Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nemesis needs 3 zombies

At his current state, Nemesis' zombies are a very minimal help. Granted that these zombies make up about half of his kit, the fact that zombies get MAYBE 1 or 2 hits each match (which is a generous guess) when used correctly, half of his kit super weak. I think that not only does the zombie AI need to be patched up, but should include either better stats or just a 3rd zombie.

What do you all think?

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

Rumor has it one of Nemmy's ultra rares was to add a third zombie, but that it was scrapped due to game performance issues. With the current state of DBD I don't think it could handle that third zom zom very well.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,178

I'm not sure as a base-kit, but I'd be all for add-ons that increase zombie numbers to even up to 4 zombies (although that may become very problematic in indoor areas like The Game or Hawkins, so maybe 3 is fine).

Combining an add-on like this with an add-on that speeds zombies up could become very hectic, which I'd love!

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

He needs like 4 minimum with up to 8 on large maps but this game cant handle that. Some people were saying that they wanted to have 4 base but the game couldnt handle it, while I cannot guarantee this is true it would not surprise me.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

I think it would be great if it were map specific.

Coldwind 4

Midwich 2

As someone mentioned though i doubt very much dbd coukd handle it

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004
    edited June 2021

On anything but the largest maps that would be a terrible change. And honestly, if Midwich can have 2 zombies than it's totally fine for larger maps to only have two as well.

Zombies are meant to be a nuisance, not play the game for you. As is, they're a nuisance. 2 zombies are enough to force survivors to abandon optimal running paths and push survivors off of gens for free. The only change they need is better pathfinding to prevent them idling in the same spot forever, because as long as they don't get stuck they do exactly what they're supposed to do.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

I dont think this is a good idea tbh.

The only way to get rid of Zombies is by wasting a pallet, or constantly blinding them, problem is, i already dealt with a zombie being a massive pain in the ass when trying to repair a gen or even healing a teammate, adding such a large amount would make the game borderline unplayable for survivors, cause having a single zombie near any objective makes it practically impossible to complete it without wasting resources or just a huge amount of time, pretty much forcing you out of it to look for another one and thats without counting Nemesis itself.

If there was anything close to 8, repairing gens would be extremely hard, combine that with Perks like Ruin or Tinkerer, and you will have the most BS killer in the game by a long shot.

The game would basically become survive the longest and get hatch cause repairing a gen is guarantee to get you killed with little to no payoff.

• truegod_10

I see your point, but with how slow zombies are, how much they get stuck, and how much time they spend on the opposite sides of big maps there definitely needs to be more.

When I was saying 8, I was only referring to the largest outdoor maps, something like mother's dwelling, which are so big that 2 or even 4 zombies are almost always going to be in areas that are not near survivors and not near Nemesis so he can hit them. I think 4 would be fine for most maps.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

That has more to do with the zombies AI not being that good (which isnt surprising since they are the first one)

Regardless, its not something to take lightly, cause Nemesis is already heavily oppressive on 1vs1, adding too many zombies, would make him way too strong since you have Nemesis which is strong on 1vs1 and then the zombies wasting time for the rest of the team, like is said, they can be a massive pain when trying to do objectives.

• truegod_10

All good points. The Ai definitely needs work and it is hard to say how many we need until we see what the final Ai is like. I am making my estimation based on the current crappy Ai.

• truegod_10

I see your point, but with how slow zombies are, how much they get stuck, and how much time they spend on the opposite sides of big maps there definitely needs to be more.

When I was saying 8, I was only referring to the largest outdoor maps, something like mother's dwelling, which are so big that 2 or even 4 zombies are almost always going to be in areas that are not near survivors and not near Nemesis so he can hit them. I think 4 would be fine for most maps.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I've never gotten hit by a zombie except the one time I decided too. Literally how are people getting hit by these things?

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

4-8? Those zombies might be only two but they always seem to show up at the worst time. With 8 I'd want another way of dealing with them other then just hoping you had a flashlight or a pallet nearby to waste otherwise it would just be never ending playing keep away from them and being able to do nothing else. I'm sure Nemesis players would love that survivors have to dodge zombies until it was their turn to die, but as a survivor player I probably wouldn't bother even going up against a Nemesis any more. Those zombies are annoying enough as it is.

• Punisher2001
    Punisher2001 Member Posts: 49

15 zombies would be a good start, and then the devs can add more as needed (likely 12 - 24, if there's any sort of balance desired)

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

Zombies are great. It is very funny go against them.

I don't feel their help is very minimal and I starting to believe that people who are critical against zombies contribution to Nemesis are players that aren't playing survivor lately.

Zombies are a good contribution to block loops setimes, zombies hit survivors sometimes, zombies complicate actions (healing, unhooking, cleansing, repairing, etc) sometimes and zombies almost always provide survivors location information.

I love zombies in the game. Two zombies is good enough.

If they add more zombies then they should have to add some new mechanic to stunt them. Maybe a new object present in the map.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

If you ask nicely im sure the devs would add a nice comfy sofa for you Nemesis players to sit on, put your feet up, relax and let the AI do all the work for you.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

No. Not unless he's slowed down, he loses the ability to see the zombies' auras, and his tentacle gets a trim.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

God no. They're annoying enough as is.