are easy enough to find on most maps, but the looking slows the game down. So, even if it is cleansed, you get the added benefit of (usually) multiple survivors running around the map instead of completing objectives.

Altering Third Seal to be erased upon the completing of generators does the opposite, encouraging survivors to complete objectives faster. This would be especially problematic with a debuff like Third Seal, since it prioritizes the killer hitting, but not necessarily downing, as many survivors between gens as possible. Meaning, the counter is gen rushing as much as possible.

Because Third Seal is a slug build tool, the killer isn't focused on completing his objectives: hooking and killing, until all or most of the survivors are blind and/or on the ground, but the survivors have even more incentive to complete theirs. It becomes a self-defeating perk. In the worst case, the killer is running around frantically trying to kick generators and get a single hit on each survivor that he accomplishes nothing more than being bullied by the survivors.

The ideal would be closer to the Pig, where survivors are forced to move off their objective to cure themselves of a status effect. This is the case with totems, even if they are relatively easy to find. Particularly true if you're also running Thrill of the Hunt and better able to defend your totem.

I don't mean to poopoo your idea, but I think in practice, you'd be even more frustrated than you are with totems.

Nah, i'd prefer this over not having TTS anymore after 30 seconds 1/2 of the time. ;)

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129
    To each their own. Third Seal is one of those perks I very rarely run anyway. Not because it’s a totem based perk, but because I don’t care for slugging in general. But, we all have our own play styles.
  • PhantomKombat1
    PhantomKombat1 Member Posts: 21

I hope the devs see this @devsNEEDtoWORK

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110

@Boss there's always that one guy. I love the idea! +1

• Boss

@grisstyl said:

The following joke is not directed to the person with criticism...

I bet there's someone who prefers P2P > Dedicated servers.

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110

@Boss said:

@grisstyl said:

There definitely is LOL (rip)

People were genuinely arguing on the Discord saying that dedicated servers were going to be the end of the game. Everyone is so melodramatic!

• Boss

@grisstyl said:

@Boss said:

@grisstyl said:

There definitely is LOL (rip)

People were genuinely arguing on the Discord saying that dedicated servers were going to be the end of the game. Everyone is so melodramatic!

...wat
    Now i'm curious. Could you screenshot for me?