This event is extremely unfair

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,628

So explain why can killers get the crown just by grabbing it but survivors need to escape with it that's pure BS I died to a body blocking Wraith as Claudette with the crown active on me and to put more salt in the wound it says crown unlocked 500+ go to the cosmetics nope no crown seriously why can't it be if you pick up the crown it's unlocked for the survivor that way you don't need to pull your hair out trying to complete the rest.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159
  • FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Well they tried various killer conditions in the past. Unfortunately some Survivors found ways to manipulate them just to grief the killer out of the rewards.

All things considered, just playing survivor and actually avoiding the killer is not a high standard to set.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Yeah it was a struggle to get crowns last year too. There were plenty of matches where I had the crown, but lost it just as I was about to escape. Personally I don't like to wear them because I like to play stealthily, but your best hope is to come across a farming killer, or hope you're on a team that plays well.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

explain why killers have to adept by 4k and double pip but survivors just have to escape?

you want killers to 4k and double pip for a crown?

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

pot meet kettle. This entire forum is a killer main support group. Who are you kidding?

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Tbh just make survivors get the crown if the touch it and not having to escape.

I play killer and I find it annoying just to find I killed a survivor who actually needed the crown and not some person touching it for no reason.

So that way if the survivor escapes or dies they get it no matter what since it's tough enough to find a transporting pedestal and escape.

This way killer and survivor can just play normally after finding the crown and no special requirements needed since, unlike the Gnome charm which was fun you gotta get the crown on all survivors/killers you like or play which would mean you will have to get it just by sheer luck if you're a survivor.

Again no special requirements, just touch it and you get a crown because then people can have fun without worrying about keeping/getting the crown.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

I did every single killer and survivor last year... suck it up buttercup it aint that bad.

God I would love to hear your opinions about the lunar event, where survivors needed to escape with a lantern for points, but the killer could hook you to take them away and break them with their weapons to deny you points and earn points.

That event was actually fun as hell... i miss the fun events.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I agree since a killer can just not play do nothing and go looking for the crown and find and get to unlock it. While a survivor has to met a term to unlock it.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

It just creates problems if it wasn't like that

if killers didn't get the crown just for playing the match then it causes issues

if they need a 4k, no survivors are getting crowns and they are likely to play sweaty to get it

if they need a merciless killer like their adepts they also have to tryhard but while making your bad experience last longer

But if you are a survivor and you get the crown just for touching it

you can easily do nothing for the rest of the match / suicide on hook and ruin the match of the 4 other players, especially if killer has to double pip since if enough players kill themselves early its physically impossible at high ranks

its fine the way it is since in its current state it encourages killers to do stuff like give hatch and play nice since they don't have to worry

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I think survivors should get it by completing a set amount of gen progression in all honesty

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 370
    edited July 2021

The event sucks.

I'd rather just have double blood points than a mishmash of no farming and farming.

Not only is it difficult to tell what the hell is going on in the match, but half the killers and survivors want to end the match with no points, while also getting killers that are completely awful and you try to farm with them to get more out of the game for everyone and they end up face camping you.

Beyond that, they should just let you grab the crown if you hadn't gotten it already, there's zero need to force survivors to escape when the killer can grab it and afk.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

No, the post was about how much easier it is for killers to get. Have you tried all adept killers in red ranks, it's a lot more difficult than surviving a trial.

The time limit is long enough to get them on all survivors. I am sure people can survive two or three times per day even if only by hatch camping.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Yes, I'm saying since one has a time limit and one doesn't they're not comparable. Not that it matters, but I have all but two of the killer adepts. One of which is a killer I don't own.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

How is this even unfair escaping is not hard to do lol.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, it's really ######### stupid and really, really unfair.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I mean, its not that hard to escape a few time during the event is it?

I think survivors have to escape because then we would see people jump on a character, get crown, dc, rinse and repeat for all survivors they have.

As for killers there is no requirement because then people would just be mad at killers be try hard to get 4k.

So the devs have designed it this way to make matches still payable during the event... yet you are still upset?

How would you design it so matches are not ruined by people just out for the crown?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

It's so freaking easy to escape as survivor though.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    edited July 2021

Who cares about ######### halos you will never wear? You have 2 weeks to escape still so maybe chill.

Also do people know theres cakes and ton of BP in this event?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Have you considered bringing a key?

Or did survivors already spend all their keys?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Who cares about the crowns

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175
    edited July 2021

I tend to agree its pretty unfair, but I also gotta say..getting out with crown when you did a TON of work for your team, is so satisfying.

I got out as Meg but it was really thanks to the killer (huntress closed Hatch and I got the gate to 90% when they showed up, proceeded to try to bait the hit, opened the gate but they got me almost immediately). Saw them standing still deciding what to do with me (I was hoping they'd be kind) and they thankfully let me go. This was after doing 3 in a half gens, saving 3 people, doing 2 totems.

Was really nice of them! (Kudos to you Huntress if you ever read this).

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

That's so nice!! I got a nice deathslinger, I was on my death hook and I just tbagged him when he approached and he let me go

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Survivors already stop playing when there is one gen left and wait for someone else to finish it, even without this event.

I had a game with either a new killer or someone who just wanted the crown. There was only one hook with four gens done, so I decided to experiment.

I started a little progress on every gen so my teammates could hear them and find them easier. Then I got a gen to 90% and left it. I went to check the other two gens. Nothing had been done and one was back to zero progress, so the killer at least was still playing. The two people who stayed together the entire game were still running around together along the edge of the map, ignoring gens entirely, probably looking for crowns. I'm tired of winning games for my teammates who do nothing and then leave me to die after I finish the last gen. I went crown hunting too and found one after a couple of minutes. Still no one touched the other two gens. I finally went back to my gen (on the big boat in the swamp, one of the easiest gens to find on any map), and finished it alone. So in about five minutes, not a single one of my teammates did a damn thing. I even had to open the gate because god forbid anyone take any risk.

I had another game where I was doing the last gen, injured, and my two remaining teammates, both fully healed, were camping the hatch.

It is absolute BS that survivors have to win to get the crown when every game has been like these.

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

“Just escape it’s easy”

LOL you don’t play on console atm then… near impossible most games. I could have done all killer crowns in the time it took me to do 1 survivor last night. I solo queue & play on console. Nothing about escaping is easy

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Sure thing. Any more generalized ad hominem?

Aside from your crude attack on Killers in general: I think this is right. Killers have it a bit to easy to get the crown.

My suggestion would be that a Killers only gets the Crown if she/he hooks X survivors that have collected the crown.