Has anyone noticed.

This game is losing its oomph. What i mean by this is The grind is terrible, The killers are unloopable, You are always holding forward to waste as much time of the killers as possible. ETC... There is much more and I am not trying to down the game but it doesn't feel like DBD anymore. It feels like an entirely diff game

Comments

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

sure there unloopable killers have been in the game since 17 but the OG killers that were anti loop are still bearable imo. Just seems like the game is getting a bit tedious. More because of the terrible grind even with all killer p350. sure theres not much to do after that but even so If i am looking for specific addons/items its so hard to get them. Why dont they implement a ritual system like mobile? Mobile has sooo many rituals and ways to earn BP its deplorable that they wouldn't add something like that to game. I love this game and have put over 8k hours into it and feel like its dragging now adays.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

That's true.

I refrain from expressing my opinion about looping a killer, because people will say it's a skill or "get good".

Some manage to loop well but I'm one of those who aren't, chasing feels like a race to me. if I'm in the open, there's no way to avoid a hit.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

There's like 2 killers that are unloopable. It does feel like the same game, just evolved. Holding W is something survivors could have done all along, but now it's just coming to light how much time it wastes even though it's a simple tactic. The way you say it though, you're only holding W instead of beginning to loop when the killer gets close to you.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

The grind is really bad. I don't mind switching up the play styles, though. I don't think it was amazingly healthy for the game when every chase involved running to the same pallet, and circling it the prescribed number of times, and then running to the next one over and over again. I can understand why they'd add killers who break that routine.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

I'm not sure what's going on, but I simply cannot get any teachable perks atm. I got one once but I've been doing level 50 bloodwebs since and prestiged and have never seen another teachable.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

As someone who started playing in 2018 I completley agree. This game has come a long way, for the better or worse is subjective. But when I see gameplay from that time period I almost don't recognize it from all the things that have changed.

Personally I feel like the root cause of this is the game becoming too competitive but maybe that's just me.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

I don't think its a competitive thing. I just think the Devs made killers who can win!! Im not saying anti-loop is bad or unfun but it does promote boring killer/survivor interaction. Sure take a hit HOLD FORWARD predrop the pallet rinse repeat. None of this is fun for either side imo its almost like insidious bubbas basement.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

The grind is better than it used to be, looping isnt even what this game is supposed to be about, 'hold W' is just an argument spat about from a content creator and everyone just regurgitates because they arent good enough at the game.

• banah
    banah Member Posts: 19

Forget about prestige, admit that all survs are just skins and grind will no so terrible. I have 500 hours killer main, i have all teachable perks discovered, 4 killers has all perks opened, two of them are p3( big mistake ).

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

I agree that the grind is bad, but killers aren't unloopable.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

If they fix the issues and the excessive grind I would be happy. As for looping, I am terrible at it but the killers are supposed to be able to catch you eventually, even if you run them 5 gens, so not too fussed about this.

People forget that killers are supposed to be the power role.

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

I'm sorry, I don't understand what it means: "hold w"

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

This has been my feelings ever since they changed survivor locomotions in that one patch several months ago. I know they changed them back to somewhat normal after an uproar from the community but it never felt the same for me after that. The graphical updates were cool but reworking entire maps kinda pissed me off ngl. There are HUGE dead zones in maps now that forces you out of position and against an insta down killer you are #########. Playing red ranks in solo now is absolute dog #########. It’s always been tough but now it is a literal nightmare. Any competent killer can easy 4k now. Running through pallets? Nah you’re getting hit. Throwing a pallet? Nah you’re hit. Oh you fast vaulted that window? Nah you’re still getting hit. I swear to god I’m inches away from becoming a killer main and leaving survivor behind forever. The only way I have fun in this game anymore is to wait until my rank gets reset to green and play up until I hit red then wait another 2 months for it to happen again. If I had any friends to play this game with it would probably help my mood a lot but as of late it’s just I can only play a handful of games before either sweaty ass killers or dumb ass teammates make me want to pull my hair out. This IS absolutely an entire different game now. #iwantmyolddbdback

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Agreed. This game sorely needs comms. Yeah, like any game some people will be jerks, but there would be plenty of other games where if I'm up against a killer that's having a bad game, I'd offer him to farm or at least some tips or some practice. Instead no comms means you need to sweat because you always have to assume the other side is sweating. Most games are either lost easily or won easily.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

It's referring to PC controls first of all because w is forward on there, so me being on console I just call it "holding forward" sometimes. But holding W basically means as survivor you don't attempt to loop or misdirect the killer or anything. You just run forward, killer catches up, get a sprint burst from getting hit, hold forward some more, and by the time the killer downs you and hooks you, you've wasted like 40-50 seconds of their time, which could be like 2 or 3 gens if your teammates are doing them. That's holding w hardcore though. What I would do for example is hold forward until the killer catches up to me, and then start looping at a the jungle gym or whatever is there. Or if the killer thinks I'm gonna stop at the loop and loop there, I can keep running and he might think I'm still there.

Sometimes it's on the killer though. If you know the survivor is holding forward and you're gonna take a while to catch up to them, maybe don't even chase them. If all 4 survivors are doing this though, there's nothing really you can do.

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

the thing that amuses me the most are the loops ... I run forward until I find a pallet! Thank you for the explanation!