Can we stop with the demanding?

I've seen and been a part of a decent amount of forums, mostly but not limited to, of online games, but never have I witnessed such abusive and outright ridiculous demanding from its users. What the actual [BAD WORD]?

Not sure what the company policy is on purchased content, cosmetic or otherwise (the game for example), but that's the only thing you might have the right to demand on. For example, if you bought a cosmetic and you don't have it or console players technically not being able to play the game right now.

Meanwhile, left and right, BHVR this, BHVR that, this not good, that not good, i want like this, no, i want like that, weh weh weh.

You paid a fair price for the game which is worth what you paid and if you consider how cheap it is on some platforms, there is absolutely no discussion there. After, whatever you purchased in the game was completely optional, even killers/survivors. You were never promised anything more and if you were, BHVR does not have to comply to anything. Everything you are getting, broken or not, you are getting for free, maybe at the cost of others, but never did you have to spend extra to be allowed to participate in new content. Whatever funding they received other than game purchases were donations with benefits.

I get it, you are frustrated and this is in fact a platform to express your opinion, even if most of the time they are not actually discussions, but nothing better is going to happen if we just fill this forum with stuff like this. 1/10 of the new posts after the event released are actually something good to read, to know, to ask, to discuss. The rest are just rude rants and you are lucky to get away with just a ban and/or deleted post on the forum.

90% of what makes the game broken is its community. (Not a real statistic of course)

Right, well, I got tired of writing and I can't think of anything else right now, and I want to go play the event. I just hope I find something good and interesting to read later on.

Comments

• entitysbreakfast
    entitysbreakfast Member Posts: 126

they just took my forum post down about my frustrations. I think you lose this one m8

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Body is 1 character too short.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Uh huh. Alright

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,826

That is not what most people are complaining about. It's "the event isn't fun enough" or "I want more cakes" or "I have a problem with the crowns". You don't need to spend much time on the forum to know OP is right.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

People complain about a lot of stuff actually, some gamebreaking, some not, that is true. But this is what op said and I quote:

"Not sure what the company policy is on purchased content, cosmetic or otherwise (the game for example), but that's the only thing you might have the right to demand on."

How is op right again?

• notstarboard
    edited June 2021

They have the right to complain, yes. OP also has the right to complain about the complaining.

Most of the people whining on the forum are not doing so because of issues like constant crashes and terrible performance. I have a lot of sympathy for people running into that. I have a lot of frustration with the people whining because the event isn't as fun as they hoped. Like ######### please, you probably paid $10-20 for this game and they've done nothing but add content, most of which is free for all players. Yes the game is a buggy mess, yes I wish it ran better, but the entitlement is super annoying.

When I first started interacting with the community I though it was weird that everyone called it toxic. As time has gone on, I've started to agree, just for different reasons. People are usually chill in the post game chat, but there are a heck of a lot of people who incessantly complain about events and free DLC. If this were COD or something you wouldn't be able to play on the new maps without buying the DLC. You also definitely couldn't grind for the new content by just playing the game.

• notstarboard

You technically have the right to complain about whatever you'd like. Still, in my opinion, people are not justified in obnoxiously complaining about the quality of free events and free DLC. No one here bought a seasons pass in which the devs promised regular content drops. All of this stuff is free. Insulting the devs because they didn't make good enough free content is entitled, annoying, and regrettably widespread on the forum. OP is absolutely right to call that out.

• notstarboard

Why make a thread if you don't get the most upvotes? /s

• razvicool
    razvicool Member Posts: 54

I think it's alright.

A good amount of comments, some worth the read, even an upvote. See, I would say most people here disagree with what I said, not quite with the topic precisely. And hey I didn't make my post extremely precise and explanatory so I got no right to say anything on the comments. But here, I see alright comments, nothing too rude, nothing wasting my time, at least a little detail. That's not really the case with the forum.

I think it's at the very least better then assumptions on company assets and demands on how they should be spent.

I don't think it's wrong to complain, I think as a community we need to complain in such a way that there is no reason to not be listened to. Demanding will not help, being rude will not help, basing outcomes on fiction will not help.

