The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dear survivor mains:

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,498
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Why do when i hit all 4 of you and your all injured instead of healing you all hop on gens and just rush them? Its no fun and just shows how fast a survivor objective can go especially if they don't even unhook and just stay glued to gens. It makes the match easily end in 5 minutes or less. Bhvr please make thana basekit. (/s to the last sentence)

(For anyone that actually got down to here this is what i see as the equivalent to the killer tunneling or "killrushing" post. Its so weird when you have matches like this which survivors will just glue themselves to a gen and refuse to even hook save. Ive actually died a couple of times as survivor on hook because survivors did this. They escaped of course but i get to die on first hook. Lucky me).

Comments

• supersonic853

Nah ive had matches where legitimately 2 survivors instead of spending the time to heal would both hop on 1 gen together. So i think its just they don't want to spend the however many seconds to heal eachother and would rather get gens done fast AF.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Again, they probably wanted to finish the gen before healing. I think in almost every instance, finishing a gen, then healing is the correct choice.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

sideobjectives?

in MY generator rush simulator?

HELL NO!

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I've had many times where teammates have thrown the game because they decided to heal instead of finishing the last few gens. 2 people healing eachother is the equivalent of getting a gen halfway done, so quite frankly I think it's a waste of time to heal unless you're on last hook or it's necessary (ex. against killers like Oni).

With that being said, I don't like fast games either & I do think the devs should do something about gen speeds, but that doesn't mean it's not the smarter idea to do gens before friends (granted you don't let anyone die on hook, however).

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited June 2021

Welcome to AU, please take a ticket and a representative will be out to slap you across the face and take your wallet shortly.

Seriously, this is the norm. It used to be about half the trials, now it's all of them. I've been screamed at just for saving people... By the people I've saved.

Edit: Well, thankfully not any more, I've been playing so little survivor because of the awful que times that now I'm rank 12 and it's easing off a bit.

• Munqaxus

You can't slow down gens without buffing the survivor side also. Maybe increase map sizes and slow down gens. You have to make the game longer for both sides, because slowing down gens would increase the 60% kill rate that killers currently have even more.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Obviously. The whole point is to realize that gen speeds are a problem & to find a solution by balancing both sides to slow the game down.

Knowing BHVR though, they'll probably nerf one side and will take forever to do the other which would inturn, imbalance the game yet again. An example of this could be keys & moris.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

because progress on healing can be instantly negated by a killer while progress on gens is a little more lasting. if 2 survivors group up to heal then 32 seconds are spent healing each other. if the killer comes their way then at least 16 seconds of progress will be instantly lost. If they both get on a gen injured then that 32 seconds is enough to get the gen to around 70% complete from cold. even with pop only about 7 or 8 seconds of that progress is lost.

it's the most efficient play to get the gen done first, then heal

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

Let's go BHVR style and try to fix core issues of the game with the addition of a new Perk!

New Perk added:

Shaky Hands:

"You relentless strikes instill fear and suffering within survivors."

- After you've wounded a Survivor, the wounded Survivor will no longer be able to repair generators until they're fully healed.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited June 2021

First off I'm so pissed off because I wrote out a full list on why I work on gens injured but I guess I got unlucky and lost it...... ######### sake

Anyway attempt two of why I might work on gens injured:

• Not facing a strong chase killer (I.e Nurse, Spirit)
    • Not a stealth killer
    • Killer has Ruin
    • Killer has Pop (need to get a gen done before a baby survivor goes down)
    • Gen already half done
    • Another survivor is there (double gen points)
    • Challenges
    • Perk requirements (flashbangs)
    • We're getting destroyed (need to pressure the objective)
    • Survivor is getting camped/tunnelling
    • In a 4 man swf (information)

Annoyingly I can't remember a few I said before but aw well.

If the killer is playing badly and 3 gens are done with the killer getting very few hooks then I'll run around looking for totems, chests or looking to get into chase.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

The quicker gens get done, the less time there is to get killed.

• Munqaxus

Let's not forget "Ruin", the ultimate perk to increase gen rushing tactics.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Mostly cuz healing can be a waste of time in alot of scenarios, and good survs don't need to be healthy especially when running deadhard, because that's their get out of jail free card.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

Perks like that cannot be added when there is killers like Plague and Legion. Maybe obsession perk which works only for obsession.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2021

My only way of self-healing is Inner Strength. If I can't find a totem nor another survivor willing to heal me, what else should I do? Just start searching chests at random?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

As shown above, there are alot of reasons people don't heal. Ultimately finishing a gen at the risk of losing a hookstate is a good gamble.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Survivors are so used to boring matches with no content inside of it. Survivors didn't create the environment they are just a product of it. Emblem chasers that is we are now. Sadly.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 336

