This game really is getting boring.

ill_Boston_lli
ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

I am a 4 year veteran of this game. Over 3k escapes and over 21k kills. I am losing interest as I cannot just play any killer if i want to enjoy myself. I have to play killers who ######### loops down or are just flat out strong. Trapper isn't an option Deathslinger isn't an option pretty much any killer that doesn't have mobility and a good anti loop. this leaves what like 3 killers that stand a chance high level if that. And these 3 killers are highly complained about. What can bvhr do to even reconcile this? I feel like we are in too deep with what DBD has become and sadly I am bored. If I want to play other killers I need to be lower rank and that's just not feasible.

Note: I changed the Title because I may have exaggerated initially.

Post edited by ill_Boston_lli on

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Dying in you. In you.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475
    edited June 2021

They aren't many options for if you want to win a lot

if you want to play something else you have to accept that you might not do as well then if you selected something stronger other wise you are trapped in system of your own creation, and while it is the games fault for having things be stronger or weaker in comparison to each other it is also your fault to force yourself to have to do well. You can either have fun, or win, very rarely can you have both every single time if you only go for winning, maybe try a different angle.

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373

Well, with their recent pull of support from STEAM its again their own fault.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

I really don't know why people take the game so seriously, I'm a red rank survivor and killer and I always play with nothing in mind, sometimes I de-pip from rank 1 to 5 as survivor and as killer too, I just play to have fun and play killers like pig/clown/demogorgon on red ranks without caring if I'm gonna pip or get a 4k, yes it's hard to get a 4k on red ranks with some killers but why care? just play the game for fun instead of thinking if a specific killer is competitive or not....just play, that's what games were about, just mindless fun...

• ill_Boston_lli
    edited June 2021

Nah not even a competitive thing. If I want a game to last I have to be certain killers. Idk if you enjoy being a punching bag for survivors but when I play killer I like to have a chance in a sense. It has nothing to do with being competitive its more along the line of does skill matter if I play a killer with 0 map control? Also Don't get me wrong I LOVE this game. I have so much time invested I will ride this thing until the wheels fall off. But Lately its been deterring me from enjoying it. That is all. I am what they would call a whale!!! I buy cosmetics alot I buy the chapter on multiple plats I support this game to the fullest. shoot I have EVERY SINLGE cosmetic for Jake because he his my main as survivor. So please don't think for one second I am against the game or am even complaining. I just would like to enjoy a match as any killer if i so choose.

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119

4 year vet as well. I play Pig and Trapper at rank 1 just fine. I have fun most matches. If your not having fun anymore then just take a break or play something else. Tons of games out there. DBD really hasn't changed gameplay wise at all. It's amazing its still going as strong as it is with us that play for months at a time.

• ill_Boston_lli

Lucky you man. Those killers still have a chance MAybe i shouldnt have used Deathslinger as an example

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Stop playing it. This isn't salt. Why are you playing a game you don't like? Because you used to? That makes no sense. Stop playing the game.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited June 2021

Then it may be time to move on, seek your bliss. There are literally thousands of games at your fingertips that can be downloaded, installed, and played within minutes. I'm not being snide or sarcastic. If you can't find ways to enjoy the game anymore, to challenge yourself, to renew your interest, then you have one sensible choice. One day, I too will find I no longer can muster enough interest to play. On that day I will follow my own advice. The difference between you and I is I won't even stop by here to give my "goodbye cruel DbD" speech. When people do this it seems a bit melodramatic and self serving. We change, much faster than the game, and it is only natural that interest will wane. I keep my interest by challenging myself in different ways, going against things people say can't be done. That works for me, but I realize people are different and what works for me may not work for you. The only advice I can give is hit the road or FIND a way to reinvigorate yourself. Don't sit on the fence, as that makes no sense. :) Stay and reinvest or go. Don't malinger around moaning and groaning. It is unseemly.

• ill_Boston_lli

sorry to hear you feel that way.

I put far too much time effort and money into the game to just move on. I also feel like I have a right to say how I feel about the state of the game at the moment. NMW I will always love DBD and don't want it to die by any means. I want people to enjoy it like I have. Im sure this is just a phase for me and I will be over by noon tomorrow. You know when the Grind becomes less Tedious. I'm just venting and I am sure I have the right to do so

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited June 2021

Sure you have the right to say whatever you want. Just be aware of how "I'm done, stick a fork in me" speech comes across. It is awful every time I hear someone do it. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm being honest and direct. I've liked a lot of your posts and think you are a fine fellow. I just think this kind of posting is weak, and won't get you what you want anyway. It is kind of like the kid who threatens his parents with running away. We all know how that argument goes and how impotent a threat it happens to be. You just undermined yourself by saying you've invested too much.

Give your advice and feedback; I do myself. Be clear, precise and support your arguments. Leave the angst and drama out of it though. They tune out melodramatic posts instantly. Be business-like and you are more likely to get results.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

Maybe your priority is wrong. If to you getting a 4K is the only idea of fun, then that means 4 other players have to have a bad time. If they build killers for your ranks, it would be even incredibly unfair for other ranks.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Unfortunately, a lot of us don't find 4-minute trials or predropped pallets and expert W holding to be particularly fun, hence the whole "play-to-win" thing. Especially since the pip system is so ######### up that it took me nearly 20 deliberately thrown, attempted 12-hook trials in a row to do down 1 rank.