The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Character outfit suggestion

As far as character outfits/skins go, some are interesting to look at, but completely useless. They serve no purpose for either killers or survivors other than a visual one. The only useful outfit is Claudette's prestige outfits, which help her camouflage into the surroundings better.

A huge suggestion to the developers is to make certain outfits/skins aid the survivor or killer in a certain way. For example, lets say one outfit for Claudette gives her a small increase in healing speed, or one outfit for Meg gives her a small increase in running speed. On the other hand, one skin for Freddy could decrease the time put into dream world.

Certain perks given to outfits would give a HUGE incentive to buy different skins or save up shards to get them, and would make the game more interesting.

I think the major issue with this idea is the concern of outfit perks being too overpowered, but these perks can be as simple as a 1-2% increase...etc.

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I like the idea but I think it's not feasible, I brought up something like this in a thread and this guy said how complicated the coding would be but I don't remember exactly what he said. Either way, if this is possible it would be cool.

• spicyitalian1
    spicyitalian1 Member Posts: 4

Also note that perk additions to both killers and survivors would balance each other out.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    P2W and and an even stricter meta. 
    I'll pass.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Sounds too much like P2W. 
    Mid be really against this idea.
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    I like the idea, but it brings up quite a few issues, some of which have been brought up already. 

- coding issues (which could increase resource usage/cause lag/ framerate drop/etc)
    - p2w aspects
    - could bring about people using all the same outfits for the most meta perks
    - would further complicate an already complicated balancing system

I'm sure there's more... but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. 
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Pay2win! Boo hiss!
    Threads for customisation and hamstringing only!
    All the best clothes have you stand out like a dog at a llama orgy.