Thing is when you stay injured on gens you're putting yourself at risk of being downed quicker, it actually helps the killer as you down people quicker and makes successful unhooks harder. Although me personally I try and get healed so I can last longer in chases.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,959

I would rather do the gen rather than being healed

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

OP sounds like the kind of survivor that hides in a corner until someone finds then if they ever get injured.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,170
    edited June 2021

Alright so there's a number of reasons (for me) -

1. Not enough survivors do gens, too many want to get into chases when they're awful runners (just had a game where I had to do 4 of the 5 myself).
    2. I noticed the killer is catching my teammates and putting on pressure too fast so I have to focus gens, especially if my teammates aren't.
    3. If the killer is just there to 'farm', I don't find that fun and I just want to get out and into my next match asap.
    4. Its also a way to punish the killer if he is tunneling or camping someone. Lots of killer mains forget about Kindred and that ya know, we can see you camping/proxying.
    5. Its our objective to get out, its your objective to stop us from doing gens and kill us. If you're not putting out good map/gen pressure, what do you want us to do about it?
    6. Not healing and getting on a gen is a huge risk, it either pays off or you regret not taking the time to. Actually good killer mains at red ranks (not all of them are good) will make you pay for not healing most of the time. If you notice its a good player, take the time to heal especially.
    7. I recognize a strong loop/area where I am relatively safe while doing the gen, knowing even if the killer shows up I have a chance to get away with a pallet/window or even Fixated.
  • supersonic853
    edited June 2021

Ya know most of this was a joke post in response to "dear killer mains" and just reminding people there was a thing called the depip squad who would literally rush gens and let people die on hooks to do gens as fast as possible. (So both sides can hard focus on their objective tunneling isnt just a killer only thing)

Also im a rank 1 claud with for the people borrowed time resilence and spinechill. (So i am mostly injured) and i do just fine. Infact im stronger while injured with this build lol

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I always hate when survivors do that. I run We'll Make It pretty often and I have to fight them while they're trying to Self-care or work on gens. I get that killers are more aggressive lately, but that's all the more reason to scrounge for points where we can. Gen rushing pays out nothing and makes iridescent challenges a nightmare to complete.

• Drywatr
    Drywatr Member Posts: 135

No to basekit thana. Unless base thana doesnt work on no mither. That perk sucks enough as is

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have never run into anyone refusing to hook save. I often find 2 or 3 people gathering to do it instead of gens. I wish they would leave people hooked!

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,144

If a survivor do gens,then they have perks like adrenaline,dead hard or other perks to aid during injury.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Gen rush is boring, but as a solo player, I stick on gens most of the time. Someone has to do them. I won't let people die, but I will sit on a gen if I can get to you before second phase hits and get a large percentage of the gen completed. What I don't understand is when competent SWF teams gen rush. I understand solo players doing gens, because solo is a struggle. But in a SWF you can goof off and still win.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

You have to do gens to generate pressure as a Survivor. And at the very least, I as a Survivor main, am confident in my ability to both evade and run the Killer while injured, since I'm a lover of the Spine Chill Resilience combo. I'll heal if I have a medkit, if we have decent pressure, Inner Strength, or if a teammate has a heal build- but most of the time, at least in the solo queue games I've played, there are a ton of teammates who just don't care about healing you, or want to try to heal you in absolute deadzones, where you'd be better off taking your chance injured on a gen.

(Plus, it depends on the Killer or Survivors you're versing. Obviously, healing verses Legion is p useless, but you wanna stay healed against like Oni, Stridor Spirit, Hit & Run Wraith, and Twins. Then things like Myers in T3 you want to stay injured, because you're exposed anyway- or Devour Hope instadowns, Plague sickness, etc. On the flipside though, healing with Self Care takes ten years- even longer with Sloppy being so common. Medkits are great, but only last so long. Inner Strength is pog, but perks like Solidarity and Secondwind are hard to get value out of. Teammates will sometimes refuse to heal you, or only want to heal in deadzones because they don't understand that it can be even more dangerous then just healing in a safe structure. Other teammates will straight up throw the game if you don't heal them immediately, even if you're like 75 on the first gen with Prove Thyself and the Killer already has two hooks. Along with this, solo queue players can't coordinate, so experienced ones will just sit on gens, because then they know someone is putting out pressure.)

Idk, my point is that Survivors have to do gens to get out any sort of pressure, where as depending on the Killer, rank, and confidence of Survivors, the Killer creates a lot more pressure by existing. It's dangerous to try to finish a gen in Bubba's face. Entering Hag's web is a death wish. Slugging causes pressure, and is quite common. Camping and tunneling are also becoming common place, and that's even more pressure. Hooks create pressure.

Survivors only have gens. Healing helps, but if gens aren't getting done, it's not hard for a Killer to slowly wittle everyone down.