• notstarboard

Completely agree with your point here. Imo the majority of the complaints on the forum, now and always, are not about the game's playability, though.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

You're right....up to a degree. The exception being Console players who purchased a product but the product doesn't perform or work as advertised...AKA the cyberpunk buggy mess treatment. Other than that....yeah....forum is full of weh weh weh....*spirit noises*

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

exactly, if you're selling a product no matter what it is, you're gonna get an honest review.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited June 2021

also 3 week playtest with a bonus 2+ weeks to wait on the map we are supposed to be able to play on. If it's not ready don't put it out and excite everyone to disappoint

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339
    edited June 2021

Yeah let's not ever hold a company responsible for what they do. (Insert sarcasm). I am sorry but I am a console player and the lag is so bad. I didn't just pay 15 dollars. I have 4 other people in my house that are also console that I bought every chapter for plus some cosmetics. If i fork out that much money I expect us to be able to play. Yes I understand there will be some issues but come on.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

What about those of us who have bought all the DLC?

How much are we allowed to complain? We pay them for a product and if it isn't working how much are we allowed to complain until you decide it's too much?

Most people on the forum ARE complaining about the crashes, the bugs and them not working. Do some of them need to reel it in? Yes. No one should be be insulting the devs but trying to shut down complaints based on your blanket idea of who is complaining and what they are complaining about is ridiculous.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

If a "free update" made my game unplayable, am I free to complain?

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Yes there is a lot of complaining and yes some people are very hard on the devs.

A lot of the complaints are valid tho, especially regarding bugs and optimization.

People care deeply for this game and want it to be:

1. Functioning (especially when they buy a brand new dlc)

2. Successful

I have been apart of many forums and DBD community is one of the most passionate I have seen. Yes there are a lot mean comments thrown around and those are unacceptable, but there are ton of really good critiques and suggestions from the community as well.

I am sure the bugs and such are just as frustrating for the devs as it is for us. We just don't see it.

I really wish they would host monthly community chats/ q&a. There use to be a lot of those but they have decreased recently :<

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

This is like any forum I have been on... People mostly come to these to complain.

• razvicool
    razvicool Member Posts: 54

Further I think it's worth mentioning that my girlfriend plays DbD on PS4 or better said, as many of you have, used to play, because now as soon as the game starts the PS overheats to the point it restarts and we clean and maintain it, just like I do my PC. However, even then, the money she paid for this product did not guarantee her entertainment without problems, which is important to say, are being worked on. Yes, you are free to express that they take too long and it's annoying, but demanding them be done faster is not helping.

I would like to also comment, with very little detail I admit, on some things:

Having a few bugs here and there does not make the game "unplayable", this word means something completely different.

Crashes and instability are unfortunate and I believe you if you say it happens to A LOT of people, but given how many still play I think it is very, very likely it's some kind of compatibility players are experiencing which is not just the devs' fault.

A lot of people seem to twist the "don't demand" "don't be rude" parts into "don't complain". If you have a better idea of how I could edit my post to reflect that better or improve it, honestly, please do let me know.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Don't try to defend BHVR. This community is full of whiney little #@$%es but there are plenty of things they are in the right to complain about. If you don't understand that then you are either new or your on BHVR's pay roll.

• Freshwick
    Freshwick Member Posts: 71

Is it possible a "Candyman Chapter" was postponed bc of the pandemic and due to that the twins and the trickster were released earlier than anticipated hence the bugs?

Maybe it's the fact the company as had difficulties trying to adjust to no longer working in the office together?

Nah, it's most likely bhvr dropping their standards and not the servers being overloaded with new and returning players with the popularity of Resident Evil Chapter/ Anniversary.

Anyways, I passed on "a binding of kin" "all-kill" and "Chapter XX" as I already have the best perks the game like Babysitter, Better Together, and Buckle Up but I wouldn't mind an anniversary sale.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I'm sorry that I wanna be able to enjoy and play the game I paid for.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,122

I demand the ability to play the game that I bought!

• notstarboard

You're allowed to complain as much as you'd like. I disagree with your assessment of the posts on the forum.

• notstarboard

That's very justified, yes. That is not what most of the posts on the forum are complaining about.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

After 3 years of a poorly performing game, 2 years of broken promises and 2 weeks of a virtually unplayable game during an event no less, no. No i wont stop demanding they fix this.

Watch these clips and try and placate my problems more

And ive got dozens of those. Its every single game