Has anyone actually seen the new map?

Options
Botiz
Botiz Member Posts: 483

Been playing practically since the event started and still haven't seen it once yet

Comments

• Cosmin262
    Cosmin262 Member Posts: 117
    Options

I played once as killer and I couldn't see any scratch marks so it's for the better you dont get the map

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

lol, i just made a post about this. I had it once on PS4, but the game seems to be broken again. All of the sudden queues are taking forever and I can't unready.

• TroyXX
    TroyXX Member Posts: 69
    Options

Got it once as killer, still laggy as hell. It does look nice though I'll give them that.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Yes and wish i hadn't.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Yes; as Killer.

It stuttered a ton, the hooks can be nearly impossible to reach, and the gen spread is just disgusting.

It looked absolutely awesome visually, but I noticed there were some gross window and pallet setups. Also it's possible to deny unhooks in certain hallways by just standing still and bodyblocking the hallway, which is stupid.

I wouldn't hold my breath OP, it's cool to look at but not so great to play in.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

Not since the PTB, when I was stomping around it as Nemesis.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited June 2021
    Options

I played it about a hour ago, I was I. Shock it was in rotation I thought they removed it

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 334
    Options

Just got it as Doctor. My Static Therapy didn't work at all on that map. It would charge and release...but no shock or anything...just the sound. Static Blast works just fine...but wasn't very useful that game.

• mad_hatter
    mad_hatter Member Posts: 121
    Options

Just had a game on it. It lasted over half an hour. I was Demo with Leprose Lichen, and I could see the survivors just wondering around, clueless about where to go!

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

Not me but I have seen streamers getting it. One got the map twice in a row.

• kodiaky
    kodiaky Member Posts: 51
    Options

Yes

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Yes and it is awful to play on. Even had a survivor message me after the trial to tell me she found it hard to find a gen and didn't like it.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Not since it was disabled, and I don't look forward to it again on either side. Horrific design for a multiplayer game such as Dead by Daylight.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Twice. And they were not good experiences.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,045
    Options

I got the map today and got the final achievement I've been missing.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161
    edited July 2021
    Options

Finally got it last match. As someone who played the RE2 Remake, I love it. It's laid out pretty much how I remember it, from the game.

Having said that, we'll see how it plays once everyone gets used to it.

Btw(to everyone complaining), it's not a maze, you just don't know the layout. I can find my way around that map fine, because I know the layout. Chill out and give it time. I can't believe people are complaining that they can't immediately know the layout of a map.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Yes, as Hillbilly. It was the worst experience as killer I've had in a while. It was a real struggle navigating the map and finding survivors and when I did find them they'd hold W running in and out of rooms.

The chase music stopped so many times when I was chasing them, I couldn't cut them off or anything. Just mindlessly trying my best to track them through the maze. Lery's was my most disliked map but this one might be now.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

Got it for the first time today. It's a neat map, but holy cow, does it need to be split up into two maps: one for upstairs and one for downstairs. It's like, Mother's Dwelling huge (or at least it feels that way), and almost completely two-storied. Not sure why we have 5 almost identical Badham Preschool maps but they couldn't make split Racoon PD in two.

It's also SUPER cramped, with rooms being very small, obstacles in the middle of most rooms, and tons of cubbies everywhere. It's a bit claustrophobic, if I'm being honest. But that works very well for some killers (and very poorly for others), so eh. That'd be a lot more work to fix than splitting it in two. Midwich works a lot better than Racoon PD because the layout is just a big O. It can be tough to find who or what you're looking for sometimes, but you never actually get lost. I had no idea where I was going in Racoon PD for the majority of the game.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

It’s disabled right now. You can play it in private matches.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I pulled it on my survivor two hours ago. Was one hooked, unfortunately. My team couldn't figure out how to get to me. Just watching them run the map was both amusing and infuriating.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

i've gotten it 3 times

• Tysere
    Tysere Member Posts: 36
    Options

I just got it. It's a beautiful looking map, like stunning work from the design team. But my god is playing in it horrible. I thought the SH map was bad, but at least it's mostly navigate-able even if I can 't ever find gens correctly. This one is just an actual nightmare in practice.

• Bjario
    Bjario Member Posts: 313
    Options

It's actually not disabled anymore. Only the map offerings are disabled for it :)

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    Options

Wait, so it was reenabled? ######### yeah, that map was awesome.

Of course I've gotten ######### Coldwind or Haddonfield five times in a row and end up with maybe 30k BP a match even when everyone's running cake offerings. I've started disconnecting with I see Coldwind. I usually think it's cowardly to disconnect, but a man can only take so much goddamn Coldwind.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 364
    Options

Once. Hatch can spawn upstairs for some reason???

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

I've gotten it twice. It's great looking and I love that it stays true to the original RE2 map, But it's very confusing to navigate.

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339
    Options

Just got done with a match in RPD. Was shocked.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,641
    Options

I got it once as Nurse :)

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

RPD is a wonderful playground for the Trapper, like comically so. However for everyone that isn't Trapper it's a maze.

You have 60 seconds to use your Pop goes the weasel. Go ahead. Check every gen.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options
  • Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Would you believe I use pop all the time and just now moused over it and noticed that?

All this sacrificing is making me senile.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

I've gotten it and it's an awful map. Had a devour hope killer. Best of luck finding totems on that map, we barely could.

I feel like one of the few who was VERY happy that the map stayed disabled so long, because of how horrible it is to play on.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Not me