Is the event worth playing?

SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Need some honest answers here people. I've been reading all day about the free blood points not applying correctly, crowns being bugged and not appearing in your inventory, bad performance that continues to plague all platforms, the new RPD map being laggy, queue times taking forever, etc.

Is anyone having fun with the event?

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Nope. But it's more the game's fault than the event's.

I honestly wouldn't even be participating in the event if I wasn't trying to finish up the Rift. I don't think all the gimmicks are worth putting up with the jank-overload that DbD's been dealing with since the RE Chapter.

If you have BP saved up, it is a good time to hop on and level up and/or prestige characters. If you want the crowns, you can always do a quick run of the killer cast and nab them without much issue either. Though I personally think last year's crowns (and event) were better.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I can deal with the bugs. Killers playing like ######### has killed any ambition I had to play.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

I am legitimately only playing to use all the cakes and get bloodpoints. It's disappointing that the only thing they seemed to fix was the new RCP map from crashing; even then it's still a terrible map gameplay-wise.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I've been having a good time. Every trial has a cake burned, so more BP, and I'm just enjoying getting the new crowns and having fun with survivor (everyone in AU is playing killer for BP and extra cakes)

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,550

That depends. If you just want to level up a character or two, it is worth playing it.

If you just want to enjoy a nice event, then don't even bother.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Not really. Both sides are playing for lowest points possible. Killers doing best to prevent survivors from getting crowns, survivors either gen rushing to escape as quickly as possible with crown or quitting so they can just move on to next round quickly and hope for better chance. I'd use BP you have now for cakes and then use them once event is over.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Yeah it seems like if you want to accrue a lot of blood points and level up characters then it's worth it, but otherwise not really. I agree that if you're not having fun, then what's the point?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

It's basically just normal Dead by Daylight

If that's worth playing to you, then go nutter butters cause you'll get a lot of extra BP with the cakes. If it is not, the event isn't anything to write home about...

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I have had no issues whatsoever. I only really go for 2 crowns and I got those first try and bloodpoints have been fine.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, if you don't care about event items, BP or crowns then it's just normal DbD. Which is fine to me, if an event has items and BP and free cosmetics I'm happy.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

Games leggy as hell and randomly crashes on xbox so yay

My friend on pc has managed to escape a few times only to not get the crown she'd been carrying most of the match

Killers are face camping and tunneling, more so those with a golden shine and then being BM once you die and hitting your body over and over again

Survivors are being more toxic then normal to the few killers trying to farm blood point or just dcing

So yeah going great so far

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

This is barely an event. There are balloons and you can pick up a crown that you'll never actually want to wear. (Especially as survivor, it's basically a giant HERE I AM sign)

Maybe you'll get bonus BP from cakes?

The only real worthwhile thing is to login every day to get your free BP and shards.

Everything else is just last year's stuff all over again. Remember when they said they were going to make the anniversary event "bigger"?

Also, as a console player, just playing is pain.

FUN.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

it's like last years. the fun is in the new cakes and the cosmetics if you're into that. I'm a Quentin main so it's been interesting playing others that haven't unlocked all the perks. Evidently I don't have Kindred on Dwight.

The Goblin RULES!

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161

I'm just here for the Bloodpoints.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 370
    edited July 2021

The event isn't that great. Beyond the 500k blood point gift, I'd not bother. The cosmetics will be stashed away and forgotten in a few days like the old fourth-year ones. The anniversary cakes are few and far between blood webs while being supposedly the main attraction.

To top it all off, it's impossible to tell what's going the hell on inside matches as half of them want to farm and the other doesn't. Some survivors and killers want to sweat it out in a non-competitive match or be as toxic as possible to those who don't. Some killers are downright terrible at the game and are still face-camping those trying to help them gain more points.

A double blood point month would have been a far better event than this.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

I decided to give the event a shot, to see just how bad the lag has gotten (I'm on PS4) and to be honest... It's hardly noticable for me? As survivor though, I haven't played killer to feel the full frustration. Anyway, the only time it has ever terribly lagged for me was when the killer was Nemesis. Then it was teleport city which is making me dread ever coming against him again because I just can't play with the horrible lag he comes with, it's unplayable to go against STILL.

I finally got the RPD map (just once so far tho) and it only had light stutters as soon as you load in but super light - again, barely noticeable. I didn't get to really have the chance to actually play a legit match on it as the killer was farming which was cool, I got to explore a lil bit.

All the killers I've gone up against, only two wanted to farm. The second farming killer and I experienced a massive bug that took away the ability to wiggle out, be pallet saved or flashlight saved. Couldn't even be hooked so the killer DC'D and tbh I would too. There's more killers who don't want to farm than do tbh, they're mostly so sweaty rn to add onto their cake bonuses and BBQ, Survivor Pudding or Bloody party streamers points. It's really just been another average play day in dbd.

The crowns have been appearing in my inventory as I've collected them, I've received both my BP and daily 1k shards.

My only compliant about this event is the lack of cakes to show up in your bloodweb. It's a bit disappointing to get all the anniversary toolboxes and medkits but hardly any cakes.

• Drywatr
    Drywatr Member Posts: 135

I've almost gotten 2 full prestiges so far this event while not playing half the day, so its worth the bloodpoints for sure.